Resource icon

Play the right way - glorious 3-6-1 (patch 20.2) v1

Only about 6 games into season so far with my Benfica save, but the 3-6-1 is amazing at home. In late pre-season, beat Liverpool, Juventus and Real at home easily against strong lineups, getting big scores. Not scoring as much away from home, but will update, at end of season.

i don't understand very well something. I should put one central defender in the left back position or in the difensive midfielder position? i play napoli. Di lorenzo right back, manolas central defender and koulibaly in the left back position? or ghoulam left back and koulibaly difensive midfielder? (although very bad in that position)

@Zub79 Thank you for the feedback. I hope the tactic continues to work well for you.

@gennamitico Put a left back in the left back position. If you want you can retrain a central defender for the defensive midfielder position.

Coming up to end of Jan in 1st season, all results playing Custom 3-6-1. Players purchased James Rodríguez, Dani Olmo, Unai Simón, Thiago Maia and Odsonne Edouard.

Attachments

• RESULTS 2.png
    RESULTS 2.png
    332 KB · Views: 312
  • RESULTS 1.png
    RESULTS 1.png
    335.9 KB · Views: 356
  • LEAGUE TABLE.png
    LEAGUE TABLE.png
    437.4 KB · Views: 312
So can't give you an end of season screenshot, started getting horrendous injury crisis about a week after mid season transfer window closed. Which left me with no wide midfielders. so in the end had to change tactics. But prior to that this, formation was doing great.

Injuries can be an issue due to the intense playing style. Sorry to hear you have been bitten by injury bug. Squad depth is another important factor with this tactic.