I saw this on the website and, alongside your other articles, you have really put some work into training and getting the best of your players.

Incredible, and I never thought of these kinds of things before.

So if I have play with lone striker and I want him become a 9s (like Trezeguet or Van Gol-just play around the box) should he has position point high (around 14-15) or low(7-8)?

So if I have play with lone striker and I want him become a 9s (like Trezeguet or Van Gol-just play around the box) should he has position point high (around 14-15) or low(7-8)?

It's always best to have everything high.

Last edited:
http://www.mediafire.com/?hq86pfdarvhr9fh
This is my tactic.I play Fm10.Someone help me.I want my midfielder (include Trequartista) to feed the ball to the forward and my striker often wait in the box to get the ball and shoot(I want him become top goalscorer.).But when I use this tac and my striker often moves to the touchline and feed ball to the other.When attack or counter attack, he moves up near the box and slow down, other player moves into the box and shoot.Why???? :'(Someone help me.Thank U so much.
My striker is random and he is monster(finish 17, composure 16, position 11, off the ball 17, heading 16, jump 18, pace 14, acc 17 and agility 15) so I le his role is complete forward

Last edited:
Great job here. I really enjoyed what you had to say. Keep going because you definitely bring a new voice to this subject. Not many people would say what youve said and still make it interesting. Well, at least Im interested. Cant wait to see more of this from you.

Great stuff!

Are you planning on adding player instructions as well?
For example, you have Run From Deep, Run With Ball and Through Balls(should be same as passing?), how would you apply the player attributes required for these instructions? Rarely, Sometimes, Often.
I find myself struggling to decide if a player should Run With Ball - Sometimes or Often and stuff like that, I assume it would fall under dribbling?

Great stuff!

Are you planning on adding player instructions as well?
For example, you have Run From Deep, Run With Ball and Through Balls(should be same as passing?), how would you apply the player attributes required for these instructions? Rarely, Sometimes, Often.
I find myself struggling to decide if a player should Run With Ball - Sometimes or Often and stuff like that, I assume it would fall under dribbling?

well run with ball often is a mix of speed, technique dribbling, decisions, anticipation and also team work (if he's too selfish he will dribble too much and lose balls often)
trought balls is a mix of anticipation creativity decisions team work technique passing

Balance

First of all, this is a great post and one that I have found very useful so thanks for the hard work. I have a question about balance.

I do not know the mechanics of the game but it seems to me that your description of balance is perhaps a little understated. I think its one of the most important attributes within the game. We've all heard commentry IRL about players scuffing shots, or mis-placing passes becuase they are off balance, however your discription seems limited to shoulder to shoulder confrontations.

I was always under the impression that balance provided a small modifier to most actions performed by the player. for example, the ME asks the player a Yes/No question regarding balance, when he performs an action. If the player is not balanced then it creates a negative effect on the action and he wont perform that action to the best of his capabilities. This would effect many in-game actions (mainlly technical execution), including passing, tackling, shooting, running, dribbling, set peices, heading. skiddy wet surfaces would also have an effect. IMO it makes balance almost as important as decisions and anticipation, due to the number of activities it can effect. It also brings up the question, is balance measured by yes (off balance) or no (perfectly balanced), or is there a scale involved to indicate how off balance they are, the worse the balance the bigger the penalty?

Also regarding the shoulder to shoulder action. I think your putting too much weight into the attribute. When a shoulder to shoulder competition is in effect, the stronger player will win regardless of balance. The result of the victory will cause the loser to become unbalanced (and more), however if his balance rating is high he can recover it quickly (in case of a yes, no balance scale) or will only be given a minor balance penalty(in case of a larger scale), before performing his next action.

Like I said though I dont know much about the match engine, and I am speculating about this via my own in-game experiences. Does anyone have any comments on this?

I do not know the mechanics of the game but it seems to me that your description of balance is perhaps a little understated. I think its one of the most important attributes within the game. We've all heard commentry IRL about players scuffing shots, or mis-placing passes becuase they are off balance, however your discription seems limited to shoulder to shoulder confrontations.

I belive what your on about is composure. :D Don't take my word for it tho. Balance is still important when facing a strong team, I agree shoulder to shoulder a stronger player would win but i think balance helps the weaker player to stay on their feet and go just that bit further or break off from the challenge and skill them on. My thoughts are posted

Have a question about aggression, when you you have a player that is high in aggression attribute, should you give this player hard tackling in PI's?

Have a question about aggression, when you you have a player that is high in aggression attribute, should you give this player hard tackling in PI's?

You should give player hard tacklilng when he has high decisions, anticipation and tackling. There was probaply some other mental skill that should be good also.

You should give player hard tacklilng when he has high decisions, anticipation and tackling. There was probaply some other mental skill that should be good also.

So with those attributes combined with aggression, I should let them tackle hard.
I have been testing hard tackling with players with high aggression, mixed results some reds, players like pepe and carvalho I have both them on hard and they rarely pick up cards. Obviously cause they are high in the above attributes.

Wow, useful, I will try to make a team with good background attributes

are the back groung attributes concenatraion determanation team work and work rate ?

What an awesome post! Gonna keep this in mind when searching for new players from now on.

question. you say that creativity is the mental repertoire of the player. i fully understood the concept. but then what happens when you give full creative freedom to a player that has 4 at creativity? it should have no negative effects as he is taking everything in consideration and the decisions attribute decides which one he chooses. for the opposite example: what does it mean when we give no creative freedom to a player with 20 creativity? does he not see the choices anymore?