PFA Awards

Unbelievable that A.Cole is there ahead of Baines, really gutted for the lad, don't know what more he can do to get the deserved recognition.

Only one other defender in Europe has more assists than Baines' 27 since the start of 08/09 season. Dani Alves and let's be honest he's not a defender.

Also how Parker isn't in it I will never know.

Should rename it to "Top 5 POTY"

Bale won it on the hype following him at the moment rather than his actual performances this season. Apparently you win seasonal awards based on performances in two games in a competition irrelevant to the one the awards are based on. Wonderful job on creating credibility in the awards.

Not to mention that Nani is the only player in the whole league with more assists this season. Across Europe only 5 players have more than Baines (11).

Nani (18), Lionel Messi (17), Dani Alves (14) and Cagliari’s Andrea Cossu (12)

Bale, seriously?
He's only really had two games where he's stood out and they were the games against Inter Milan.

Tevez, Kompany, Berbatov are three who are above him I thought, and perhaps even Hernandez deserved it more then he did.

Bale, seriously?
He's only really had two games where he's stood out and they were the games against Inter Milan.

Tevez, Kompany, Berbatov are three who are above him I thought, and perhaps even Hernandez deserved it more then he did.

.. Vidic, Modric and Nani are some more too.

Don't understand how Wilshere can beat Bale to young player.. yet Bale win best overall player :S

Really struggling to understand how on earth Bale is POTY? Surely they're awarding it him on his champions league form? He's been naff in the league.

Delighted to see Jack Wilshere get YPOY though, thoroughly deserved imo. Think Reina & Lucas may have had a shout personally for TOTY but i'm probably being slightly bias

Congrats to Jack he really deserved that. Has been class all season.

Bale shouldn't of got POTY. Nani, Modric or Tevez deserve it far more. Even Nasri should of been ahead of him.

Samir Nasri or Scott Parker Should of won player of the year
happy to see Jack Wilshere win young player of the year

why was martin kelly not on young player of the year shortlist

Samir Nasri or Scott Parker Should of won player of the year
happy to see Jack Wilshere win young player of the year

why was martin kelly not on young player of the year shortlist

Kelly's only played 12 games...

Although I hate Tevez with utmost passion I still think he is most worthy of the award among the nominees, although the player that I would like to win the most wasn't even nominated. But instead, Bale, who had done nothing impressive in the EPL bar a few games won it.

I think they should just rename the PFA award to the "most popular footballer" contest.

I think the whole System is a joke... They decide in January... What is the ******* point of that. The best player is decided 5 months before the season ends. If it was voted for now. there would be a different winner of the PFA winner without a doubt.

Really struggling to understand how on earth Bale is POTY? Surely they're awarding it him on his champions league form? He's been naff in the league.

Delighted to see Jack Wilshere get YPOY though, thoroughly deserved imo. Think Reina & Lucas may have had a shout personally for TOTY but i'm probably being slightly bias

Agree on Bale - I think everyone's bemused at why two Champions League games seem to have given him the award for the Premier League...

Lucas is a good shout, but VDS has been outstanding - I don't think anyone can offer much serious consideration to anyone else tbh - far and away the best GK this season.

Also delighted that Sagna is finally getting the praise he deserves. He's one of the most consistent RBs going forward and defending and fully deserves his place there. My TOTY would've been:

VDS

Sagna - Vidic - Kompany - Baines/Cole

Nani - Wilshere - Parker - Nasri

Modric

Tevez​

SO - that's three Arsenal players and an Arsenal academy player (Cole) :D

Maybe Coleman might give Sagna a run for his money at RB as well? I know he's predominantly played further up the pitch, but he plays RB too and has been superb all season - I think he should have been in the YPOTY short list (if he's the right age?)

POTY should be Nani, Tevez or Parker for me. All of them have been brilliant, and significantly better than Bale.

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 AM ----------

Guardian article added to the OP:

Gareth Bale is fourth Welshman to win PFA player of the year award | Football | The Guardian

i think berba is too lazy tbh, if he shoved a rocket up his **** he'd have even more goals than he does now...

my TOTY so far:

Hart/VDS
Sagna - Vidic - Kompany - Baines
Wilshere - Parker
Nani - modric - Bale
tevez​

or if you need to stay 4-4-2

Hart/VDS
Sagna - Vidic - Kompany - Baines
Nani - Wilshere - Parker - Bale
Tevez - Hernandez​

Hard choice between Hart/VDS, Hart has made a couple of mistakes but other than that hes been fantastic - especially for his age... but I can't deny VDS has also been outstanding this season too

I prefer Baines over Cole, Baines has been better imo...

I can't stand Nani but theres also no denying he's been very good this season.

Had a conversation with someone yesterday, and we were talking about Dirk Kuyt, he'd be a pretty good shout for TOTY, though players like him aren't usually considered for anything like that. So important to out team, and he's always in the right place at the right time.

Had a conversation with someone yesterday, and we were talking about Dirk Kuyt, he'd be a pretty good shout for TOTY, though players like him aren't usually considered for anything like that. So important to out team, and he's always in the right place at the right time.

he had a very quiet first half to the season though, hes only really shone under Kenny from what ive seen...

he had a very quiet first half to the season though, hes only really shone under Kenny from what ive seen...

Can say the same about the whole Liverpool squad tbf but they've greatly improved and Kuyt's work-rate is second to none.