Plug & Play Freedom (3142) ---Direct Style--- Fantastic Tactic By Jesaustralia

High tempo with low time wasting will lead to a play with a high sense of urgency, preferring more chances over quality chances. Expect a higher number of shots from distances and more risky passes going astray when safer options were available.

thats the thing, in many games I dont have those high expected number of shots. The 10-0 win I had had 7CCC and 3HC and I scored from all of them (clinical) but usually thats not the case. Notice the number of shots in my loss to Man City. I'll post other similar results later.

No matter what - Plug & Play Freedom work very well if you have a team that is cut out for it meaning you have a team that can execute the many chances. Its a surprise to me how well it functions defensively and even bigger surprise the amount of entertaining in terms of goals.

Possession is very bad because it doesn't rely on possession - as Wee saids high sense of urgency.

When all that is mentioned - I think this tactic despite the possession issues will win trophys and humiliate any kind of teams in the process. Ofcause if your team is full of poor quality players you'll probably be better of trying one of the reputable tactics. This tactic will have the potential to score as much as the underdog tactic called 3142 Marcelo's - while being very consistant in defence.

WEE - could you put a series of screenshots in this thread to show me your striker setting from the opposition screen and a screenshot of your closing down settings and tightmarking - I'm interested in that.

I am creating a new tactic and at the moment I am undecided whether I want to use the marking system for the strikers. I used wingers to specific man mark the fullbacks instead, but only for their natural side. I want you guys to try something new with your strikers that I found only yesterday - I switched both strikers to Complete Forward and it was mindblowing what happened on almost default settings. I beat Liverpool 7-1 and could have scored alot more - Very unfluid!.

What I noticed was the striker movement of a complete forward was not going to the backline the way you say it, but wingers were specific marking the fullbacks so maybe that's the reason that the position is occupied. Their was alot of backtracking to meet the ball and dribling and get into dangerous areas and score easily. I recommend you guys to try it out even if your strikers are not a natural complete forward.

Here's a bonus for you all

The Ultimate FM13 Pack - Download

This download contains beautiful graphics for your game and better sounds than the original. Basically anything to enhance your game and get a new game feel to it.

Cheers

Ps I think the next release is gonna be amazing

I'm gonna shoot down my next release straight away, it was a freak result against liverpool :(
However I still believe in 2 complete forwards up front, they look quite good.

My next aim is to create a possession tactic - well actually I will try and listen as much as possible to what the TC has to say and forget all about theories as much as possible - I don't have any fullbacks in my squad so its gonna be with 3 defenders and a defensive midfielder. Possession is defending so lets see what can happen, what we can do.

If you have any ideas set them free :)

Cheers

WEE - could you put a series of screenshots in this thread to show me your striker setting from the opposition screen and a screenshot of your closing down settings and tightmarking - I'm interested in that.

The context in which the Strikers operate.
View attachment 336233

The right hand Striker.
View attachment 336232

The left hand Striker.
View attachment 336231

I have now moved from FLUID to RIGID as I believe that suits to roles and the more patient way I want the team to play better, I wanted also to stop flooding the box with bodies.
(CB's = defend only, WB's & Libero = defend/transition, CM's = defend/transition, AMC = transition/attack, ST = attack)

The Strikers are pretty much the same as last season the only difference being I have decided to change from a Complete Forward to a Defensive Forward and lower the AF's Creative Freedom to default.

As yet I have not got to addressing the Defensive Forwards Mentality and Creative freedom for this season yet (early pre-season, only three matches in and working on other positions trying to make sure I can feed the strikers)
The Defensive Forwards Mentality and Creative freedom are still set to how I played with him as a Complete Forward and WILL change soon.

The Libero passing diamond didn't work as he stay's too deep so I have had to stick with the Trequartista triangle.

My goal now is to keep sliders greyed out as much as possible so shouts can be effective.

As for the OI's I forgot to SS them, but the I guess the only ones that would apply to the Strikers would be the FB OI's.

Left FB = Tight marking = yes*
Close down = no specific instruction
Tackle = normal
Show to foot = right

Right FB = Tight marking = yes*
Close down = no specific instruction
Tackle = normal
Show to foot = left

*EDIT....
I realize that the strikers are not set to tight marking in their instruction screen but tbh I like what they do with the setting as they are now so have never bothered to look if they do anything different if I changed them to tight marking.

Another bonus to this marking method is this:

If the left hand striker is close enough to the right FB he will not cross over to other side of the pitch but close that FB down, all the while the right hand Striker who IS set to mark that right FB is sprinting in for a little two on one tag team style PWNAGE :)
Losing count of the amount of times the FB thinks "f*** this" and just lumps the ball away because of the two Striker mauling he's getting.

