Players for Liverpool 1st Season 9.3

• Thread starter Thread starter nicholls
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 59
  • Views Views 5K
ino it sounds silly but having bought vagner love i still needed a back up for torres love and babel so i thought id see how robbie fowler was doing.

i put an offer of 50,000 for him they accepted straight away, and offcourse fowler wanted to *** to liverpool!

i bring him on in the closing stages of each match an he has an avaerge rating of 7

he has scored a few goals to.

so any1 looking for a back up fowler is a good shout

Get either Marquinhos or balotelli,both are awesome they can play either strikers and wingers on either side.

I prefer Marquinhos above balotelli,but its up 2 you

martins

obafemi martins 10 mill bags of goals play him just behind torres with gerrard on wing :)i signed him for liverpool awsome

I'm liverpool fan, so I play Liverpool
I'd recomend young Sofiane Feghouli he can play all over midfield. LW-am-RW-LRCM -Great buy.
Look into Marek hamsik. In my game he is awesome Villa got him first season after Man City bought Barry and he was great. in second season city bought him for 37 mil!!!!!

Matías Fernández

He is a great player, and is great at assisting. He can play both AMC, and AMLC to start with. But can easily be reatrained to both AMR and SC. And he is quite cheap to..

U can get franco Zuculini for £525K.. great buy as he turns into a wonderkid!! Daivde Santon, Sergio Asenjo, fedor smolov for under 8million!! all turn into a wonderkid!!

Veloso has been my best buy so far, while Fleck does well when he gets a run out.

Formation seems to be working as well, currently 1st in prem, having just beaten Chelsea at the Bridge, to remain unbeaten. Only played 15 prem matches though so a long way to go yet.

Game of season so far has to be away to Arsenal. Got an early goal from a corner, but then was being outplayed all over the pitch, and they bagged 2 before half time. Switched from my standard tactic to attack at half time and told the players I wasn't to happy. Torres gets the equaliser not long after the restart, but then things get nervy for rest of game. Then joy of joys Torres pops up again in the 89th minute and scores the winner. So far maximum points from the other teams of the big four.

Alonso playing brilliantly as my playmaker, though the surprise of the season so far has to be Babel, who has put in some stunning performances in Gerrards AMC role while he's out injured, so much so that he is 2nd top goalscorer with only Torres ahead of him.

Been a board take over and they have given me extra 15 million for transfers. Thinking of either buying winger or back up striker for Torres.

Suggestions on how to spend my unexpected windfall will be welcomed.

I've just started a new game with liverpool and I was just wondering what players I should sign Here is my current squad and tactics.

View attachment 4221

As you can see i've already signed Matias Fernandez and was about to sign Veloso as back up for Alonso and Mascherano as dm but he's failed a medical and have signed kerresson as back up for Torres. Ive just sold Benayoun, and Aurelio and possibly babel to raise funds. I think that I may need another top class winger, rightback and a defensive midfielder.

Any suggestions for any players I should buy?

<!-- / attachments --> <!-- edit note -->

Last edited:
I've just started a new game with liverpool and I was just wondering what players I should sign Here is my current squad and tactics.

View attachment 4221

As you can see i've already signed Matias Fernandez and was about to sign Veloso as back up for Alonso and Mascherano as dm but he's failed a medical and have signed kerresson as back up for Torres. Ive just sold Benayoun, and Aurelio and possibly babel to raise funds. I think that I may need another top class winger, rightback and a defensive midfielder.

Any suggestions for any players I should buy?

<!-- / attachments --><!-- edit note -->

I'm playing a similar formation, though my two holding midfielders are in the centre of the pitch rather than just in front of the back 4.

Advice you not to sell Babel, he can act as back up to Gerrard in the AMC role, and at a push even for Torres.

Given the formation you are playing you really need back up for Alonso and Masch, as if both get injured you only really have Lucas. I signed Veloso and has settled into the team really quickly and playing well.

How much of your transfer budget do you have left? How long is Veloso out injured for as can always go in for him again when he is fit and will pass the medical.

Everytime I played a new game I will sell Babel, Pennant and Lucas. Babel cant even scored in front of goal and cant even crossed the ball.

My constant performer would be Diarra, Balotelli and Di Maria.

