Playing up the leagues - A Portsmouth FC Story

View attachment 827445

October and November@

View attachment 278245

A pretty decent two months in the league picking up some crucial results against big teams.Beating Wolves who are in 2nd place was definitely the highlight as there team is very strong and we proved that we could hang with the best. Losing to Sunderland was a very crucial part of the season as they are also up there with Wolves and a win against them would've made the gap smaller. Matt Tubbs is still banging in the goals even at Championship level which is very nice to see.

League Table:

View attachment 278244

Still going well in the league sitting comfortably in the playoff places however as we all know the Championship is a very tight league and the pressure will not be off until the final day of the season. I am confident that if we do not get too many injuries then we can challenge for the automatic promotion places however the playoffs are the main target.

View attachment 827598

December & January:

View attachment 278181

Two great performances in the FA Cup which takes us into the 5th round, beating Villa who are in 4th in the BPL and Everton are great achievements and morale boosters for the squad. Some fairly decent results again in the league beating Cardiff being the standout fixture after they beat us earlier on in the season.

League Table:

View attachment 278180

Still doing very well in the league and eventhough we are in the playoff places I think that automatic promotion could still be on depending on how well Wolves and Sunderland play over the next few months. We are scoring quite a lot of goals which is a great sign and could come in vital when playing the final few games of the season.

Transfers:

I did not sign or sell anyone in the January transfer window, this being down to the lack of funds we had to work with.