Petition to be allowed to run without Steam for 2013.

This is the kind of nonsense that is slowing down the site? Die

It's not just for me that it's slow for then? Bonus.

And I didn't mean that I'm glad it's slow for everyone, just that it's not just me... Oh **** it.

STEAM is ****. Why the **** should i install that heap of **** to play a game I legally paid for. **** steam. I wont be buying any game, ever, that insists I install that heap of ******* horseshit in order to play in on MY OWN ******* pc. (and yes ive tried it in the past when i had FM2010, its ******* **** and POINTLESS, all it ever did was **** up my game play experience and have me sit around waiting for STEAM to finish picking its ******* **** before it allowed me to play MY OWN game!)

I built my pc, i bought the parts. Its My ******* pc, I and I alone decide what i will and wont ******* run on it.

Nice emo rant pal.

Sort of reminds me of this...

[Scrubs] - My Machines! - YouTube

this is my first year of using steam and i must admit im rather impressed with it, downloaded fm within 20mins of buying it and no problems at all with any feature of it :D

one happy fm player lol

LOL at this Thread. every few post (mostly by the premium Mems) are having 3 + Likes on there post. XD
seriously, this is a pointless discussion to discuss or the sign a declaration about.

---Better [Butter] be Closed !!!!!---

I cannot help but think this has to be a giant troll, I mean seriously lets whinge about something more pathetic. How could anyone come to this site where so many of us have been using steam (I've been using it for years on other games aside from FM) and expect a whole bunch of us to not only sign a petition but actually take some peoples ridiculous 4 year old dummy spit seriously?

Get a life dude, steam is not the problem.

Last edited:
steam is the dogs bollocks! :)

and the guy who started this thread is just a drop of sweat on the ******* of the dog...

seriously..steam is ace! makes life so much easier..id never used it before fm 12..and now ive used it i cant see myself turning back!

SI have nailed it in every sense this year! well in.

Steam is easy to use, the people who complain mostly about it affecting thier game want to be able to pirate the game not buy a legit copy,who in this day and age doesnt have an internet connection and who doesnt leave their internet running whilst on the computer, realy?

At least steam simply sits doing a simple job unlike that piece of **** origin from ea which is basicly legal spyware.

I did hate it when installing but everything works perfectly now, turn on pc, start steam in offline mode and play Fm12.. I am not a fan of the install update via steam though as I am uncapped here at my business and dont use internet at home (except a USB modem) which costs a fortune as I live in South Africa (******* 3rd world countries) so all updates are going to cost me like £12-£18 a pop! I logged on to Steam at work last week and it downloaded 324mb as an update.. now if that happened at home it would have cost me £11.50 just for a new small hotfix patch not even an official one...

So I would like the option of donwloading the patch like we normally do so I can take it home on my flash and install it manually... other than that Steam is ok! its not made with 3rd world countries in mind who have internet problems and is not cheap either....

People on here can be so mean, some one is having trouble and your just all telling him how great steam is, what he is having problems with. If your not having problems don't post. Ive had to clean install windows for steam to work on my system, and thats not fm12 its steam. And what have SI gained from steam??? you cant stop the internet, if it can be made it can be cracked and fm12 is all over the internet now. and you can install the torrent ones without steam!!!

People on here can be so mean, some one is having trouble and your just all telling him how great steam is, what he is having problems with. If your not having problems don't post. Ive had to clean install windows for steam to work on my system, and thats not fm12 its steam. And what have SI gained from steam??? you cant stop the internet, if it can be made it can be cracked and fm12 is all over the internet now. and you can install the torrent ones without steam!!!

They have greatly reduced zero day piracy which has saved them shitloads. It may be cracked and all that, but the damage done has been reduced financially.

how many morons do you think brought the game, when they knew it would be cracked? the cost to implement steam and the problems people are having with it was it worth it. The C.I.A was hacked and SI thought using steam would stop piracy!! lol

Yeah well people knew before hand it would be activated by a free installation. If they weren't sure about it, or didn't like, didn't have to buy it simple as. Rather than ***** and moan about the dam thing. I'm actually surprised this threads still open tbh

Exactly, people on here can be dicks. I don't see why it's such an unfair request that people be allowed to play the game without Steam.. What makes me laugh is their comeback, 'If ya don't like Steam, don't buy FM!' yeah, okay, nice one. It's almost as if just because it works for them everyone who has a problem is an ungreatful moaning ****.. Not somebody who genuinely just wants to play FM!

The fact of the matter is, Steam does not work on some peoples PC. It's not their fault, and short of having to clean install windows (which I, and a few others have already had to do) it would be a lot nicer if we could just play without it. I can go without automatic patching and achievements thanks. Oh yeah, and I can go without Steam's pop-up adverts and constant updates.

They have greatly reduced zero day piracy which has saved them shitloads. It may be cracked and all that, but the damage done has been reduced financially.

Bullshit has it saved SI money, all it's done is bring thousands more customers to Steam, and that's all it was ever meant to do. :)

Last edited:
agree with you 100% Andy, it is bs how we have to be subjected to play it via steam! and as well as the fu to people who say "just dont buy fm"

it is unfair and I sincerely hope that they (SI) have been able to see the amount of **** Steam has caused in this years release and can hopefully give you the option next year to either play it through Steam for the Steam lovers or have it installed like the good old days but having to register your cd key and the game online once after installation like SecureRom or something along those lines and allow us to donwload the official updates when and if we even feel like....

I feel as though I am subjected to their demands and rules where as we are the paying customers and should have the final say in how we go about playing our games we have purchased!

Andy your post made me laugh, the amount of posts i've saw with people saying if you don't like steam don't buy fm. im happy now playing but as i stated after a clean windows install. I really dont understand there reasoning for moving to complete steam, paying someone else for what were meant to believe was to stop piracy. if that was the case why didnt they do research and see steam activation didnt stop piracy.

never had to deal with steam before FM12, so this was the first experience with steam for me. Luckily I haven't encountered a single problem so far (finger crossed) but I'm not a fan of SI choice both for principle and practical reasons. It just adds another little thing that CAN go wrong. And indeed it HAS GONE wrong for more than a few.

it's business decision from SI and I respect that. But I hope they change their mind for FM13.

Andy your post made me laugh, the amount of posts i've saw with people saying if you don't like steam don't buy fm. im happy now playing but as i stated after a clean windows install. I really dont understand there reasoning for moving to complete steam, paying someone else for what were meant to believe was to stop piracy. if that was the case why didnt they do research and see steam activation didnt stop piracy.

So you can't understand the financial reasons why they opted to choose one of the more hassle free DRM solutions?

It did prevent Piracy, in that regards the move to a Steam activation was a huge success. Zero-day piracy is what hurts games the most and that's what they were aiming to prevent. Did they? **** right they did.

FM 2008: cracked 1 day before release
FM 2009: shrugs
FM 2010: cracked 1 day before release.
FM 2011: cracked 5 days before release.
FM 2012: cracked 10 days after release.