Pienaar turns down Chelsea

oja20

Simmer down and pucker up
Reaction score
Steven Pienaar's talks over a move to Chelsea have broken down and Sky Sports sources understand the Everton midfielder will sign a pre-contract agreement with a major European club.

More here:
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6662520,00.html

Bit gutted if he has turned us down for the likes of Athletico but i dont blame picking Madrid over London.

I'm gutted he's leaving the club tbh. totally gutted. But hard to resist a bigger club. Oh well :'(

eventually, someone with brains, we is from SA, what can I say... :D

Just to clarify; that means leaving in the summer for nothing? :S

great. just ****** great. Not only a creative hole in midfield, but also the bank balance.

Yep but if he went Chelsea you would of got 2million i think was the rumoured amount!

We need major investment tbh bill kenwright has done a good job but i think its time for him to move on

I'd rather not have a takeover-look whats happened to Portsmouth and Man Utd with all the debt.
Right I've calmed down now. All the best to Steven. He did well. Quite spooky. Went to Bayern Munich in one of my saves.

We need major investment tbh bill kenwright has done a good job but i think its time for him to move on

sell rodwell to united!!!! :)
not a bad idea if i do say so myself

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 PM ----------

in mine chelsea always sign him first transfer window

I heard about this, he was exactly the type of player we needed to provide that creativity in the midfield sadly

Great player sad to see him go writing been on the wall for a while he wasn't going to sign a new contract

Great. Looking increasing likely he won't be involved in the Merseyside Derby. This day's gettin worse

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 PM ----------

Interesting. 2 bids accepted, and sounds like he's actually leaving in the near future, before close of window.

Great. Looking increasing likely he won't be involved in the Merseyside Derby. This day's gettin worse

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 PM ----------

Interesting. 2 bids accepted, and sounds like he's actually leaving in the near future, before close of window.
At least you'll get money!

yeah. Don't want him to go, but we desperately need cash. Can't let that sort of talent go for nothing

We more than likely offered him less than whats his on and not a guarenteed starting place in our squad so i can see why he rejected. This does tell 2 things though, 1 is that Chelsea are atleast in the market this month and the second is with Pienaar only costing around 3 million it shows the kind of money we are looking to spend. i.e bargains.