Also as soon as we lose possession the Striker SNAP change to the opposite flanks to mark their men, but when we win possession back the they are much more fluid in swapping back over, and in fact even remaining on their respective opposite sides while we attack.

Last edited:
Its not a bad idea to leave things on default the TC is well made!.

Though when that is said:
Take inspiration from Mr. Langvatn he did some odd things in the slider settings for the players, but it seems like they worked very well. For instance take a look in the 4141rock central midfielders creative freedom=0 they perform amazing set like that, which is weird to me.

I tried tight marking the fullbacks it makes the striker take the fullback out completely, if your striker have good strenght as well he might injure them.

The Deep laying forward setting seems to be very good in terms of interacting with the rest of the players, but if he can drible like mine he can he dribble past the out of position defenders easily and get clear chances (recommended)

I'm currently taking inspiration from this tactics offense post from Herne79 - This is an interesting setup and I have players for it. So if good experience I will have a strange looking release.

Hows the results going with your tactic WEE?

Cheers

Hows the results going with your tactic WEE?

Having rebuild the tactic again from the ground up because of the switch to rigid it's going pretty well so far.
The back three, WB's and two CM's are moving the ball around beautifully, quick one touch pass and move stuff....really nice BUT while they are taking between 30 to 90 touches the Strikers are only taking 10 to 15 passes forwards.
The heat map indicates most of my action is in deep center midfield against poor pre-season opposition.

So after today's three matches I decided to re-watch them a couple of times each in 2D to see if I could pick up what the issues are and then contrast them with a few replays from last season.
(yes I'm that dull, I also play very much the LLM style and don't player search, I only sign players my scouts inform me about)

Anyway... the key seems to be the DLP, he playing too defensive and not effectively pivoting the play forward.
When I think DLP I think Andrea Pirlo, for ME the best player I have ever seen play... EVER! (what a passer of the ball OMG)
So that's what I want, no biggy then :)

Surely it cant be as easy a fix just changing him form defend to support? can it??

BTW in your post before "The ultimate FM13 pack" there is mention of "better sounds"
I would be interesting in knowing more about this, is this just match sounds or is it the English commentary sound file?
After a quick search of the net on sound only packs I found a few but all for older version, FM2009 to FM2011 and chat in the forums linked to these sound files indicated they don't work of FM13.

I would download your pack but 1gb is too large (data limited phone) and I could well have most of the other stuff anyway.
Do you have Dazs8 Scorpio ultimate skin for FM13? I deleted it when I got FM14.... big mistake, can't find it anywhere on the web, I have even asked Daz himself and he dosent have a copy either, only Scorpio 2.1.

Last edited:
Also came across this little nugget of information the other day about the hidden attributes you cant see in a players stats.
This maybe common knowledge and you may already know it, but just in case you don't...

Positive Personalities

Model Citizen – The player has very good Ambition, Determination, Loyalty, Pressure, Professionalism, Sportsmanship and Temperament.
Perfectionist – The player has very good Ambition, Determination and Professionalism but poor Temperament.
Resolute – The player has very good Professionalism and Determination
Model Professional / Professional / Fairly Professional – The player has very good Professionalism and a fair level of Temperament.
Spirited – The player has good Pressure, Professionalism and a fair level of Temperament.
Evasive – The player has good Pressure and Professionalism.
Reserved – The player has very low Controversy and good Professionalism.
Driven / Determined / Fairly Determined – The player has very good Determination and a fair level of ambition.
Charismatic Leader – The player has very good Leadership, Sportsmanship and Temperament.
Born Leader – The player has top Leadership and Determination.
Leader – The player has top Leadership.
Iron Willed – The player has top Pressure and good Determination.
Resilient – The player has very good Pressure and good Determination.
Unflappable – The player has good Pressure and good Temperament.
Very Ambitious / Ambitious / Fairly Ambitious – The player has very good Ambition but poor Loyalty.

Negative Personalities

Volatile – The player has poor Temperament.
Confrontational – The player has poor Sportsmanship and Temperment.
Temperamental – The player has very poor Temperament.
Short Tempered – The player has high Controversy and very poor Temperament.
Outspoken –The player has high Controversy.
Casual – The player has very poor Professionalism and poor Determination.
Low Determination / Easily Discouraged – The player has very poor Determination and poor Ambition.
Low Self-Belief – The player has very poor Pressure and poor Determination.
Slack – The player has no Professionalism and poor Determination.
Spineless – The player has no Pressure and poor Determination.
Unambitious – The player has very poor Ambition but a fair level of Loyalty.

