PFA YOUNG PLAYER OF THE YEAR
The six nominations
Darren Bent (Charlton)
Cesc Fabregas (Arsenal)
Anton Ferdinand (West Ham)
Aaron Lennon (Tottenham)
Cristiano Ronaldo (Man United)
Wayne Rooney (Man United)

Not sure who should win Player of the Year, no idea how Joe Cole on it tho, i dont think hes played enough to earn that.

I think that is Rooney wins Player of the year that Fabregas should win Young player because after Viera left he has improved drastically.

Wheres Xabi Alonso :(

I would of voted for him if he was in the List but as he isnt, I went for wayne rooney :)

Roooney for player (however I dont think he deserved last months player of the month, he got really big headed last month thinking he was great which was imo the reason why he missed so many sitters)

and lil Cess Fibreglass for YOung player

Thierry Henry, he has been amazing this season. Rooney has been great as well, but he has been a bit too inconsistant.

Thierry Henry gets my vote; he’s been his wonderful self this season

Cesc Fabregas gets my vote for yp, he has been great this season especially in the champion’s league, but i think Darren Bent should be in with a shot

Gerrard gets my vote, Liverpool are nothing without him :)

YPOY goes to Aaron Lennon he has been great all season is so fast,skillfull and will be a great player in a few years.

Ive gone for Rooney solely on his Star Man to Games Played ratio. I had him in my Sun Dream Team and the amount of motm awards he got were amazing.

Joe cole or Rooney for the PFA player. Rooney for the young player definetly, fabregas probably second but he hasn't impressed that much only in the last month or two has he showed what he can do.

Yeh Fabregas seemed to have a slow start this year, so I would go for Rooney over him in the Young Player award.

Rooney for both :D Its a possibility though, as if he wins normal one,then theres a chance he will win young-un cos none of them have been better than him. I reckon Henry and Terry will be 2nd,3rd cos they carry their teams.

If this was two months ago people wouldnt be talking about Fibreglass cos he only had a few good games in the CL, and people were sayin **** and were too young and weak. Darren Bent could get it as hes been relatively consistent.

And why the **** is Joe Cole nominated?? :| He had a good few months but hasnt played that much this year. Surely Ruud could have been up there, maybe even someone like Carrick...or Crouch :worried:

Rooney cant win both because they stopped people being able to win both after Andy Gray done it.

Ah...well I reckon he will be given player, and Cesc/Bent young player

clackerbag said:
Rooney cant win both because they stopped people being able to win both after Andy Gray done it.

They havn't stopped it, it just never happens. If they'd have stopped it then they would not nominate a player for both awards.

Ye but it would be stupid not to nominate rooney for the young player because if he doesnt win player he will end up with nothing and either Bent or Cesc will be named the better player than him.

Gerrard- Hes played well this season but I don't really remember him being truly outstanding. :rolleyes:

Rooney- Can't really argue with that.

I dont understand either of them, I would of went for Darren Bent for yougn kid. But this relly does seem like a popularity constest amongst the "common" best players in this league, for the player of the year.

i mean WTF has rooney done ? Bents been nothing short of great playing in an average side and bagging about 20-ish. rooneys scored 21 and am shure hes played more games incl europe and engerland.

I dont think any player has reallly impressed this season, cant think of any except D bent : S

yeah, i thought bent should have won young player of year. I dont think gerrard should have won player of the year at all, hes been a bit too average for me. For me, player of the year should have gone to rooney

When Rooney isn't playing for England and Man Utd i think hes missed. He's unarguably Man Utd's best player. He's made goals for them out of nothing, and he's scored plenty as well. He is a terrific player and has a bright future ahead of him.

I thought D.Bent Could of got it 2. Hes the highest scoring Englishman, but u could say scoring goals shouldn't get you any award other than golden boot.