Place for female officials?

If female officials can do a good of a job as male officials can, I really don't see why not.

If they know the game then why not?? I know woman that know more about football than some of my mates(not me because im a freak).

So long as they do a good job, I don't see why they can't do it.

Over my dead body!

lol, brilliant.

seriously, though, it's not even an issue, what's the problem? Unless you are an 80 years old raging alcoholic, i doubt anyone can come with a reasonable argument. It's cool, you can practice your pick up lines, just like a construction worker

I play hockey, and have had plenty of female umpire, and having umpired myself, I know this is not an easy job. The female umpires Ive had are no better or worse than the males. Gender has absolutely 0 relevance to someones ability to officiate a game, so long as they fully understand all the rules, which to even be considered for a league 2 game, you would have too! So long as the officials are consistent, unbiased and generally make correct decisions (although everyone has a bad day) I don't mind...

Also, Stafford, you've changed your tag thing to "Grammer Police ;)" and spelled grammar incorrectly...

It just doesnt look right in my opinion.
Its like female commentators and presenters, It just isnt the same with squeeeeeeeek

If female officials can do a good of a job as male officials can, I really don't see why not.

I couldnt agree more with this, once they do the job right it shouldnt matter what gender they are. In this day and age theres no room for sexism in sport. Also feel that it can only benefit the game in the long term as the game will have more choice of good officials rather than all male officials who sometimes make big mistakes... Its all about diversity :)

it shouldn't even be up for discussion. the only thing that should be debated is sky sports recruitment policy.

Anyways please discuss this topic and try not to be sexist with your remarks.

As long as you teach them the offside rule, im cool.

Really ? he already said no sexist remarks, Plus the fact its not funny and getting boring now. However your video was pretty good I liked how the referee laughed though and didn't get offended.

Anyway IMO I don't agree with females officiating the game regardless of what decisions they make correctly or incorrectly due the fact there is womens football aswell. Men should referee the mens leagues and women should referee the womens leagues. Thats my own opinion on it and its nothing to do with me being sexist, I've had female ref's do a good job when I've played also it's not down to decisions because anyone can have a bad day including footballers.

But what about the poor guys who find it hard to talk to women? How are they supposed to complain when they get booked if they end up ******* themselves with nerves?

First of all, who's calling football a man's sport? Example - Cesc Fibreglass diving like someone had taken a sledgehammer to him when there was hardly any contact against Ipswich.

. Men should referee the mens leagues and women should referee the womens leagues.

Why?

My solution is that the top professional refs Ref the top professinal leagues, and you slide down accordingly.

Honestly could not give a **** who's running the line, aslong as they make the right calls.

Why?

My solution is that the top professional refs Ref the top professinal leagues, and you slide down accordingly.

I just do its my opinion :) Personally I think males can handle male clashes better than females.

First of all, who's calling football a man's sport? Example - Cesc Fibreglass diving like someone had taken a sledgehammer to him when there was hardly any contact against Ipswich.

Are you serious? You sound like one of those poxy americans who only believes in NFL.

At the end of the day, i personally don't think women should be in the mens league. Regardless of the quality of the job, it will just lead to more problems. Example: We had a female linesman at the Burnley game the other week. Result? One wrong decision, and ridiculed by fans for the whole game, putting a lot of pressure on her.

Also, players often hardly respect male referees, how will they respond to females?

There are female leagues, why can't they officiate there? Next you'll be wanting men and women to play on the same team......

Are you serious? You sound like one of those poxy americans who only believes in NFL.

At the end of the day, i personally don't think women should be in the mens league. Regardless of the quality of the job, it will just lead to more problems. Example: We had a female linesman at the Burnley game the other week. Result? One wrong decision, and ridiculed by fans for the whole game, putting a lot of pressure on her.

Also, players often hardly respect male referees, how will they respond to females?

There are female leagues, why can't they officiate there? Next you'll be wanting men and women to play on the same team......

So you're saying because people are misogynistic women shouldn't be allowed to referee? And no, I think football fans have an inflated sense of manliness when it comes to their sport. I don't think NFL is manly either - full kevlar etc doesn't hack it. Rugby, Gaelic football, Aussie Rules, shinty... that's manly. I would more than respect any woman who had the cojones to play any of them.

Last edited:
As said, it hardly matters if the ref is women or not, as long as they are up to scratch and do a proffessional job I am fine with it