Godslawyer

Reaction score
Ive often been tempted to try the game using the rndom generated player option, as I think it would improve many factors of your managment ability, you would probably have to rely heavily on scouts and coaches a lot more, which would add a different dimension to any players game, Im sure tactics would be more an in-depth process as would many more things. Has anyone tried this and how did you get on?

Also been tempted, but always been afraid they'd just "replace the real players with mockups" (as in, Barça and Real having their star player be an AMR, or Inter's being a midfield playmaker). I assume this won't happen, but haven't had the courage to try yet :p

i tried it as man utd in fm10, and my GK was the real star player there instead of striker, was kinda fun, and ****** hard!

Same here.

Always wanted to give it a go, but never gotten round to it...

I'm really interested if anyone's got experience with this. Is it at all worth it?

Used to do it in the very old days on CM94, a long time ago but memories seem to suggest it pretty much only substituted names meaning you still really had a felling who was who.

As above, is it much different now? Lethra gives me hope with the GK being the star player.

i just made a game for fun to look in Genie scout, 4-5 players having 200 pa, being 25+ old, some reached potentional some havent, best player in the world was a GK from Real Madrid, looked through Arsenal aswell, and for example, their CM's were terrible, 1/7 of what Fabregas is :p, so i do belive, it is really random! ;)

Quite good then really, if someone fancies a different challenge.

i just made a game for fun to look in Genie scout, 4-5 players having 200 pa, being 25+ old, some reached potentional some havent, best player in the world was a GK from Real Madrid, looked through Arsenal aswell, and for example, their CM's were terrible, 1/7 of what Fabregas is :p, so i do belive, it is really random! ;)

But I'm interested if the stats make sense. I can imagine all sorts of craziness due to the need to generate a lot of regens in a short time.

In other words, do the best CA/PA players actually have stats suited for their positions? And in general, do you see tall centre-backs with good heading and marking let's say, or is it complete nonsense?

i have done it a few times, but ifind it pretty much replaces the real plaers with copies of them selves, with only a few stats changed, you can often tell who the player is based on.

found this, quite funny , 50 internats, 1 goal ;p, sry for the danish language. 16 heading - 11 finishing - 11 composure, 15 pace , 18 jump, 14 first touch ;)

its a bigger challenge if you think about it. No knowledge of the players at all. On the previous FMs they used to just replace everyone with different names, keeping similar attributies, like renaming messi and keeping jis stats. Don't know whether it's the same still.

Thanks guys, Im gonna give it a go and see how it turns out, will start with Hartlepool in League 1, That should make for a challenging career!

Its like playing LLM rules in the top leagues, thats all, or playing the game 15 seasons in.

I think a 10 season career with Hartlepool should satisfy my questions, it should hone my managment skills if nothing else, Then after that I'll try a regular game again and see what differences it brings to my gameplay style

Im about to give it a go now. Should be good fun.

Never even thought about doing it but I think I may make a new save after the weekend.

Just started a save looked at man utd its the same players with different names could tell who was who easily

did it and one of the best players in the world was a midfielder who played for barcelona, his picture was iniesta although he was slovakian

---------- Post added at 03:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 AM ----------

oh and they have a young striker with bojans picture :)