Players for Liverpool 1st Season 9.3

• Thread starter Thread starter nicholls
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 59
  • Views Views 5K
I've heard people get 15m for him (how I don't know). And I can't say I've ever been given any more money by the Liverpool board (true to life really!)

I've heard people get 15m for him (how I don't know). And I can't say I've ever been given any more money by the Liverpool board (true to life really!)

Think might keep him till the January transfer window, see how he does. 15m though - would be able to get someone better with the money, hmmmm... ....

My first eleven is;

Reina - GK
Arbeloa - RB
Dossena - LB
Carragher - CB
Skyrtl/Sakho - CB
Gerrard - CM
Mascherano - CM
Witsel/Kuyt - RW
Zhirkov - LW
Torres - CF
Cardozo - CF

---------- Post added at 02:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 PM ----------

Nicholls, I have found that Veloso is a better DMC than Alonso but also plays as a CM equallly as well!

Alonso is a bit light-weight when playing away from home.

To be honest you could probably get someone better with 5m, hes never performed for me. 5m would get you a chunk out of Saivet AND Fleck (get Fleck very early, price goes up to about 3m) if not pay for them both. You've got the core of a great team there, just need another winger, attacking mid, and backup full backs and a centre mid

I sold Benayoun for 9 or 10m to Man City at the beginning on season 1. I never got given money when I asked for it, but the board got taken over and the new chairman has given me money twice cos hes pleased with our performance lol. Up to like 28m transfer budget.

Last edited:
To be honest you could probably get someone better with 5m, hes never performed for me. 5m would get you a chunk out of Saivet AND Fleck (get Fleck very early, price goes up to about 3m) if not pay for them both. You've got the core of a great team there, just need another winger, attacking mid, and backup full backs and a centre mid

Will compare him with Fleck when get home tonight.

What do you think of Jay Spearing (Think this is the young fella) can play midfield or defence I think, at least defo right back. He came on against Real Madrid the other week.

In my pre season games so far he is looking like a player with a future. Anyone know who he turns out if given the right training and the odd game?

Will compare him with Fleck when get home tonight.

What do you think of Jay Spearing (Think this is the young fella) can play midfield or defence I think, at least defo right back. He came on against Real Madrid the other week.

In my pre season games so far he is looking like a player with a future. Anyone know who he turns out if given the right training and the odd game?
On my game hes been pretty poor, coaches don't rate him. To be fair I haven't really played him, been playing Lucas instead (whos been amazing for some reason lol). Might try giving him a game as all my Liverpool mates seem to think hes something special lol.

My first eleven is;

Reina - GK
Arbeloa - RB
Dossena - LB
Carragher - CB
Skyrtl/Sakho - CB
Gerrard - CM
Mascherano - CM
Witsel/Kuyt - RW
Zhirkov - LW
Torres - CF
Cardozo - CF

---------- Post added at 02:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 PM ----------

Nicholls, I have found that Veloso is a better DMC than Alonso but also plays as a CM equallly as well!

Alonso is a bit light-weight when playing away from home.

Well Masch is more the aggressive DM, I'm using Alonso more to stay deep help out Masch and pick out the forward runs of Gerrard, Torres, and wingers.

Would like to sign Veloso but don't think I have the budget for him.

---------- Post added at 03:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 PM ----------

On my game hes been pretty poor, coaches don't rate him. To be fair I haven't really played him, been playing Lucas instead (whos been amazing for some reason lol). Might try giving him a game as all my Liverpool mates seem to think hes something special lol.

Well i've been giving hm a run out as right full back in couple of pre season games and has done well, even scored two goals. Wouldn't play him in the centre of midfield just yet as like you say Lucas is better. Think I'll give hime the odd game at right back against easier teams at home, give Arbeloa a rest. He certainly looks better than Degen anyway, think he's getting sold.

Well Masch is more the aggressive DM, I'm using Alonso more to stay deep help out Masch and pick out the forward runs of Gerrard, Torres, and wingers.

Would like to sign Veloso but don't think I have the budget for him.
Yeh thats what I do normally. Alonso vs weaker teams, Mascherano vs bigger teams.

GK: Reina/Asenjo

LB: Aurellio/Dossena/Mattock
CB: Carragher
CB: Agger/Skrtl/Papadopoulos/Hypia
RB: Arbeloa/(Carragher)/D. Santon/Opare

MC: Gerrard
MC: Alonso/Mascherano/Lucas

AML: Riera/Babel
AMR: Kuyt/Gerrard

ST: Torres
ST: Cardozo/Owen/Lewandowski/N'gog.

Yeh thats what I do normally. Alonso vs weaker teams, Mascherano vs bigger teams.

GK: Reina/Asenjo

LB: Aurellio/Dossena/Mattock
CB: Agger/Skrtl/Papadopoulos/Hypia
RB: Arbeloa/(Carragher)/D. Santon/Opare

MC: Gerrard
MC: Alonso/Mascherano/Lucas

AML: Riera/Babel
AMR: Kuyt/Gerrard

ST: Torres
ST: Cardozo/Owen/Lewandowski/N'gog.

No I'm playing him at the same time as Masch

GK: Reina

LB: Aurellio/Dossena
CB: Agger/Skrtl/Hypia
RB: Arbeloa/Spearing/Degen

MC:Mascherano/Lucas
MC:Alonso
(MC's have holding role - forward runs rarely but Masch/Lucas with DM player instructions while Alonso has Deep Playmaker instructions)

AML: Riera/Babel/Benayoun
AMC: Gerrad/Benayoun/Babel
AMR: Kuyt/Benayoun

ST: Torres/Ngog/Babel/Kuyt

Sell pennant for 15m, aurelio for 12m and benayoun for 10m ;)

football manager is a joke!
i have just played my first game of the season against newcastle with no outragous tactics 4 1 3 2
and i got beat 3-0?
what a JOKE!

well, your gonna lose some day? jeez.

newcastle are good on the game anyway they are my bogey team.

yeh ino tha but its not the point.
when i play i wana feel like actually happening. dnt expect to win everymatch.

gota understand tha like.

sell benayoun for about £10m thats what i done, never regreted it

---------- Post added at 06:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 PM ----------

Ronaldinho or Kaka
you were the person who said to me to sign david villa in my thread about liverpool transfer help

Signed Fleck and Veloso last night.

Veloso to be used in rotation with Alonso or Masch.

Fleck to train up and occasionally use in place of Gerrard or Torres as soon as he turns 17. will use him in easier cup matches to begin with see how he does.

How do people train the young hopefully soon to be world class players - do you leave them on the default youth training, put them on same training as your senior players, or have training schedule somewhere in between?

Back