Players for Liverpool 1st Season 9.3

• Thread starter Thread starter nicholls
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 59
  • Views Views 5K

nicholls

Reaction score
Started a game as Liverpool last night.

I'm going to play Rafa tactic 4 - 2 - 3 - 1, with the flat back four, two holding midfielders, two wingers, AMC in between and lone striker.

Using the RAFA mentality from TT&F.

Question is with only 10 million transfer budget who to sign?

I'd like back up for Alonso and Javier, would like a back up winger able to play down both wings, but would also like back up for Gerrard and Torres.

I don't want to sell players to fund purchases as the squad depth is a concern as it is.

Think I have finally decided to go for Goran Pandev (think thats his name) the AM/FC currently with Lazio. I've had a bid accepted but not actual signed him yet. Looking to use as back up for Torres and Gerrard as can play either postion.

Has anyone signed him in their games?

Any other players to recommend?

Last edited:
Mata from Valencia is a good young winger. He'll be a good signing. I got him for 9 Million.

Mata from Valencia is a good young winger. He'll be a good signing. I got him for 9 Million.

Glad you mentioned Mata - got a scouting report on him last night and seems a really good prospect. I was unsure whether to tray and sign him instead, but I was worried by his lack of strength.

Hmmm 9 million though - have to say I'm tempted to go for him instead.

Glad you mentioned Mata - got a scouting report on him last night and seems a really good prospect. I was unsure whether to tray and sign him instead, but I was worried by his lack of strength.

Hmmm 9 million though - have to say I'm tempted to go for him instead.

well a class winger doesnt really need strength tbh. as long as he has great ratings for dribbling and first touch hes basicially untouchable.

look at messi? david silva? robben? arteta? and many others.

Started a game as Liverpool last night.

I'm going to play Rafa tactic 4 - 2 - 3 - 1, with the flat back four, two holding midfielders, two wingers, AMC in between and lone striker.

Using the RAFA mentality from TT&F.

Question is with only 10 million transfer budget who to sign?

I'd like back up for Alonso and Javier, would like a back up winger able to play down both wings, but would also like back up for Gerrard and Torres.

I don't want to sell players to fund purchases as the squad depth is a concern as it is.

Think I have finally decided to go for Goran Pandev (think thats his name) the AM/FC currently with Lazio. I've had a bid accepted but not actual signed him yet. Looking to use as back up for Torres and Gerrard as can play either postion.

Has anyone signed him in their games?

Any other players to recommend?

I would sell players, liverpool have a lot of average players who sell for high ish value who you can buy a cheaper more skilled replacement.

john fleck. retrain him for right wing, he can play upfront, attacking mid or on the left, and is only 17 so is gona become class.

get balotelli. safe investment. can play amr, aml, st, lm, rm. £7-10mio

well a class winger doesnt really need strength tbh. as long as he has great ratings for dribbling and first touch hes basicially untouchable.

look at messi? david silva? robben? arteta? and many others.

I'm looking for player how can cover either wing, AMC, and lone striker. As I want the lone stirker to hold up the ball need some strength.

Looking for players last night came to conclusion wasn't going to get everything I wanted all in one player.

What about Sebastian Giovinco or Willians Santana - they any good?

---------- Post added at 11:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

john fleck. retrain him for right wing, he can play upfront, attacking mid or on the left, and is only 17 so is gona become class.

Did think about him this morning on way into work, will have closer look at him tonight. How much can you normally get him for? I have tried once before but they wanted loads for him.

santana was good when i first signed him for arsenal on patch 9.1 lol ages ago never signed him again after 9.2 and 9.3 came out.

you could try.

I'm looking for player how can cover either wing, AMC, and lone striker. As I want the lone stirker to hold up the ball need some strength.

Looking for players last night came to conclusion wasn't going to get everything I wanted all in one player.

What about Sebastian Giovinco or Willians Santana - they any good?

---------- Post added at 11:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

Did think about him this morning on way into work, will have closer look at him tonight. How much can you normally get him for? I have tried once before but they wanted loads for him.
i signed santana for rangers on 9.3 patch. one of first players i bought in first season. cost me 5million. after six seasons he the first player on my team sheet. he becomes absolute quality. he plays best as a striker rather in midfield but the beauty is he plays anywhere in midfield. i played him upfront for a whole season 30league goals, 46 goals in total.

Buy him!!

Defense - Chygrinski is a fantastic player,young and cheap and grows to be an immense defender, same with zapata and both can be pickd up for good prices, Joe Mattock is an immense defender, i got him for Aston Villa and he was a 1st team starter from the off and can be pickd up for 2m.

