Pl winners 2010/2011

• Thread starter Thread starter Calum
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 117
  • Views Views 8K

WINNERS OF THE 10/11 PL

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Way too early but if we sign a few top players then I can see us running away with it. Plus the fact Essien will be back it will be like a new signing for us.

As for the ageing squad, haven't people been saying that for like 3 years now? As long as their doing the business on the pitch, then I don't see any problems.

1.Chelsea
2.Arsenal
3.City
4.United
5.Spurs
6.Liverpool

Ohhhhhh controversial ;)

Another epically **** calum thread...

how can anyone make any sort of prediction on next season.

anyone that doesn't support the above teams will be influenced by Chelsea's recent title and this seasons results.

every season is totally different.

close the thread and open it up when its more realistic ;)

to be honest no one is gonna care through june and july. come back first week of august and ask us then

---------- Post added at 04:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 AM ----------

Way too early but if we sign a few top players then I can see us running away with it. Plus the fact Essien will be back it will be like a new signing for us.

As for the ageing squad, haven't people been saying that for like 3 years now? As long as their doing the business on the pitch, then I don't see any problems.

1.Chelsea
2.Arsenal
3.City
4.United
5.Spurs
6.Liverpool

Ohhhhhh controversial ;)
haha very, since united have never finished outside the top 3 since the inception the premier league

I like how the original post only mentions Arsenal's injuries. <)

I am sticking to my prediction that Blackburn is the team to beat this year, All the ins and outs that have been going on, blackburn still have kept the same team together.

Good thread Callum.

Honestly, i don't think you'll win it. Your squad is aging terribly, and a lot of pace will go,and a lot of players, and their replacements might do an Aquilani :@ Also, If's. If we had torres and Gerrard for more of the season, we might of been up there, IF Fabregas had stayed fit Arsenal might of.

Aging... yes, but they dont age over a period of 3 months to be so drastic, I understand what you are saying with having Nino & Stevie G fit, but thats Liverpool's over dependence, `Pool need to spend big this transfer market I feel mate.

& on the note of Fabregas and Arsenal, they need 5 spectacular signings, at least 4 first team!

I am sticking to my prediction that Blackburn is the team to beat this year, All the ins and outs that have been going on, blackburn still have kept the same team together.

Good thread Callum.

I hope that was sarcasm ?

Dumb thread IMO, actually all the 20 teams are starting with a chance of winning the title next season, so you can have a surprise anytime.

since i made this thread a bit early 16/5/2010 i thought i would make it alive again as its now 22/6/10 and fixtures have come out managers and players have left and joined new clubs:)

I still think it's too early to make a prediction. There haven't been many transfers at all, and many will happen when the WC has finished.

I voted Liverpool, because well I have too..

Calum_arsenal, are you the guy that last week supported Spain?

I voted Liverpool, because well I have too..

Calum_arsenal, are you the guy that last week supported Spain?

He is indeed. He wont be earning any loyalty points this world cup.

To be honest,looking at how things are going at SAF's reluctance to make mass changes to the Manchester United team following our narrow miss on our fourth Premier League title and with Chelsea seemingly going from strength-to-strength,the Blues,in my opinion,will recapture the league crown.

Fergie's said himself that he is not going to sign a lot of players and revamp the squad,which looks like it will become a disadvantage.We've stayed with relatively the same squad for quite a while,since 2007.There haven't been many changes,putting in the exceptions of Tevez and Ronaldo's departures and Berbatov's signing from Spurs.

For Arsenal,it's a matter of dealing with the Fabregas saga for once and for all and not to stretch this like the Ronaldo-Real one was.Once done,regardless of whether they keep him or not,Wenger,despite having already brought in Chamakh from Bordeaux,will need to strengthen the midfield and improve the defence,centrally,to give them more stability in terms of not conceding unnecessary (sp) goals,something they did quite a few times in 2009-10.

Liverpool do not need huge amounts of work to be done on them,however,the faith and motivation to get into the top four,qualify for the Champions League and start rebuilding the successful team it once was,seems to be lacking.Gerrard and Torres have been rumoured to be leaving Anfield,but I doubt that tbh.They just need the right manager who needs the right amount of money to spend and,within 2-3 years,they should be like how they were in 2008-09.

Done. (A)

this is how i see things : nani like a new player,rafael more expirienced,valencia,evans more expirience,berbatov MIGHT be good,and macheda/welbeck might do something and hernandez isnt bad

the world cup hanst ended, the transfer window is yet to really kick off, way too early

To be honest,looking at how things are going at SAF's reluctance to make mass changes to the Manchester United team following our narrow miss on our fourth Premier League title and with Chelsea seemingly going from strength-to-strength,the Blues,in my opinion,will recapture the league crown.

Fergie's said himself that he is not going to sign a lot of players and revamp the squad,which looks like it will become a disadvantage.We've stayed with relatively the same squad for quite a while,since 2007.There haven't been many changes,putting in the exceptions of Tevez and Ronaldo's departures and Berbatov's signing from Spurs.

For Arsenal,it's a matter of dealing with the Fabregas saga for once and for all and not to stretch this like the Ronaldo-Real one was.Once done,regardless of whether they keep him or not,Wenger,despite having already brought in Chamakh from Bordeaux,will need to strengthen the midfield and improve the defence,centrally,to give them more stability in terms of not conceding unnecessary (sp) goals,something they did quite a few times in 2009-10.

Liverpool do not need huge amounts of work to be done on them,however,the faith and motivation to get into the top four,qualify for the Champions League and start rebuilding the successful team it once was,seems to be lacking.Gerrard and Torres have been rumoured to be leaving Anfield,but I doubt that tbh.They just need the right manager who needs the right amount of money to spend and,within 2-3 years,they should be like how they were in 2008-09.

Done. (A)

Pretty much entirely agree with this tbh.

Only thing I'm not so sure about is Chelsea winning it. They are of course one of the contenders and I am sure will be the main team to beat next season but I think they will have to spend wisely this transfer window.

In a lot of ways I think the winner of next season will be the team that spends the best this transfer window, Arsenal and Chelsea both have money to spend and so look likely contenders.

You can never count Man Utd out. EVER. They are the most consistent winners in the EPL hands down (Birmingham supporter here btw).

Man city have money to burn so will have to wait and see with them.

Tottenham continue to surprise people by punching well above their weight and with some already good signings (such as Sandro) could end up causing yet another incredible footballing upset.

Liverpool at this moment in time are in dissaray. However whether rival fans like it or not the current squad at this time has some incredible talent. Stevie G, Torres, Mascherano, Reina. These are names that can never be counted out.

All I can say is that I think it will be a great season, even if the EPL seemingly continues to be weakened by players moving to Spain etc. Its far too early to tell who will win the title but it might be interesting to bring up this thread towards the end of next season once the league has nearly finished just to see what people predicted at this time. :).

Come on guys lets just treat it as a bit of fun guessing... :). Theres nothing wrong with wild speculation, its not like its hurting anyone...

my prem predictions

1 Man Utd
2 Chelsea
3 Man City
4 Tottenham
5 Arsenal
6 Liverpool
7 Aston Villa
8 Everton

18 West Brom
19 Wigan
20 Blackpool

arsenal 5th aye right jog on mate

Last edited:
This thread shouldnt be made until the end of January 2011 IMO.

Last edited:
Back