Neutral Personalities

Level-Headed – The player has fairly balanced levels of Controversy, Loyalty, Professionalism, Sportmanship and Temperament.
Jovial – The player has good Pressure, a fair level of Temperament, but poor Professionalism.
Unsporting / Realist – The player has very poor Sportsmanship and a fair level of Determination.
Light Hearted – The player has good Pressure and Sportsmanship and a fair level of Determination and Temperament.
Devoted / Very Loyal / Loyal / Fairly Loyal – The player has very good Loyalty but poor Ambition.
Honest / Sporting / Fairly Sporting – The player has very good Sportsmanship but poor Determination.
Media Friendly – The player has low Controversy.
Balanced – The player has a well-rounded personality that does not fit one of the above specific descriptions.

Having rebuild the tactic again from the ground up because of the switch to rigid it's going pretty well so far.
The back three, WB's and two CM's are moving the ball around beautifully, quick one touch pass and move stuff....really nice BUT while they are taking between 30 to 90 touches the Strikers are only taking 10 to 15 passes forwards.
The heat map indicates most of my action is in deep center midfield against poor pre-season opposition.

So after today's three matches I decided to re-watch them a couple of times each in 2D to see if I could pick up what the issues are and then contrast them with a few replays from last season.
(yes I'm that dull, I also play very much the LLM style and don't player search, I only sign players my scouts inform me about)

Anyway... the key seems to be the DLP, he playing too defensive and not effectively pivoting the play forward.
When I think DLP I think Andrea Pirlo, for ME the best player I have ever seen play... EVER! (what a passer of the ball OMG)
So that's what I want, no biggy then :)

Surely it cant be as easy a fix just changing him form defend to support? can it??

BTW in your post before "The ultimate FM13 pack" there is mention of "better sounds"
I would be interesting in knowing more about this, is this just match sounds or is it the English commentary sound file?
After a quick search of the net on sound only packs I found a few but all for older version, FM2009 to FM2011 and chat in the forums linked to these sound files indicated they don't work of FM13.

I would download your pack but 1gb is too large (data limited phone) and I could well have most of the other stuff anyway.
Do you have Dazs8 Scorpio ultimate skin for FM13? I deleted it when I got FM14.... big mistake, can't find it anywhere on the web, I have even asked Daz himself and he dosent have a copy either, only Scorpio 2.1.

I'm not exactly sure what you want your deep laying playmaker to do, but to recycle possession DMC defend works very well, if you want more from him you can always for instance adjust some settings like through balls. In my tactic called "The Connection" and the other one called "the champ" both setups look to be successuful - maybe take a look at those.

FM11 soundpack works for FM13, but is better sounds than what is currently their, so its not the commentary pack just sounds.
I don't have daz skins sorry - I use the Steklo skin which has many options with the colors.

Also came across this little nugget of information the other day about the hidden attributes you cant see in a players stats.
This maybe common knowledge and you may already know it, but just in case you don't...

Positive Personalities

Model Citizen – The player has very good Ambition, Determination, Loyalty, Pressure, Professionalism, Sportsmanship and Temperament.
Perfectionist – The player has very good Ambition, Determination and Professionalism but poor Temperament.
Resolute – The player has very good Professionalism and Determination
Model Professional / Professional / Fairly Professional – The player has very good Professionalism and a fair level of Temperament.
Spirited – The player has good Pressure, Professionalism and a fair level of Temperament.
Evasive – The player has good Pressure and Professionalism.
Reserved – The player has very low Controversy and good Professionalism.
Driven / Determined / Fairly Determined – The player has very good Determination and a fair level of ambition.
Charismatic Leader – The player has very good Leadership, Sportsmanship and Temperament.
Born Leader – The player has top Leadership and Determination.
Leader – The player has top Leadership.
Iron Willed – The player has top Pressure and good Determination.
Resilient – The player has very good Pressure and good Determination.
Unflappable – The player has good Pressure and good Temperament.
Very Ambitious / Ambitious / Fairly Ambitious – The player has very good Ambition but poor Loyalty.

Negative Personalities

Volatile – The player has poor Temperament.
Confrontational – The player has poor Sportsmanship and Temperment.
Temperamental – The player has very poor Temperament.
Short Tempered – The player has high Controversy and very poor Temperament.
Outspoken –The player has high Controversy.
Casual – The player has very poor Professionalism and poor Determination.
Low Determination / Easily Discouraged – The player has very poor Determination and poor Ambition.
Low Self-Belief – The player has very poor Pressure and poor Determination.
Slack – The player has no Professionalism and poor Determination.
Spineless – The player has no Pressure and poor Determination.
Unambitious – The player has very poor Ambition but a fair level of Loyalty.

Neutral Personalities

Level-Headed – The player has fairly balanced levels of Controversy, Loyalty, Professionalism, Sportmanship and Temperament.
Jovial – The player has good Pressure, a fair level of Temperament, but poor Professionalism.
Unsporting / Realist – The player has very poor Sportsmanship and a fair level of Determination.
Light Hearted – The player has good Pressure and Sportsmanship and a fair level of Determination and Temperament.
Devoted / Very Loyal / Loyal / Fairly Loyal – The player has very good Loyalty but poor Ambition.
Honest / Sporting / Fairly Sporting – The player has very good Sportsmanship but poor Determination.
Media Friendly – The player has low Controversy.
Balanced – The player has a well-rounded personality that does not fit one of the above specific descriptions.

Yes I know about this - its quality information for people to see so thanks for posting it

I'm not exactly sure what you want your deep laying playmaker to do.

I want to create a Double Pivot midfield.

The double pivot isn’t entirely defensive, rather it is a solid base for me to build my entire attacking strategy around.

The ‘registas’ or Deep-Lying Playmakers will orchestrate the moves of the whole team.
They are renowned for their vision, technique and passing, especially their ability to provide successful long passes.

The perfect example of this type of player is Andrea Pirlo of Juvetus, who along midfielder Paul Pogba have formed a formidable partnership and have dictated the central areas for Juvetus.

This central reassurance also allows full-backs to overlap their respective wide midfielders and create opportunities for dangerous passes or crosses.
Having two deeper players in a double pivot is excellent to relieve pressure and to quickly shift the angle and the emphasis of the attack.

However, it is essential that the two players who complete the central pivot have good positional awareness in order to shield the back four efficiently.

One of these two is normally more of a tackler, with the other concentrating more on distribution.

[video=youtube;IkyC9ZdHjaU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkyC9ZdHjaU[/video]

I want to create a Double Pivot midfield.

The double pivot isn’t entirely defensive, rather it is a solid base for me to build my entire attacking strategy around.

The ‘registas’ or Deep-Lying Playmakers will orchestrate the moves of the whole team.
They are renowned for their vision, technique and passing, especially their ability to provide successful long passes.

The perfect example of this type of player is Andrea Pirlo of Juvetus, who along midfielder Paul Pogba have formed a formidable partnership and have dictated the central areas for Juvetus.

This central reassurance also allows full-backs to overlap their respective wide midfielders and create opportunities for dangerous passes or crosses.
Having two deeper players in a double pivot is excellent to relieve pressure and to quickly shift the angle and the emphasis of the attack.

However, it is essential that the two players who complete the central pivot have good positional awareness in order to shield the back four efficiently.

One of these two is normally more of a tackler, with the other concentrating more on distribution.

[video=youtube;IkyC9ZdHjaU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkyC9ZdHjaU[/video]

Pirlo is my age - so its very sentimental to watch him - he's one of the best DLP's the world has ever seen and if you have seen Pirlo you have been gifted for life. Pirlo must have 20 in flair - 20 decision - 20 creativity - 20 composure - freekick 30 (haha) - 20 longshot and we can go on and on - Amazing! - He would have been fantastic in Barcelona :) Imagine him and Xavi

Here's an article you might like

Cheers

Sorry I felt my answer before was a little poor.

Are you playing them in the centre midfield or the DMC position?

Either way I think you will want to set the passing slider to direct maybe all the way to 19 perhaps.
You'll ofcause need your Pirlo's - I see these types having lots of:
Flair - Passing - Creativity - decision - composure - teamwork - Technique - First Touch - Anticipation - Concentration - positioning
Bonus skills: Acceleration - Tackling - Marking - Jump - Long shots - Off ball - Strenght - determination - influence - crosses

Anything else is a bonus Longshots if Pirlo look alike. **** what a specialist he was - I'm gonna miss him!

I recommend starting out with creative freedom 10 as I'm unsure whats best these days.
No tight marking - you want these types to be available in space - so its not good to have them dragged out of position by opponent - if out of position it should be their choice and in possession!

Through balls often/Sometimes also depending on your tactic how its all setup
Player prefered move - (Maybe Curl ball) - dictate tempo - switch ball to other side - killer balls - tries long range passes

Run from deep - rare/sometimes
Crosses sometimes
cross from deep
Longshots sometimes/often depending on his skill obviously

Mentality - Depends on your tactic - I think 15-20 would be good for someone who think to make a splitting forward pass of some sort - short/long

Here's a really good resource to read and analyze for a few hours hehe! - Player Guide - PPM's & Attributes

Well its always a pleasure to write in this forum and I enjoy the interaction between the FM addicted players and the common soccer lover in general.

Cheers pal!

I wanna ask an open question anyone can answer!

Do you know a way/setting that will make your striker kick the ball before getting tackled?

My strikers are dribbling into the box in perfect situations but gets tackled the moment they are ready to shoot :(
Should i have them dribble less - by the way these are inside forwards

cheers