Midfield - Dzagoev from CSKA is a fantastic player, great prospect, also Sanchez would be a great cheap signing at bout 5m,Mata is class and can be bought for bout 9-10m depending on negotiation skills, Toni Kroos at start of 2nd season can be brought on a great deal on loan with a view to permanant deal, Also check out Andrea Poli from Sampdoria and Garibaldi from Genoa. Oh and get Michael Kightly, train him right and play him some games and after 2seasons he will be prob the best right winger u have.

Attacking - Vela can be pickd up for 8-9m, Vaclav Kadlec for free, Cristian Benitez for 1.5m, Cardozo for 7m and he is pure class, free kicks are next level, also try out Felipe Monteiro from Udinese, Adrian would be a good cheap signing bout 5m.

Defense - Chygrinski is a fantastic player,young and cheap and grows to be an immense defender, same with zapata and both can be pickd up for good prices, Joe Mattock is an immense defender, i got him for Aston Villa and he was a 1st team starter from the off and can be pickd up for 2m.

Midfield - Dzagoev from CSKA is a fantastic player, great prospect, also Sanchez would be a great cheap signing at bout 5m,Mata is class and can be bought for bout 9-10m depending on negotiation skills, Toni Kroos at start of 2nd season can be brought on a great deal on loan with a view to permanant deal, Also check out Andrea Poli from Sampdoria and Garibaldi from Genoa. Oh and get Michael Kightly, train him right and play him some games and after 2seasons he will be prob the best right winger u have.

Attacking - Vela can be pickd up for 8-9m, Vaclav Kadlec for free, Cristian Benitez for 1.5m, Cardozo for 7m and he is pure class, free kicks are next level, also try out Felipe Monteiro from Udinese, Adrian would be a good cheap signing bout 5m.
agree joe mattock, i regret selling him to lyon for 19million. he just cant be replaced!!

I am currently in March of the first season, I have won the League Cup, quarter finals of the FA Cup and four points off the Arsenal at the top with two games in hand.

I sold: Lucas £10 million, Alonso £15 million, Babel £13 million, Agger £13.5 million, Injande £3 million, Degen Loan

I bought: Zhirkov £15.5 million, Delph £3.4 million, Veloso £10 million, Cardozo £5.8 million, Witsel £5.4, Sakho £8.5 million, Santon £1 million & Balotelli £8.5 million in January.

I am playing 4-4-2, Torres is on fire 26 goals (21 in the league) out of 36 games, Gerrard 24 assists (19 in the league), Cardozo has scored 20 goals in all competitons, Zhirkov is unbelievable I turned down a £31 million bid from Barcelona. Train Witsel to play right wing the fans love him!

Loads of players for me to look at there. Cheers all.

---------- Post added at 01:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 PM ----------

I sold: Lucas £10 million, Alonso £15 million, Babel £13 million, Agger £13.5 million, Injande £3 million, Degen Loan

I bought: Zhirkov £15.5 million, Delph £3.4 million, Veloso £10 million, Cardozo £5.8 million, Witsel £5.4, Sakho £8.5 million, Santon £1 million & Balotelli £8.5 million in January.

What positions do your signings play? I'm playing 2 holding midfielders Masch and Alonso, with Alonso as a deep lying playmaker. Believe Alonso is to good to sell, but if one of the above is better in the role I want him to play will consider.

To be honest I could do with a back up for Alonso anyway as Lucas doesn't really suit the deep laying playmaker role. Anyone now of players in similar mould to Alonso.

get srna for 10/11mil
assist machine and bags a lot of goals
you can also sell benayoun for quite a bit and a lot of ur reserve players for some money e.g. plessis, degen etc u wont need none of them
plus go to the board and ask 4 more money and also adjust budget, u can get up to 35mil

You can sell Pennant, Itjande, Kuyt & Keane (Leto when he comes back) as they don't really do much for you. Buonanotte is a legend at AMC if you play him right and have him take your corners & free kicks, he can be got fo around 8m. Santon will be ace at right back. Try Stevie G at AMR, see what you think. Pops up at the back post for me just when I need him! Veloso and Palombo are definetely work a go, but you'll need to sell before you buy them as they can be a bit pricey. Lucas is worth keeping as a backup. If you want cover for all the AM and striker positions, Henri Saivet is a great prospect. train him right and give him game time off the bench the first season and he'll become ace (can retrain to AMC easily to so he can cover all positions). Like has been mentioned John Fleck is a good option too. For a centre back look no further than Sakho from PSG

get srna for 10/11mil
assist machine and bags a lot of goals
you can also sell benayoun for quite a bit and a lot of ur reserve players for some money e.g. plessis, degen etc u wont need none of them
plus go to the board and ask 4 more money and also adjust budget, u can get up to 35mil

How much should I expect to get for Benayoun?

How do you adjust budget?

Back