Place for female officials?

So you're saying because people are misogynistic women shouldn't be allowed to referee?

Please point out where i say women shouldn't be allowed to referee, because i clearly don't. I simply said allowing them to referee in men's football will result in more problems than solutions. Like i said, would you allow women to play in the team as well?

And no, I think football fans have an inflated sense of manliness when it comes to their sport. I don't think NFL is manly either - full kevlar etc doesn't hack it. Rugby, Gaelic football, Aussie Rules, shinty... that's manly. I would more than respect any woman who had the cojones to play any of them.

I didn't say you thought that either, i said you sound like. And i agree that rugby etc are more 'manly', but there's no need for the 'this is a girls sport' attitude, because it clearly isn't, and if you really think that, i believe you're on the wrong forum ;)

Please point out where i say women shouldn't be allowed to referee, because i clearly don't. I simply said allowing them to referee in men's football will result in more problems than solutions. Like i said, would you allow women to play in the team as well?

I didn't say you thought that either, i said you sound like. And i agree that rugby etc are more 'manly', but there's no need for the 'this is a girls sport' attitude, because it clearly isn't, and if you really think that, i believe you're on the wrong forum ;)

lol why are u confusing playing women in a mens team to women being officials in a soccer game, there is hardly any relation in this context

I see it as fine...Graham Poll made that funny triple yellow card mistake and although he was laughed at and banned for the rest of the world cup he still refs. Female refs are fine in my mind.

If women were physically able to play at the same level I wouldn't see why they shouldn't play alongside men, but as we're physically stronger and have better motor skills (well, most of us) it would be very unfair on them. But there is no real reason to believe women would be worse referees/linesmen. If you think players (and/or fans) have a problem with it due to respect, that is not the woman's problem - she can send players off and FA can deal with abusive fans, much like what is being done with racism.

if you are good at your job, it does not matter what religion, gender or race you are! its simple..

I just do its my opinion :) Personally I think males can handle male clashes better than females.

I think most would disagree.

Being in the middle requires a set of skills that aren't relevant to gender. The right person can handle clashes regardless.

i think its ok we have female plays like Ronaldo, Drogba diving around like girls so females officials are ok by me

Despite the fact that everything is too PC anyway, if women can ref, they can be linesmen. (I refuse to say 'person')

I agree that they can official matches just fine. certainly cant be worse than howard webb.

woman should work with woman men with men!
we cant cope with them plus were tottaly dofferent nomatter how a girl thinks shes manly shes far from it.

Well I don't mind if they can do it properly.....also if they are lookers that would be nice :p (IT IS A JOKE)

But it depends if they are up to the task physically especially if we make them refs. And if you do make them refs they have to impose themselves well as it will defo be harder as they are women.

I would say that women should stick to womens football or the kitchen

They have just as much right as men do, nothing is going to stop the banter that goes on between men, but that's just a laugh.

The decision she made was the correct decision, just typical Andy Gray being a ***.

it was blatantly banter on Andy Gray's Behalf and the people that complained are idiots!

woman should work with woman men with men!
we cant cope with them plus were tottaly dofferent nomatter how a girl thinks shes manly shes far from it.
Being "manly" is hardly a required skill for a linesman.
it was blatantly banter on Andy Gray's Behalf and the people that complained are idiots!
Have you actually listened to the recording? It's not banter.

Technically no he isn't because this forum is for football manager not football in general, Football is just obviously a topic that comes up the this forum is for football manager fans not football.

I would say that women should stick to womens football or the kitchen

It's great that you've managed to build a time machine. How is it back in the 1920's? While you're at it, can you get us next week's lottery numbers? Thanks.

Last edited:
It's great that you've managed to build a time team. How is it back in the 1920's? While you're at it, can you get us next week's lottery numbers? Thanks.

Do you understand the concept of a joke? and no i can't get you next week lottery's number how would i manage to get you something from the future if you are implying i live in the past?

I say why not. They dont get paid as much so save a little cash as well (only joking of course).
In all honesty though I think women officials should thank Andy Gray as if not for him there would not be all this media attention and such a push to have more female officials. Still though what an idiot Andy

Its the 21st century. The game needs to move on . Had a few female linos down cardiff games and theyve made excellent decisions