Pokemon Trading Cards

lolololol what he said.

I had a card or two back in like 2002.

They were lame then and are worse now/more expensive I imagine.
yet you admit you owned them :) hahhaa, dont be ashamed, it was cool back in the day!

Pokemon >>> Yu-Gi-Oh.
EDIT: No it wasn't Ampharos, it was another large yellow creature, anybody fancy helping me out?
It wasnt Zapadoras(sp). The legendary bird?
I see a shiny Charizard from the base set going for £50 now :(

It wasnt Zapadoras(sp). The legendary bird?
I see a shiny Charizard from the base set going for £50 now :(

Nah, pretty sure it was in the second release of Pokemon, though looking at images on Google it may well have been Dragonite or actually Ampharos, can't remember as it was years ago.

i've made 5 decks (water, fire, psychic, fighting, poison (with grass energy)) and also had a total of over 800 cards from the booster packs. really feel that its a waste of money now lol

lolololol what he said.

I had a card or two back in like 2002.

They were lame then and are worse now/more expensive I imagine.

Ah Redders you have no taste :p

If you go onto the official Pokemon website they have a catalogue of every card if you want to see what it was. :)

I have loads of them.

Only missing about 7 or 8 of the original base set. I check eBay occupationally and set up a few snipes for some bargains.

Got plenty of random ones from other sets too (Jungle, Team Rocket, Fossil, Gym, Neo etc..)

You went on a massive spree of Pokemon cards a few weeks ago. haha that was hilarious, to come back to you having all of them set out finding which ones you need. ...loser. ;)

I myself used to collect them when i was younger, but i don't know where they went, much like the rest of my stuff! I think someone stole my pogs. :'(

Should still have mine somewhere, best card I had was a Bulbasaur I got in my first pack.

I remember going to Tesco's and finding a Shiny Azamarilladka (sp) on the floor, I'm pretty bad with names lol

Good Times :)

Has anybody got any promos? All i have is a Mew promo card,cant remember where i got it.

I think they gave out either Mew or Mewtwo for going to see one of the films at the pictures.

I had a Dark Charizard shiny (that was valued at about R250 more than 10 - 12 years ago, my precioussss...)

I've still got all mine somewhere, gunna dig them out, if anyone does know a reliable place to sell them to can you pm me please.

You went on a massive spree of Pokemon cards a few weeks ago. haha that was hilarious, to come back to you having all of them set out finding which ones you need. ...loser. ;)

I myself used to collect them when i was younger, but i don't know where they went, much like the rest of my stuff! I think someone stole my pogs. :'(

LOL! It was hilarious when I found out and text him. He must have been sitting at his desk cursing you |)

Did anyone actually play with them or just collect them?

Used to play when was 12 or something...Then i evolved and started playing MTG... Dont play any of those anymore though...

Gotta dig'em out and see if there is something valuable (i don't remember my cards =P)

Collected them more than played. I have a brother who's a year and a half older than me, so when we were younger we were always comparing cards and having the odd 'battle'. But it was mainly: get money, go to the shop (Electronics Boutique mostly :p), buy a pack, tear open and look for the shiny cards.

Collected it when i was 9.
Didnt know the ones that my parents usually buy for me priced at $5+ per box was fake (opps) :S
Those cards were really fail at then as i remembered there was a snorlax picture on the card but on top of it it wrote Charizard and i did still not know it was fake ( didnt play pokemon back then. I was just following a trend that time) :D

At 12 then i realised the ones was fake when i actually started playing the game. Just when i was wondering why some boxes were priced at $30 + while the ones i bought was only $5.

A yes the day of pokemon cards dropped my shiny Chansy and some older boy took it, didn't really play with them much some people did in my class I just collected them a bit. Was more interested in Yu Gi Oh that I played I was around 11/12.

Last edited:
LOL! It was hilarious when I found out and text him. He must have been sitting at his desk cursing you |)

Hahah well he probably was, he gave me a dirty as look when i told him you knew! rofl. ..tbh it wasn't hard to guess when i saw the packages come through the post when you were round! :p Bless him though they were all spread out in his little room and he wouldn't let me come in fully and look at it all.

I never used to play with my cards, just look at them and go 'ooooh i have better ones than you do!!' lol

XGCFi.jpg