iHoward

Reaction score
View attachment 442752

Champions League Challenge

The time has come for me to take on the Champions League Challenge that was set up by KLIPPYBO and Stonecold. Obviously the credit for the idea goes for them and I thought it would be interesting to make a story out of it and since there are many teams to win the champions league with throughout the challenge it should hopefully keep me occupied for a long time. I'd appreciate all the support and following that you guys can provide. That says it all really and I hope that you join me on my journey to conquer the Champions League Challenge.

Last edited:
RULES

1. Screenie required of the final match, Champions League results and of your career history.
2. No edited databases or genie scout or any other form of cheating
3. Future winners dont count (eg if Arsenal win it for the first time this year they will not be included)
4. No adding of new managers - one manager, one save.

Checklist

[] = Not Achieved
[x] = Achieved

Real Madrid []
Barcelona []
Bayern Munich []
Chelsea []
Manchester United []
Juventus []
AC Milan []
Inter Milan []
Liverpool []
Borussia Dortmund []
Ajax []
Benfica []
FC Porto []
Marseille []
PSV Eindhoven []
Hamburg SV []
Aston Villa []
Feyenoord []
Celtic []
Nottingham Forest []
Red Star Belgrade []
Steaua Bucharest []

Last edited:
This looks like an interesting inbound save, hopefully you can give it a good go and get at least a few of those knocked off the list! All the best with this!

Lets make La Decima my first.

View attachment 442746

It is no secret that there is one team that craves the Champions League more than anyone and that is the mighty Spanish footballing force that is Real Madrid CF. The club have spent ludicrous amounts of money in recent times in search for La Decima and lets hope I can deliver it as the first Champions League on my journey.​

Good place to start, solid squad and decent young players should mean this should be do-able. Oh yes, and Ronaldo! All the best with this :)

Good place to start, solid squad and decent young players should mean this should be do-able. Oh yes, and Ronaldo! All the best with this :)

Thanks for the early support, decided I couldn't live with myself doing this challenge if it wasn't me who achieved the decima that Madrid so desperately crave

View attachment 442742

I think the media is being very disrespectful to our opposition, AC Milan have a great pedigree in this tournament and a trip to Istanbul is never easy but it's a group we should get out of.

I agree with you on the media there, definitely a more difficult tie than they have claimed, but you should still have the class to see off all 3 at home and probably pinch at least a point at the San Siro and in Turkey!

All the best!

Mid Season Review

View attachment 442652Our league form is outstanding and if we can continue this we will surely win the league but the important thing is the Champions League because that's what this challenge is all about.

Champions League Update

View attachment 442650View attachment 442649View attachment 442648View attachment 442647View attachment 442646View attachment 442645

We only lost one game in the group and that was a disappointment but we had already topped the group and the players got complacent, we have to avoid this in the latter stages if we want to win this.

View attachment 442644

The important thing though is we are through to the Champions League knock out stages and the draw lets say has been very unkind to us.

View attachment 442643

Not the kind of luck you need when in this tournament to draw a team of the calibre of Paris Saint-Germain in the round of 16 but we have to compete with the best in this competition so we have reached the first major barrier earlier than expected but we knew that big teams like this would be an inevitability.

Great form in the league, CL wise, going well, shame about Gala holding you twice but you got through nonetheless. PSG is a tough one, but you have the home leg last which is an advantage (I find at least). Difficult competition in there too, no big teams going out by the looks of things. But all the best with it, fingers crossed :)

Cavani Signs for Real Madrid CF

View attachment 442638

When I heard that Cavani was not cup tied due to an early season injury I felt it was the time to pounce and take the clubs attack to a new level and this coincided with the sale of Karim Benzema who's poor work rate meant his goal tally was sub standard and thus Cavani has been bough for a bumper 60m deal with the soul aim of leading Real Madrid CF to La Decima.

Real Madrid Progress

View attachment 442637

We really through away the chance to win this game with no less than 5 clear cut chances failing to find the net in most. However if we play like this back at the Santiago Bernabeu with the crowd behind us I'm confident we can progress.

View attachment 442636

That's more like it! What a performance we deliver in front of our home crowd and the 79,924 in attendance left with the knowledge that we are progressing to the final 8 of the Champions League, the draw will be the next update.

Great buy and knocked out his ex-team too! Great job! Let's hope you can progress!

Dortmund Awaits

View attachment 442634

We have drawn Borussia Dortmund in the final 8 of the Champions league and it could have been much worse but it could have also been more favourable, Dortmund were finalists last year and they deserved to be there so it's important that we don't underestimate them but the Paris Saint-Germain team we played in the previous round is better on paper than this Dortmund team so hopefully we can emulate those performances and progress to the last 4.

Not too bad a draw after beating PSG it should be the same kinda of task for the Dortmund game, fingers crossed you can beat them and progress :)

Not too bad a draw after beating PSG it should be the same kinda of task for the Dortmund game, fingers crossed you can beat them and progress :)

Yeah I'd hope so, also having considerable success in the league even against Barcelona so hopefully that is a demonstration of how this team is in a different class to all other but the Champions League is a different world to domestic football.

Real Madrid March On

View attachment 442631

We are lucky to still be in this tie, we were dominated and could have been 5 or 6 goals down and out of the tournament before it gets to the best stages. Hopefully the home crowd can improve our performance.

View attachment 442630

Get in there! I've never seen a team perform so well in such a one sided game this far into a Champions League competition but we restricted Dortmund to 0 shots on target and absolutely played them off the park and we progress to the Champions League Semi finals.

View attachment 442628

The semi finals sees FC Porto surprising everyone after knocking out Bayern Munich very convincingly and the same can be said for Manchester United who taught Barcelona a footballing lesson, hopefully this will make the last 4 easier but all four sides have won this competition before so at this stage no game is easy and to get past such a good Manchester United side will not be easy.

Good job, unlucky with the away defeat, but certainly doesn't matter when you're as strong as you're showing at home! Now it gets tough, United should be a very good game and the final will be a cracker, will be interesting to see if Porto can beat their old boss Jose! Looking forwards to more!

Real Madrid Meet Their Match... Almost

View attachment 442609

A great performance at home but now our best so far this competition puts one foot in the final but anything can happen in the Champions League especially at a venue such as Old Trafford so we have to play at 100% and then some more to book our place in the final.

View attachment 442608

Lucky isn't the word, Manchester United dominated us for 70 minutes but when Gareth Bale popped up with a late away goal it killed the Manchester United Charge with them now needing to win by 3 clear goals and they ran out of steam and we book our place in the final.