Welcome!

FM Base has been serving the Football Manager community for nearly two decades and we're keen to ensure that we are here for two decades more.

Become a part of our community today, and you'll quickly realise that the Football Manager community is the best community.

Register
Reaction score
scholes -- giggs and gary nevilla becomes manager

Reaction score
Pretty sure there's already a thread on this somewhere, mate.

Type it in the search bar and you should find something.

Reaction score
Tried dint find anything
There is one somewhere but I couldn't find it, either.

I remember posting in the thread as there were a number of well-known players in my game who turned out to be great coaches. Can't really remember who they were, though, sorry.

Reaction score
Jonathan Woodgate turns out quite good, was on the verge of getting Hull promoted on mine when a businessman took over the club and replaced him, then they sacked the other bloke and brought Woodgate back! Crazy :D

Reaction score
Brazilian Ronaldo managed Brazil and won the world cup

Reaction score
Scott Parker on my West Ham save. Unreal. Twenty for mental, eighteen for tactical and technical. Only thirty-two and I'm worried he'll eventually take my job..

Reaction score
Can anyone post some screenshots of players who turn into 4* or 5* coaches?

Reaction score
Joao Moutinho becomes a top manager so he's probably just as good as a coach

Reaction score
In my experience for lower league team's Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink and Andy Cole is quite good!

Reaction score
I tend to see ex-players with little managerial experience jump into top jobs but often not last too long. Papa Bouba Diop had a stint as Chelsea manager (unfairly sacked) Tal Ben Haim is the Manchester United manager, but under-performing. Gary Neville has great stats too - he became manager of Southampton, had one good season then mercilessly sacked in the second. Steven Gerrard, as mentioned already - has good stats and is Assistant Manager at both Bolton & England.

Reaction score
ludovic guily, 4 and a half star shooting and andrea pirlo 5 star ball contol or shooting depending on which you choose