Poll of the Week #2: Do You Use Downloaded Tactics?

Do You Use Downloaded Tactics?

• All The Time

Votes: 298 27.6%
  • Just When Struggling

Votes: 311 28.8%
  • Never

Votes: 469 43.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I used to use them in FM10 but, i just looked at what they used for those e.g. settings, and now I've never used one in FM11

I find it so much more satisfying to win with my own tactics. The challenge is taken out of the game if you play with downloaded tactics. Without the frustration and joy of tactics i feel that you wouldn't be getting the most out of your fm experience. I have really taken an interest into tactics in fm 2011 and i may not understand why my tactics work or dont work but it is so much more interesting to figure out and understand the tactic then to just download someone's super tactic that takes the challenge out of the game.

Cus i fail at creating tactics but i'm great at tweaking, i normally download a tactic and tweak it tons to my team and i still feel like its my own work, i may download tactics, but u guys are just as bad starting with man u , man city , liverpool etc. where's the hard work in building a team up?

I sometimes do, only if I get ****** off/bored though with the game.

I agree with Kris' post about the match engine though. I've created a few tactics for a good hour or two on FM going into complete detail about everything, and I end up getting smashed and changing tactics.

Then I can just go and do something so simple and it works straight away.

Extremely frustrating sometimes.

i used downloaded tactics, but i realized that make the game more boring, since an essential part of the game is get the right tactic for your team.
i can't get into any save now, so i'm trying to emulate different team tactics (Bielsa's 3-3-1-3, O'neills 4-4-2, and i'm currently working in the 3-4-1-2 used by Estudiantes de La Plata this season), but i dowload tactics in the site to test them

should have an option to choose that is something like just to experiment or ones thats are popular

I download a tactic and make it my own.. I always tweak things.. and usualy make a home and away version.. and one for when im loosing an need to do a bit more attacking..

I tend to do my tactics myself, I do however sometimes ask some mates how they play their teams if they are or have managed the team I'm managing at that time.

My answer is just for a change sometimes, not when the team is struggling but just because I want them to play different

I have tested other people's tactics out for them, but I've never used them for my own saves. I have asked for advice and have tweaked it slightly on the advice given though. I wouldn't want to use someone else's tactics! It would be like cheating, really.

Never, I enjoy creating tactics based on the team, downloading is pointless to me.

Downloading tactics, in my opinion, ruins the game, unless it doesn't work. If you download a really good tactic which really helps yourteam, you're very likely to thrash your opponents every time and end up winning without a loss. That's not what the game is about, as it should be a challenge to win, not an ease.

i voted all the time, but only when testing i use them

Never,because I don't know how to attach them into my saved game -.-