Plymouth Argyle On Verge Of Liquidation.

Giggles

Reaction score
Hi Guys;

Some of you may be aware of the severe financial troubles Plymouth Argyle are in. The club have had 5 winding up orders petitioned against them in the past 18 months, and have been in Administration since the start of March, after being deducted 10 points in League One which caused the teams relegation into League Two. Neither the staff or players have recieved a full pay-packet since last November, because of a lack of funds, and Peter Reid has been forced into building a young side for the new campaign.

Administrator Brendan Guilfoyle opted last May, he would pick an unknown group of 'Irish' investors to take-over the club. He hadn't met them in person, but set a deadline of mid-june for the deal to be done. When Mid-June come, the deal wasn't complete. He set another deadline of July. July went, the deal wasn't complete. He set a deadline of the start of the season... And that passed, the deal wasn't done. He has now set a 'final' deadline of this Friday for the deal to be done. He has said if Kevin Heaney and Bishop International cannot complete the deal on Friday, in the timescale he has, he will no other option but to liquidate the club and its 125 year history. Despite, James Brent, being interested since the Administration Process begun, and provided proof of funding early on, Guilfoyle still insists on sticking with the 'unknowns'. At the start of the month, supporters from the internet forum PASOTI set up a 'Plan B' involving James Brent and Plymouth City Council- But Guilfoyle has had nothing to do about it. He's wasted all these months with Ridsdale and Heaney, he's realised, time is up.

Guilfoyle's handling of the administration process has been poor- Why he's stuck so long with Heaney and his 'devious' plan is unknown. Why so many deadlines have passed is unknown. The club needs all the support it can get before Friday. Why has a once proud Championship Club sunk into gates of Liquidation? Protests, moans and groans have done nothing. Its all down to the 'Green Army' and the world of football to prove Plymouth Argyle Football is worth saving, is worth having a place in the Football League after months of brave commitment from Peter Reid, his players and the staff of the club. The goal is not to turn a back on Peter Ridsdale, his aim is the same as ours- Saving our football club.

After all we've been through, it would be quite simply the 'End of the World' if we were to be liquidated by someone who's interest is not the football club itself. Its fair to say, Portsmouth were on the verge of Liquidation at one point and got a lot more national interest from the media. Its time for us in what could be our final 48 hours, to go down kicking and screaming. To go down, remembering, sometimes, some people, just don't have the mental ability to do the ******* obvious, isn't that right Brendan Guilfoyle?

All I'm really asking if you could sign this petition- Don't Liquidate PAFC P&A - Petition Online - UK and give your full support to a March taking place tomorrow, and a 24 hour 'vigil' at home park starting on Monday at- www.argylefanstrust.com and www.pasoti.co.uk . I just couldn't imagine waking up on Saturday without a football club, waking up on Tuesday thinking "wow, we could of been knocking exeter out of the carling cup tonight" and waking up in 50 years and thinking "I wonder what would my grandchildren would think of Plymouth Argyle."

Any support you give is much appreciated,
Resurgam- We'll be back... :wub:​

I know what you're going through. It happened to my local club, Palace, who I feel particularly attached to. Luckily for us, we were saved about 15 minutes from liquidation by a group of local heroes who bought the club.

Here's hoping something similar happens for Plymouth. Signed the petition.

signed, would hate to see any club be liquidated. The thought of my favourite team going under is unthinkable. Just underlines the lack of support clubs outside the top flight get, while premiership clubs rake in 10 million a year sky money minimum. If just a portion of that is reinvested Plymouth and clubs in similar positions could be saved.

People that don't even understand what football means to all those fans whose lives they are changing are going to help liquidate the club, and all it's years of history and the fan base that has built up. Bad times :(

Done mate. Would hate to see a great, historical, traditional family club go down the sewers.

Signed. Too many clubs have gone under. Enough is Enough

Another reason why the fans of rich clubs can count themselves lucky. They may ***** and moan about not splashing out millions of pounds on a player, trivial things, then go on about buying a certain player for like £40 million.....that money would save the lives of lower league clubs. Before long a lot of those real fans will have no club to support. And in turn can ruin a town

not all fans btw-the ones who lack a sense of perspective and want instant glory asap

Last edited:
Another reason why the fans of rich clubs can count themselves lucky. They may ***** and moan about not splashing out millions of pounds on a player, trivial things, then go on about buying a certain player for like £40 million.....that money would save the lives of lower league clubs. Before long a lot of those real fans will have no club to support. And in turn can ruin a town

not all fans btw-the ones who lack a sense of perspective and want instant glory asap

Indeed. A fair few Arsenal fans are in desperate need of a reality check.

