Pokemon Trading Cards

Steve*

Y.N.W.A.
Reaction score
Ok before somebody gets on my case and says theres already a Pokemon thread,it doesnt mention the trading cards.
This is a thread about the trading card spin off.
Does anybody collect them or still play the game?
I did when pokemon was big first and i have about 400 or 500 trading cards.
Going to look them up tomorrow as i plan to sell them on ebay.
Or does anybody know of any shop or site that buys them and sells them on?

The only trading card I used to play was Yu-Gi-Oh!
Much better than Pokemon IMO

Ahh the days of: 'Can I please have your Charizard?' and me replying by punching them in the face and running away with there Pikachu :S. I loved collecting them but not now, Tbh I prefered Yu-Gi-Oh, yes I had a blue eyed dragon ;)

Ahh the days of: 'Can I please have your Charizard?' and me replying by punching them in the face and running away with there Pikachu :S. I loved collecting them but not now, Tbh I prefered Yu-Gi-Oh, yes I had a blue eyed dragon ;)

I used to have that guy. He was good. But I traded him for five pieces of Exodus (I think that's what it is called)

Let's not turn this into Yu-Gi-Oh thread or I'll rape you.

Has anyone got the new editions? Dialga era

Not really. Last time I got Pokemon cards were when I got Lugia EX :$

I used to have that guy. He was good. But I traded him for five pieces of Exodus (I think that's what it is called)

Its name was Exodia.

Anyway, yes I used to collect them, had plenty. **** knows where they went.

Antiques Roadshow, Pokemon must be getting on now, how old guys?

Only trading cards I ever had were Magic: The Gathering.

I had a few Pokemon Trading Cards. I used to collect Duel Masters more though :)

Used to love them back when I was twelve. Would be super pathetic to collect them at 23 though, seriously pathetic/creepy/laugh out loudable.

Used to love them back when I was twelve. Would be super pathetic to collect them at 23 though, seriously pathetic/creepy/laugh out loudable.

What he is trying to say is he stopped when he was 22.

Used to have a Shiny Charizard and the full fossill set, lost them though, they would have been worth a bomb now :(

I still have a promtional Mewtwo card from the first movie here somewhere, the rest went along time ago.

Its name was Exodia.

Anyway, yes I used to collect them, had plenty. **** knows where they went.
I had albums and albums of the rarest and best Pokemons there were.... I went to study in Cape Town to find out years later that my mom (who is an interior designer, she buys and sells houses all the time :) ) had either lost them in one of the many moves or had thrown them away... to this day she will not answer me honestly...

they were my retirement plan...

I had albums and albums of the rarest and best Pokemons there were.... I went to study in Cape Town to find out years later that my mom (who is an interior designer, she buys and sells houses all the time :) ) had either lost them in one of the many moves or had thrown them away... to this day she will not answer me honestly...

they were my retirement plan...

Telling you that Team Rocket stole them was a bit far though eh? ;)

There worth a bomb,i have an almost full first edition set and then 652 common cards,about 60 shinys.
I seen a set of first addition sets go on ebay for £230 last night.
Like Kris said i also collected when i was young but hadnt seen them for about 8 years because i was having a clear out. Some people are serious about collecting them.
I seen a US website that buy trading cards but not too sure about its reliability.
For anybody interested in selling heres the website: Link

Also they buy your MTG and Yu Gi Oh cards aswell.

lolololol what he said.

I had a card or two back in like 2002.

They were lame then and are worse now/more expensive I imagine.

I have loads of them.

Only missing about 7 or 8 of the original base set. I check eBay occupationally and set up a few snipes for some bargains.

Got plenty of random ones from other sets too (Jungle, Team Rocket, Fossil, Gym, Neo etc..)

Pokemon >>> Yu-Gi-Oh.

Had a few shoeboxes full of Pokemon cards, they're probably in the attic. There was a shop where my nan lives (Horsham) that used to buy Pokemon cards, I had a shiny Ampharos (I think) and went to get it priced - he offered £60 for that single card! Being twelve at the time I just had to take it. Went back a year later the shop had gone :(

Haven't played the GameBoy game in a while too. It's my brother's who recently found around 30 GameBoy games in a box, one of which was the Pokemon Trading Card game (along with Blue, Red and Yellow). Completed three times, got boring then.

Last edited: