players described as 'the next *** ***'

yidoyido10

Reaction score
how relevant and reliable are these descriptions?

im currently scouting a 17yr old thats the next david beckham. Should I pay attention to that? or just his attributes?

also as a side question, is there anything i can do about press leaks? Whenever i bid for a player, quite often i will get a msg saying there is a leak and other teams are likely to now bid. But they never know the sauce of the leak. Can i do anything? or is it just part and parcel?

thanks

xxxxxx ? wth

Aaaah he means when a player is described as the next ***, it is this:

EG Milan Misun(Celtic, D/WBR, Czech) touted as the next Marek Jankulovski.

To be honest, it usually gives you an idea of how good the player will be. In the above case, Misun will be a good premier signing, no more.

sorry, not sure how to do a screen shot. he looks decent for 17, had pretty good physical and mental attributes as well as passing.

Incidently he's at man utd, but he also has a crossing attribute of 1! Which is pretty poor when hes hyped as the next beckham!

he's one of the players suggested by my assistant, and isapparently intersted. If i was a big club id take a punt, but im only bognor so wonder if my coaches would get the best out of him. (ive got the money and am now full time in the BSP, 3rd season).

sorry, not sure how to do a screen shot. he looks decent for 17, had pretty good physical and mental attributes as well as passing.

Incidently he's at man utd, but he also has a crossing attribute of 1! Which is pretty poor when hes hyped as the next beckham!

he's one of the players suggested by my assistant, and isapparently intersted. If i was a big club id take a punt, but im only bognor so wonder if my coaches would get the best out of him. (ive got the money and am now full time in the BSP, 3rd season).

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f68/take-a-screenshot-of-fm-2009-t10216.html

If he's attributes is likes Beckham, so he can be like that. Look at his attributes and you can know is he will be a awesome player. ;)

it worked! verdicts welcome!

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 PM ----------

Ok well its fair to say he wont be the next Beckham!

that bad huh? not worth shelling out on?

I remember in FM06 Darren Bent was described as the next Geoff Hurst,i cant see Bent getting a hatrick in a world cup final some how.

fair point. Bare in mind im in the BSP and playing as bognor. They want 250k, which i can afford, but is it worth it? prob not id say based on your reactions

Ok. He is not likely to be next David Beckham because his crossing, freekick, and corners is not average 12 above. Your scout is said "sign whatever price", means he is valuable youngster. Just pay attention by looking on his development. What team do you managed?

Ok. He is not likely to be next David Beckham because his crossing, freekick, and corners is not average 12 above. Your scout is said "sign whatever price", means he is valuable youngster. Just pay attention by looking on his development. What team do you managed?

cheers for reply mate, im bognor

fair point. Bare in mind im in the BSP and playing as bognor. They want 250k, which i can afford, but is it worth it? prob not id say based on your reactions

Because you are in charged Bognor, that's why your scout said like that. When you managed a lower team and you scouting the EPL team for an example, your scout could telling that their player are better than your player. Do not to follow or trust your scout. Just give him a role to scouting but the judgment is yours. Btw, it depends on you to buy this player. Just I said earlier, this player is not similarity to Beckham by looking at his attributes. :D

are you playing an american version of fm because "center" is the american spelling of centre.

There are a few levels of this with future stars. When someone is described as 'could be', there is a smaller chance he will actually be a wonderkid or a certain star in the game-it would probably take alot of correct training etc to make him good. When someone is 'touted as' or 'described as' (I think that's another one) I think they are more likely to become successful. That's what I've found in my experience, hope it helps.

It would only really be worth signing them if your a team whose training facilities are around 15/20 or higher, and you have good coaches.

Otherwise they won't improve very much and will under-shoot their full potential by a long way.

I wouldn't bother signing players like that for worse off teams unless its a regen who's current ability looks close to his potential ability e.g.

Player A may be touted the next Cambiasso, but is 16 and his stats are around 10's for most things

Player B the same but has tackling 16 or so so u know theyre good