I've been in administration before, well technically it wasn't actually me but my club.., and i know it's not a nice place, so much uncertainty and nerve, i still think you will be saved, it's not often that league clubs are liquidised and most that go into administration are saved, to give you some positives

I've been in administration before, well technically it wasn't actually me but my club.., and i know it's not a nice place, so much uncertainty and nerve, i still think you will be saved, it's not often that league clubs are liquidised and most that go into administration are saved, to give you some positives

Thanks guys, everything is appreciated.

A majority of clubs are saved from Administration, and we could of been long before the season started however it just seems we have the wrong man running the Administration Process. The worst this is, the Football League & FA have had little impact on the shambles.

Thanks guys, everything is appreciated.

A majority of clubs are saved from Administration, and we could of been long before the season started however it just seems we have the wrong man running the Administration Process. The worst this is, the Football League & FA have had little impact on the shambles.

To be honest mate, when it comes to the FA, you shouldn't expect a dam thing from them. They're absolutely useless.

how manay sigs required.

can outsideers sign too .ie non uk residents

are you actually going to be liquidated on friday if not complete as im sure there's been quite a few times when people said you would be liquidated by a set date but then just extended deadline or something :S
anyway good luck. obviously despite being rivals i wouldnt want to see you liquidated otherwise who would our rivals be? torquay lol

Tried to sign it but says I have already. So I guess I'm already down. :)

---------- Post added at 11:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 AM ----------

how manay sigs required.

can outsideers sign too .ie non uk residents

Yeah probably, try it.

are you actually going to be liquidated on friday if not complete as im sure there's been quite a few times when people said you would be liquidated by a set date but then just extended deadline or something :S
anyway good luck. obviously despite being rivals i wouldnt want to see you liquidated otherwise who would our rivals be? torquay lol

It seems 99% that if the deal isn't done on Friday, the club will be liquidated. Its certainly a realistic possibility; The club was close to going under before the opening day of the season, and 2 days before the game against Rotherham, however Peter Ridsdale appeared to get everyone on a wage deferal in the last minute. The previous deadlines the Administrator set was for the deal to be complete, and he would say "blah blah if the deal isn't complete by *** we can speak to yyy" however he yyy was never a option, he just pushed the deadlines. He's said now, in the timescale he has, there wouldn't be time to speak to anybody else- Despite their being a whole season we can remain in Administration- But the wages have built up over time, etc

---------- Post added 25/08/2011 at 01:06 PM ---------- Previous post was 24/08/2011 at 01:02 PM ----------

Zubar's asked to leave, and had his contract terminated. I think our fate has been decided, rumours circulating Football League have rejected handing Argyle over the Golden Share. Complete mess, looks as though padlocks could be on the Home Park gates in 24 hours. The Herald ran a great story today with the front-page having "DON'T LET OUR CLUB DIE" but its all going to waste.

Signed. My gf's family lives in Plymouth, gotta have a team for my holiday times.

Well, I've signed. Hope signatures from overseas count as well :p

i've signed. no club should need to be liquidated. not when 1 players weekly wage (eto'o) would help this club. Plymouth have obviously been let down by their previous chairmen and administrators. i hope someone steps in and saves the club then starts to restore it to past security and safety.

Before I became a serious Rovers fan I would always go to Ashburton (just outside Plymouth) during the October half term to stay with family where I would be taken to a Plymouth Argyle match. I think I owe a bit to Plymouth for helping ignite my love of football.

Signed.

Last edited:
Signed it.

I signed a petition for Liverpool when we were in 'crisis', I know what it feels like. Yet our troubles were nothing compared to yours. Keep going, because in the end, the true heros (loyal fans, players, staff) will win! Don't give up, ever! Even if your club is going to be gone forever, there may be a supporter's club (like AFC Wimbledon) which will start up, so always look on the bright side of things! I will try and get people to sign this, as I am really serious about this. I don't normally use winks, but this is special so keep on smiling! :)

Let it be known that if I had the money I would take over this minute, hope they don't go :(