Players that play better than their attributes suggest

ravenie

Reaction score
Just wondering if you have had any experiences with players so far that play better than their real attributes.

My contribution is David Norris, he is not the best midfielder in the championship but has been on absolute fire. An average rating of 8.27 in 5 games so far. Great finisher and has a great array of passing. Oh and he works his *** off to.

If you can post screenshots! Will be appreciated by me and other members!

Last edited:
Sorry I'm at dinner atm. Laptop beside me, I will get one asap

Sorry I'm at dinner atm. Laptop beside me, I will get one asap
no worries, wanted to see because im betting he has good mental stats. defour is a perfect example of this decent physical and technical stats, but supreme mental stats. he played out of this world for me in the FM11 demo.

no worries, wanted to see because im betting he has good mental stats. defour is a perfect example of this decent physical and technical stats, but supreme mental stats. he played out of this world for me in the FM11 demo.

His mental stats are awesome. Has a work rate of 20 I think

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

I have the screenshot. How do I use it?

upload it to imageshack.com. double click to get the large image, copy the direct link, click the mountain icon here and paste in

or u press clip pic when posting and upload it and then will come up on post

for the championship he has very good mental skills, he is actually a very good player

Are you suggesting that mental attributes may have a role to play as much as technical attributes? In the past I have always looked at players that have good technical attributes.

Are you suggesting that mental attributes may have a role to play as much as technical attributes? In the past I have always looked at players that have good technical attributes.
no , im suggesting they actually have a bigger role than technical or phsyical

the key attributes (in my opinon)

anticipation
decisions
technique
concentration
creativity
teamwork
workrate
determination

7 of those are mental attributes

He is quite good in those aspects then isn't he. In previous games I always thought he was awful to be playing so well. Now I know :) On that not anybody else got players like David?

---------- Post added at 11:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 PM ----------

I'm quite disappointed no one has not had a player like David :(

Bebé from Manchester Uni. I personally dont think his stats are good but he has 59 goals and 53 assists in 183 league games(half of those as a substitute since i always play with my wonderkids) with avg. of 7.45 and he have always played better in Champions League and cup matches.
bebewv.jpg

Thanks for your contribution Bebe I am sure will be a good player in a few years

Bebe developed quite well.

My contribution - Theo Walcott, totally carried by pace :D Although he's improved his composure a lot and a fair few other attributes in my game.

Check out Walcott, hasnt the best attributes in the game but player really well

^^ He's lethal, 16 goals in 26 games last season for me, if only he didn't spend 4 months injured >.<

Jonathan Howson doesn't have the best stats but I think he is a great leader.

no , im suggesting they actually have a bigger role than technical or phsyical

the key attributes (in my opinon)

anticipation
decisions
technique
concentration
creativity
teamwork
workrate
determination

7 of those are mental attributes

Have u throught of doing a thread on the importance of mental attributes i feel if would help many player realise the importance of these attributes