Pirlo is way underrated in this game.

Hopefully they'll make it harder and more competitive, also the financial part needs a huge improvement, I don't know if it was just me, but the game kind of bored me more this year, in 11 I was playing it until the month before the release of 12, with 12 I'm bored since the beggining of the year.
yeah its not easily balanced. But at least they not the issue is there. And yes it has been, 16 new positions, 10 of which are filled

I think there needs to be more of a feature where you can set player movement, where players move/make runs in certain phases of play for example where roughly you want them to move in defensive phase of play and attacking phase of play.

Would be very hard but it is definitely somrthing that would improve FM and you would have even more control.

Here it is, the start of the 'this player was good yesterday, lets make 100 threads about him, how to play him etc'

I guarantee the 'how to play balotelli' threads will start within a week

Pirlo has had a brilliant season for Juventus doing what he has done at the Euro's week in week out, people are suddenly only noticing this because they are only just paying attention

He was always a top class footballer, but one that most of the time goes unseen as he plays the simple game, but it is very effective, In FM these type of players dont really influence the game IMO as much as they should so in that way you could say he was underrated but 160CA is not half bad!

Pirlo has had a brilliant season for Juventus doing what he has done at the Euro's week in week out, people are suddenly only noticing this because they are only just paying attention

He was always a top class footballer, but one that most of the time goes unseen as he plays the simple game, but it is very effective, In FM these type of players dont really influence the game IMO as much as they should so in that way you could say he was underrated but 160CA is not half bad!

I just love the way how he gracefully spins round people, it all seems so effortless, the talent of Pirlo is incredible and you are right, he has been doing this for Juventus all season and has been a phenominal player for a long long long time, but has gone unnoticed compared to the likes of the Messi's, Ronaldo's, Rooney's, Xavi's etc. In a way that just sums up what a true professional he is, 3rd best player in the world for me.

I just love the way how he gracefully spins round people, it all seems so effortless, the talent of Pirlo is incredible and you are right, he has been doing this for Juventus all season and has been a phenominal player for a long long long time, but has gone unnoticed compared to the likes of the Messi's, Ronaldo's, Rooney's, Xavi's etc. In a way that just sums up what a true professional he is, 3rd best player in the world for me.

Yes he is a very good player, amazed people are only just taking notice

For me the likes of Xavi and Iniesta still edge it but its not bad company to be in the same category as!

Yes he is a very good player, amazed people are only just taking notice

For me the likes of Xavi and Iniesta still edge it but its not bad company to be in the same category as!

Not sure Xavi could play the role as well as Pirlo does for Italy, I do not really watch Xavi much though.

He is a world cup winner, champs league winner, league winner and yet some people on this thread are talking about him like they ve just discovered a 19 year old wonderkid. World class in real life, world class on fm, not underrated one bit. Hes also been world class on fm for well over ten years.

The fact that some people in England are only just recognising Pirlo tells you so much about the state of football in this country... depressing.

The fact that some people in England are only just recognising Pirlo tells you so much about the state of football in this country... depressing.

I'm not English, and I've known he was a great player since 06 world cup, but I'm pretty new to FM (just started 1.5 year ago with fm11), and the only reason I made this thread was because I found him very ineffective when I first started my Juventus team, but then again I am not a very experienced player at this game and I'm sure I wasn't using him nearly as well as I could have.
Also, on other saves I checked to see how much/how well the AI were using him, and often times I've noticed they only played him about 6-10 times all season, with an average rating of 6.6 or something.

I'm not English, and I've known he was a great player since 06 world cup, but I'm pretty new to FM (just started 1.5 year ago with fm11), and the only reason I made this thread was because I found him very ineffective when I first started my Juventus team, but then again I am not a very experienced player at this game and I'm sure I wasn't using him nearly as well as I could have.
Also, on other saves I checked to see how much/how well the AI were using him, and often times I've noticed they only played him about 6-10 times all season, with an average rating of 6.6 or something.

Oh no, not aimed at you, its a general gripe I have.

There is an issue with ratings with players like this, best way to judge them is by the the passes they make, use the analysis screen

Heh, isn't it the curse of the regista? The very best make the role seem so efortless, they basically become invisible.

First of all Pirlo has been the best CM and was the best playmaker over the last decade. Saying that Iniesta is better than Pirlo is the equivalent of saying Zidane is a better player than Xavi, completely different roles. Xavi and Pilro are on the same level with Xavi slightly above him. Pirlo takes far more risks, but Xavi is better simply because he can dictate the game in tighter spaces where as Pirlo needs to be kept away from the packed zones and 'see' the whole pitch as Manzonne put it.

OT I know what you are saying is true OP, it is difficult but I managed to use Pilro well and he came third in the balon d'or voting. Use him right and he will be rated higher. I lterally built my Juve side around him, he was getting at least 80 passes a game, and in some cases, he was getting over 120+. That's the only way I'm afraid.