Please help cant buy a win at the moment

This sounds like running with the ball, which has nothing to do with passing?

The main downsides are that 1 - you are slowing play down, so allowing more time for the opposition to get into position and 2 - you're trying to keep the ball in an area with defenders, not really known for their vision and passing ability, around opposition attacking players so it may be difficult if there are too many attackers.

Yeah - plus hes at Stoke where the cbs are not really "ball playing" (ie renowned for ball retention). I find that play out of defence is a difficult and dangerous instruction to use properly. One way of lessening the danger of losing the ball in dangerous areas is to instruct the gk to distribute to full backs.

Have you tried changing the duty of your striker from "Attack" to "Support"? It might help...

I'm still tinkering at the moment I've took some notes on board, ie canceled play out of defence and distribute to full backs.
my possession rate has gone up, just the final third I need to sort

I'm still tinkering at the moment I've took some notes on board, ie canceled play out of defence and distribute to full backs.
my possession rate has gone up, just the final third I need to sort

I often find that is the hardest part to work with.

This sounds like running with the ball, which has nothing to do with passing?

Yes i know, but i've often seen defenders attempt to beat the man in front of them with " Play out of Defence " selected, without Run with Ball or dribble more. Probably just a coincidence though.

Yeh it's becoming a real concern now, pelle's not scored in 11 games now, I know he's got the ability he just can't find the net

Yeh it's becoming a real concern now, pelle's not scored in 11 games now, I know he's got the ability he just can't find the net

Go over the last 5 or so games and check the highlights, how are your chances breaking down? Is it just poor finishing , or are the shots taken from tight angles/difficult areas.

It's all the usual things. Make sure he gets space. Make sure he's not isolated or outnumbered by defenders. Make sure he's not rushing shots. Check if the shots are poor - tight angles, from range etc.

If you're looking for proper advice, it'll be worth giving actual info though. You posted 2 random tactics, but give no reason why there are 2 and not just 1 and no information about why you chose what you did and how you expect it to work. We've also been given no information about issues you've encountered.

A regular thing in the FM community is that there are some interesting/strange TI choices. It would be good to hear why you've selected each TI you have.

Last edited:
ive gone for this set up now, think i was getting ahead of myself a little having the 2 tactics. i wanna play possession football and build up play slowly which im acheiving, sort of, i was leaking goals from the wings but now ive employed a DM sup.
In regards to Pelle ive watched some highlights and hes always outnumbered and rushing i just dunno how to rectifie it

View attachment 154009

View attachment 154008View attachment 154008

ive gone for this set up now, think i was getting ahead of myself a little having the 2 tactics. i wanna play possession football and build up play slowly which im acheiving, sort of, i was leaking goals from the wings but now ive employed a DM sup.
In regards to Pelle ive watched some highlights and hes always outnumbered and rushing i just dunno how to rectifie it

View attachment 1049163

View attachment 1049164View attachment 1049164
Yeah, but looking at that setup, it's just not balanced?

It should be expected that the striker is isolated. He's the only attack duty there, so he'll bomb forward... with no one else. You're building up slow, so it's not the end of the world, but the question of balance is still there.

- You have 2 playmakers on the right. Your build up play will be very much focus on that side of it.
- On the other side, you have the BBM and IF/S, both looking to make late runs. So both roles will be looking to make late runs into the exact same space as the other. This overloads one side, yes, but it also limits passing options.
- The DM on Support? Why? There are enough players in front of him who can and will get forward. All he's going to do is sit in the same spaces that the 2 CMs are trying to occupy. You will have no one recycling possession and 'controlling' midfield, while also leaving the middle WIDE open to counter attacks.

I'm not saying it cannot work, but balanced systems are recommended as you'll create more than one type of chance and there's less chance of the tactic failing.

If got a losing streak then the morale might be the issue, you should arrange a team meet and try to boost it

Quick update. I try. I fail. I give up. I uninstall game. Period