Everytime I played a new game I will sell Babel, Pennant and Lucas. Babel cant even scored in front of goal and cant even crossed the ball.

My constant performer would be Diarra, Balotelli and Di Maria.

Babel is my second highest scorer at the moment behind Torres with 7 goals from 14 matches. At least 5 of those appearances on as sub for last 20 minutes of the match. He doesn't have problems scoring in my game. He has recently been covering Gerrards AMC role and doing an admirable job of it to. From what I have seen on other threads he also develops into a very good player.

Can't sell Pennant in my game as he is starts on loan in 9.3. Or is there some way to sell him even when on loan?

tbh you may think i am a ****** for posting this put i think if your any prem side you should take a serious look at Barry Robson from celtic i signed him for 3.3m my opinion a bargin when you see were he can play. has to be one of the ultimate utility players.

bought Mata for my benfica and middlesbrough teams. coaches always recommend him as a striker but i tend to play him mainly as an AMC also great in MC ML/AMl positions real class player still young tho with a good eye for pass just drawn with newcastle(am boro) 3-3 all assists were his

I'm playing a similar formation, though my two holding midfielders are in the centre of the pitch rather than just in front of the back 4.

Advice you not to sell Babel, he can act as back up to Gerrard in the AMC role, and at a push even for Torres.

Given the formation you are playing you really need back up for Alonso and Masch, as if both get injured you only really have Lucas. I signed Veloso and has settled into the team really quickly and playing well.

How much of your transfer budget do you have left? How long is Veloso out injured for as can always go in for him again when he is fit and will pass the medical.

I've now signed veloso but Kerreson rejected the move, so am still in need of a new Right back and a back up striker. £13,893,000 is left after selling benyaoun, aurelio and itandje and adjusting the transfer/wage budget

As for the two holding midfielders does it make a difference to put them in the middle of the park?

Last edited:
I've now signed veloso but Kerreson rejected the move, so am still in need of a new Right back and a back up striker. £13,893,000 is left after selling benyaoun, aurelio and itandje and adjusting the transfer/wage budget

As for the two holding midfielders does it make a difference to put them in the middle of the park?

It will depend on your individual player instructions.

In my formation they are in the middle of park with the forward runs set to rarely as with you formation. Just means that although they are defensive minded they are they can still support the attacking players with the well placed through ball or direct pass from the deep laying playmaker.

If I'm ahead and the other team are throwing men forward I drop them back to the same postion as in your formation but set the forward runs to mixed.

With them as they are laying just in front of your defence and forward runs set to rarely you might be allowing the oppositions midfield to much time and space.

If its working for you though I wouldn't go changing it.

I'm after a stiker myself though not had chance to look for one as of yet.

I use Spearing as back up for Arbeloa at right back. He has performed well in the games he has had there.

My squad is now full of attacking options with the additions of m.fernandez and m.Balottelli who can play as back up to torres and Gerrard and can also play on both wings due to their versitality. I think attacking wise i'm sorted for the season.

Last edited:
Call me stupid if you want but i will sell gerrard because you can get 40-50 mill and you can replace him and you'll have a lot of budget left and maybe just maybe you could sign villa to partner up with torres

same situation here with ts, planning a bid for alexis sanchez as options for the R/L wing and maybe the rightback santone as arbeloa's backup. Are they worth it?

Also, is Kuyt any good? really tempted to try and sell him...

same situation here with ts, planning a bid for alexis sanchez as options for the R/L wing and maybe the rightback santone as arbeloa's backup. Are they worth it?

Also, is Kuyt any good? really tempted to try and sell him...

Kuyt is playing well for me, though planning on bringing in a more creative winger between seasons, or if I can't find a suitable back up for Torres in January window will take a look at wingers then and use Kuyt as Torres backup for rest of season.

Played a few more games last night (was watching the Liverpool v Chelsea match and needed a distraction from the horror of it all! Well done to Chelsea though, out played us on the night, though our shocking defending of corners didn't help).

Anyway played Roma away in CL and looked like it was going to be a tense 0 - 0, Gerrard was struggling to have impact, so brought on Benayoun to replace him for last 20 minutes, and he pops up from no where in the 89th minute and slots home the winner! Not the first time he has done this either so as an impact sub he's doing well. Hopefully it's increasing his value as well, lol.

Back