Police criticized for "unlawful" methods following Drug barons arrest

• Thread starter Thread starter ajt09
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 89
  • Views Views 4K

Were the Police correct in what they did?

• Yes

Votes: 27 65.9%
  • No

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Not sure

Votes: 6 14.6%

• Total voters

ajt09

Nice Guy Gramps
Reaction score
I found this article pretty interesting.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK...Appeal_Despite_Detectives_Act_Of_Law-Breaking

Now, I know the police have a moral obligation to uphold aspects of the law. But the bottom line is, he was a drug dealer, and he has already murdered somebody. I personally, couldn't give a dam if the police crossed the line, to get this piece of human excrement put inside where hopefully, he will die, before he would've been responsible for other deaths, and spreading his poison about.
But what worries me, is the fact this piece of ****, is consideriing appealing to the court of human rights-and we all know how unattached to reality those bunch of morons can be.
But once again, the police are being slammed for doing their job. Which is protecting the public from evil pieces of **** like that.
It also makes me think we should just get the **** out of the Human Rights act by whatever means we can, because those fools are just in cloud cuckoo land, and simply will not allow us to implement justice upon criminals, and we simply are not allowed to do the right thing-which is put evil like that in jail.

I don't think what the police did was that wrong compared to other incidents in the past like the protests where they just blatently hit people

I don't think what the police did was that wrong compared to other incidents in the past like the protests where they just blatently hit people

To be honest, I doubt they'd hit "protestors" (anarchists) without reason-they'd lose their jobs straight away

He is moaning that they bugged his gang's car to me thats just a modern way of following people with all these cuts police dont have man power to follow someone so he should get an extra 1 year for wasting time.

I feel sorry for the police these days they cant do anything right they use kettling to people from rioting thats wrong, they hit someone because to me is self defence when I watch the student riots student hit police first so hard time to be police to be honest they just dont seem to have any powers they can use without someone saying that wrong

Last edited:
Should be allowed to do anything within reason (Obv not setups) if it gets people/gangs behind bars.

Should be allowed to do anything within reason (Obv not setups) if it gets people/gangs behind bars.

Exactly. Whats more important-following moral obligations right down to the letter, or getting people like that off the streets?

---------- Post added at 04:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:39 PM ----------

He is moaning that they bugged his gang's car to me thats just a modern way of following people with all these cuts police dont have man power to follow someone so he should get an extra 1 year for wasting time.

I feel sorry for the police these days they cant do anything right they use kettling to people from rioting thats wrong, they hit someone because to me is self defence when I watch the student riots student hit police first so hard time to be police to be honest they just dont seem to have any powers they can use without someone saying that wrong

Totally agree. They joined the police, and promised to protect the public. They hit a protestor, and the career could be over, and they could get sued. No win situation

Edit-when i mean protestor, these days its anarchist

It was not correct, thus, I voted no, but to be fair, I don't give a ****, and I hope that **** rots in jail and is made someone else's "friend" in the mean time. And there's no "human rights" abuse there, so I don't think you should fear for his release, either.

To be honest, I doubt they'd hit "protestors" (anarchists) without reason-they'd lose their jobs straight away

they have, and at least one guy died because of it, and the cop got off scott free. makes me sick. cops are the kids who got bullied in school and have never had a sense of power, so this is how they make up for it. and 'anarchists'? if the world/government/police wasnt so **** to people, they wouldnt feel the need to do these things would they? its not these people you should be blaming, its the people at the top ruining it for everyone else while they take home a huge amount of money without a care for anyone else.

Last edited:
It was not correct, thus, I voted no, but to be fair, I don't give a ****, and I hope that **** rots in jail and is made someone else's "friend" in the mean time. And there's no "human rights" abuse there, so I don't think you should fear for his release, either.

Hopefully he will rot. But as we know, and as on the front page of a tabloid, someone who does tonnes of heroin, can now avoid going to jail, which could set a benchmark in court cases/appeal courts

All too right to do this. Fair play to the police, they got their crook and nobody is any worse off at all, in fact we've been benefitted by this slight bending of the law.

Jail is a better life for most people anyway, video games, activities, telvision, gym, sports, free time.. I say we should start giving people lethal injections for counts of murder. Murderers don't change, they will only do it again when they are released. The police are limited to what they can do but by this, it just shows that they still go that extra mile to catch these criminals, despite putting their own careers on the line. add to his sentence for time wasting!

they have, and at least one guy died because of it, and the cop got off scott free. makes me sick. cops are the kids who got bullied in school and have never had a sense of power, so this is how they make up for it. and 'anarchists'? if the world wasnt so **** to people, they wouldnt feel the need to do these things would they?

