Playstation Network and PS3s what is going on???

If thats the case I have my torch and pick axe ready to storm the idiots house who caused this

haha thatll be 2 japan then n yh jus ad few people ring me saying theirs is working now and saw somethin on website sayin theirs is workin aswell

The funny thing is.... my PS3 was ok but my internet connection for my comp has been ******* up all day but when I came on it at half 12, it was fine. Could be something completely different though :S

The funny thing is.... my PS3 was ok but my internet connection for my comp has been ******* up all day but when I came on it at half 12, it was fine. Could be something completely different though :S

dno m8 my internet connection been fine but thn again my ps3 was workin fine even though it an old 1

Hey guys just thought i would give you some info. I had the orginal playstation3 when it came out. Mine sadly stopped working alltogether in novemeber 2009. Now i was well outside the 1 year warranty. Sony said they cant do anything but fix it for £99.00. Now i felt that was really unfair considering the amount i paid on the thing. So i contacted the http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/ told them my situation and this is what they said. "

Thank you for your enquiry to Consumer Direct dated 28/09/2009.
Your reference number for this case is SC-CC-00588587 and should be quoted in all further correspondence regarding this case.

Based on the information supplied within your e mail I would advise that you have statutory rights under the Sale of Goods Act 1979. If goods are not as described/not of a satisfactory quality/not fit for purpose made known at the time of sale by you or the seller, you may be entitled to a repair/replacement or in certain instances to reject the goods and request a refund/partial refund; this will depend on individual circumstances.
The manufacturer will only be liable if the product is covered by a valid warranty/guarantee, if the guarantee supplied with the product has now expired the manufacturer would not be obliged to have to repair at no cost.

Your rights under the Sale of Goods Act are against the trader from whom you purchased the goods and are valid for a period of up to 5 years in Scotland and you could initially pursue them for a repair.
As the console is over 6 months the burden of proof to show the goods had an inherent fault at purchase would be with you if this is raised by the trader.

I would advise speaking with the company that the goods were purchased in the first instance and see what response you receive from them.
If you would like to get back in touch at that point it may be that further advice can be given

Please can you confirm which trader the goods were purchased from.

If you require any further advice or information about this case, please do not hesitate to contact Consumer Direct on 08454 04 05 06 quoting the case reference number.

Kathryn
Consumer Direct Scotland
Tel: 08454 04 05 06"
Basically in short i took the playstation back with (proof of purchase) to where i bought it from and got a brand new playstation slim. Now the law does state its five years in scotland and 2-3 years in England. Hope this helps as it was a saviour to me. Now i know you are thinking that they wouldnt do it trust me they manager said the law is only for 3 years and i just said no five years in scotland and his answer was what do i want a brand new one or refurb?

lol lol any questions just ask

Last edited:
anyone who lost their trophies is going to be fuming though

Am i the only one who doesn't give a **** about the trophies?

Last edited:
i dont care, but some people act as though trophies are the most important things in life

na im not that fussed about the trophies but when you sit playing a game for hours and then lose everything because the clock ****** up i wouldnt be happy

I care about the trophies.

They indicate me having pumped a lot of time into certain games purely for completion purposes.

it always happens when I am playing DiRT 2 online :(

But it never happens with FIFA thank god

ok i found out how 2 fix this by accident lol! u have to go on date and time settings and then update them via internet! And i asure u it works! why couldnt sony just tell everyone to do this as they ave enough bofins in their company to figures this was the fix!?!?!?!?!?! hope this helps u guys! :)))))))))

Last edited:
it beacuse the ps3 system thought it was a leap year and because its not the whole network went down apparently 23 million ps3 have lost data, trophys and online saved game data was in the sun this morning

what we lost our trophies???? if we have i am going to screw i am going so mad im might complain and good job its working now i thought i was banned or something lol

I lost my PES trophies, but everything else seems to be there. No big deal really, didn't have any that I had to go out of my way to get.

I thought I had lost all my FIFA trophies as they had disappeared. But as soon as I started playing again they all came back so I haven't actually lost anything :)

yes still got my assassins creed 2 trophies thank GOD (platinum)

it wasnt a bug or nutting they were making adjustments to the ps3 XD and when it say you have been signed out its your connection not sony