Chriller95

Reaction score
View attachment 255351
Whaaa boohoo.

I mean what does he want me to do? Sell him before they make a bid? Accept any offer that is made for him? Come on. Honestly how can this still be so freakin bugged?

View attachment 881719
Whaaa boohoo.

I mean what does he want me to do? Sell him before they make a bid? Accept any offer that is made for him? Come on. Honestly how can this still be so freakin bugged?

He doesn't want to wait because if I bid comes in, it may drag on forever getting the valuation sorted. He's trying to force you to accept whatever they offer. Where's the bug?

Cautious

I normally approach them cautiously and tell them what they want to hear and offer them out on loan... sometimes that helps?

In my opinion it is bugged. I don't believe the developers intended for player interaction to generally be this full of misunderstanding. In real life a conversation would never go down as this. This is just one example. Everybody knows that player interaction sucks.

This other day I was one game away form the title with Arsenal. Set the expectations to 'Champions League qualification'. Had a team meeting where I said something like "We're one game away from the title. Let's go out and win it", and the entire team got mad at me, saying that they were never expected to win it.. I mean come on.

In my opinion it is bugged. I don't believe the developers intended for player interaction to generally be this full of misunderstanding. In real life a conversation would never go down as this. This is just one example. Everybody knows that player interaction sucks.

This other day I was one game away form the title with Arsenal. Set the expectations to 'Champions League qualification'. Had a team meeting where I said something like "We're one game away from the title. Let's go out and win it", and the entire team got mad at me, saying that they were never expected to win it.. I mean come on.

There is no misunderstanding. English isn't even my first language, but it's quite clear what he's saying. He doesn't want things to drag on when a bid does materialise.

The second part of your post is irrelevant to the thread and this 'issue'.

players

Gonna have to agree with WJ on this one... but i never hold team meetings as i dont like to interrupt the morale if it is good..

I tend to agree with the OP. The interaction is unreal sometimes. It would have made a difference if you could tell the player something like this:
"Hey, listen, your current value is 45mil. Any team that wants your services needs to pay that amount in full. If they want to pay in instalments then the price goes up to 60mil. Short and simple.I know you want to go but there is no chance the club will accept an offer that is less than your current value. Now we will wait for them to make an official offer and we will discuss afterwards."

Or after they first make an undervalue offer say to the player something like this : "I'm sorry but they are trying to buy a Sports car by paying a sack of potatoes. Everyone knows that a Sports car costs 35 sacks of potatoes."

There is no misunderstanding. English isn't even my first language, but it's quite clear what he's saying. He doesn't want things to drag on when a bid does materialise.

The second part of your post is irrelevant to the thread and this 'issue'.
We clearly disagree. And the second part is hardly irrelevant, as it addresses this exact issue. Communication from the manager to the player goes straight past each other, and the communication in this game is generally bugged - and it is annoying the **** out of me, as I otherwise really enjoy this game.

We clearly disagree. And the second part is hardly irrelevant, as it addresses this exact issue. Communication from the manager to the player goes straight past each other, and the communication in this game is generally bugged - and it is annoying the **** out of me, as I otherwise really enjoy this game.

The OP was about a specific issue and one that isn't bugged. The player just didn't go along with what you said, so you spat your dummy out.

You then quickly changed when I disagreed with you. If we're talking about player interaction in general, there are some cases that are bugged, but it's still not as bad as you claim. So there I agree somewhat, but this wasn't what was asked in the OP.

The OP was about a specific issue and one that isn't bugged. The player just didn't go along with what you said, so you spat your dummy out.

You then quickly changed when I disagreed with you. If we're talking about player interaction in general, there are some cases that are bugged, but it's still not as bad as you claim. So there I agree somewhat, but this wasn't what was asked in the OP.
Yeah it was. And I never changed a stand regarding anything? I didn't try to change the subject either. I merely tried to add to the conversation. I said that interaction is bugged right from the beginning. And that's what I'm still saying..

Okay, then I'll ask again, what's bugged in the scenario in the OP?

In my opinion it's bugged because a player with continental reputation that is wanted by a Big 4 Club expects to be sold at the first bid that may or may not be close to his market value or the value that the club thinks he's worth. And usually in game...it happened to me so many times the club comes with a ridiculous offer that has installments and that doesn't even cover the players market value. And then the player get more upset because I refused an offer from a big club.
That's the bug and i think a lot of FM players encountered the same situation.

Nothing is stopping him from agreeing to sell as the other club bids, but still setting an asking price.

Doesn't matter if you set an asking price. The player is going to be unhappy even if you decided to negociate the under value offer.

Doesn't matter if you set an asking price. The player is going to be unhappy even if you decided to negociate the under value offer.
Of course it matters! It's exactly the point of setting an asking price? It's going to deter the majority (all?) of the bids that would have come in well under what you want for him. That's unless you put a stupid valuation on the player.

OP interaction isn't any bug, just the player is trying to get the move as he is desperate to see it happen, WJ had this cleared up anyway. But I will agree that there is many cases where player interaction needs to be touched up - for example, I was the league leader by 8 points in League 1 with the season close to ending, March time. George Ray wanted a move to the Championship and I couldn't say we'd win promotion that year meaning he wanted a move away and was sulking for the latter stage of the season.

It did fix itself though, promotion was one and he no longer had concerns.

Of course it matters! It's exactly the point of setting an asking price? It's going to deter the majority (all?) of the bids that would have come in well under what you want for him. That's unless you put a stupid valuation on the player.
Yeah...you don't seem to want to understand what i'm saying. Doesn't matter....enjoy your 100% bug free game.

Yeah...you don't seem to want to understand what i'm saying. Doesn't matter....enjoy your 100% bug free game.
Yeah, stupid response. Earlier in this thread I agreed with the OP that there are buggy situations.

I think with the first example the interaction works, he is just putting pressure on you and trying to make it difficult for you. He won't care what your evaluation is of him he just wants to leave!

I pretty much started with a hard *** approach and basically don't bow down to any pressure from players so they just accept it now! It's like they know I won't sell them if I don't want to so they don't complain too much!

Second one I can relate too! I won the league 5 times in a row, 7 games to go and we could clinch the 6th title in a row and when I said I expect them to win they all got upset and cried like little girls because I put too much pressure on them!

In the second one, the team meeting, I don't think the wording is ideal. You're ramping up the pressure before the game and the players obviously didn't like it.