So why attack places where people work, where they have to earn money, to provide for families and themselves? Why destroy peoples livelihoods? Can't they be arsed to get a job or something? Or do they just prefer to sit on their arses and let the taxpayers pay for their lives all the time?

Jail is a better life for most people anyway, video games, activities, telvision, gym, sports, free time.. I say we should start giving people lethal injections for counts of murder. Murderers don't change, they will only do it again when they are released. The police are limited to what they can do but by this, it just shows that they still go that extra mile to catch these criminals, despite putting their own careers on the line. add to his sentence for time wasting!

What kind of society are we if we have to kill people for committing a crime? You're using a blanket statement on murderers not changing: by the time they get out, they're old men. They wouldn't kill again.

they have, and at least one guy died because of it, and the cop got off scott free. makes me sick. cops are the kids who got bullied in school and have never had a sense of power, so this is how they make up for it. and 'anarchists'? if the world/government/police wasnt so **** to people, they wouldnt feel the need to do these things would they? its not these people you should be blaming, its the people at the top ruining it for everyone else while they take home a huge amount of money without a care for anyone else.

Most shallow view ever! That's one tiny, miniscule event which was unfortunate, you're using that and saying that EVERY policeman in England was bullied? Do you realise how much work they do every single day to protect us? I watched that Ross Kemp show about human trafficking and what the police did there was unbelievable, they were excellent.

So why attack places where people work, where they have to earn money, to provide for families and themselves? Why destroy peoples livelihoods? Can't they be arsed to get a job or something? Or do they just prefer to sit on their arses and let the taxpayers pay for their lives all the time?

because no one listens to normal people? a scene has to be made to garner attention? i dont know. as for destroying livelihoods, well the government and police have done a perfectly good job of that. and i assume you're talking about the the student protests, surely they are at uni/college/school, not in work?

Most shallow view ever! That's one tiny, miniscule event which was unfortunate, you're using that and saying that EVERY policeman in England was bullied? Do you realise how much work they do every single day to protect us? I watched that Ross Kemp show about human trafficking and what the police did there was unbelievable, they were excellent.

Lol. Hypocritical post is hypocritical.

You've just accused somebody of using an isolated incident to generalise about policemen negatively, and then you've cited Ross Kemp's TV show (i.e., an isolated event) to generalise about policemen positively.

because no one listens to normal people? a scene has to be made to garner attention? i dont know. as for destroying livelihoods, well the government and police have done a perfectly good job of that. and i assume you're talking about the the student protests, surely they are at uni/college/school, not in work?

Wasn't just referring to student protests. There's the May Day "protests". And students do work. And if school kids are at student protests, says a lot about their future doesnt it. And out of curiosity, how have the police destroyed peoples livelihoods?

What kind of society are we if we have to kill people for committing a crime? You're using a blanket statement on murderers not changing: by the time they get out, they're old men. They wouldn't kill again.

They will get life imprisonment... Life over here is 15 years.. they only actually do 2/3's of their sentence so they will be out in 10 years, somehow I don't think they will be old.

---------- Post added at 05:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 PM ----------

Lol. Hypocritical post is hypocritical.

You've just accused somebody of using an isolated incident to generalise about policemen negatively, and then you've cited Ross Kemp's TV show (i.e., an isolated event) to generalise about policemen positively.

My father is a policeman so now maybe you will understand my arguments against stuff like this. He tells me stories about what he does every single day, he actually worked in the drug squad for a long time, working undercover, following people, etc. I know what they have to go through.

the police dont care about us, they care about thier own sense of power and self worth :) you might think they have done something to help you, but it will just be for a pat on the back, a sense of more power, a promotion and to line thier own pockets :) but hey, thats just my facts, im not ******** with you about it, you beleive whatever you want :)

the police dont care about us, they care about thier own sense of power and self worth :) you might think they have done something to help you, but it will just be for a pat on the back, a sense of more power, a promotion and to line thier own pockets :) but hey, thats just my facts, im not ******** with you about it, you beleive whatever you want :)

Sorry, but BS. Not having a go at you personally because I don't know you, but that post is absolute ****. The police around my area are fantastic, and do their absolute best around here to help victims of crime, and its showing. Its not a power trip, or to line their own pockets. Thats just frankly ****. And I do know what I'm talking about, as I have been a victim of crime, and they dealt with the whole situation sensibly, sensitively, and pretty dam quickly.

Back