Poll of the Week #3: What Was Your First Version of Football Manager?

What Was Your First Version of Football Manager?

• Football Manager 2005

Votes: 614 36.9%
  • Football Manager 2006

Votes: 147 8.8%
  • Football Manager 2007

Votes: 168 10.1%
  • Football Manager 2008

Votes: 215 12.9%
  • Football Manager 2009

Votes: 180 10.8%
  • Football Manager 2010

Votes: 198 11.9%
  • Football Manager 2011

Votes: 141 8.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
my firsy fm was 07 but before that was cm 99/00 upto fifa manager 2006 then football manager 2007 onwards fifa manager has haas image rights and stuff because of the rights im sorry if this makes no sences and im off work and really drunk i appoligise

---------- Post added at 10:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 AM ----------

my first fm was 07 but before that was cm 99/00 upto fifa manager 2006 then football manager 2007 onwards fifa manager has haas image rights and stuff because of the rights im sorry if this makes no sences and im off work and really drunk i appoligise

My first management game was Champ Manager Italia 93 and then got every Championship Manager game up until Football Manager came out an then i started getting the latest FM each year (H).

Love the game dont think ill ever stop playing theis game.......

Last edited:
I remember lending my fm2007 to my neighbour while i was away for 2 weeks, when i came back he had broke it so i borrowed a game that he loved off him and snapped the ****** in half, anyways my first fm was 2006 before that i played Total Club Manager haha

My first True management game was Premier manager 1995 :wub: if anybody remembers it!
The days of barnsley being in the EPL

My First FM was 2007 using eastbourne boro on it! Good times

Started playing football manager in 2008 on xbox 360 then changed to pc when they stopped making it on xbox in 2009 i think. before that i played lma on ps2. (H)
also played total club manager and championship manager on pc in about 2004/5

FM 08(started playing in june 2009 lol). Then 2010 and now 11!! ;)

---------- Post added at 04:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 AM ----------

i m 15 yo old kid so i was 7 when CM series ended lol!! :D

I'm an American and like most Americans I knew next to nothing about soccer being as most boys don't play it past 6th grade here in the US. My first FM was 2010. I love micromanagement type games (simulating franchises in NBA, Madden, MLB games) and then I found FM trying to find similar games for other, more popular American sports. I started playing it and I am hooked. The only non-FM game I have spent any time playing in the last year and a half was Mass Effect 2...that is how amazing and addictive this game is.

Absolutely love it and now I can talk soccer with even the most knowledgeable fans I encounter. I even joined a soccer league with one of my Ecuadorian friends. We play on Wednesday nights though, so I'm not sure if that makes me a "Sunday League Footballer."

I adore this game and am a huge fan of this site and the commentators on it.

My first one was the 2006.
I didn't knew it nor CM before, so it ws the very first SI game I played.

CM1, so thats 1995? Nii Lamptey is the legendary CM player of all time!!!!!! Retired after CM 03/04 for 7 years but back with FM11.......

i started with fm06 so its the best one ive had
WAY more reliable than fm10/11
btw does anyone have a 2010/11 update for fm06? ;)

FM2010 here, but I played the granddaddy of them all Football Manager on the ZX spectrum <)

Im quite new to the FM series, but my first was 2009 that I started playing seriously.

Have them all since 1992 - cant remember exact which year, and its not called FM :)

Played a few games of FM 2007 at my mate's but the first one i bought was FM2008

My first was champ Manager on the Amiga think it was about 92 and Italia Manager. U cud thrash everyone by using a 1-5-4 formation ;)

07 for me, played about 15 seasons with chelsea before i bought 09, then 10 now 11 and im hooked! Just want the january transfers patch out now so i can play with Torres and Luiz :D

Started on CM 98/99 then the 1st football manager i had was fm 2005. Who remembers LMA manager on ps1? that was a decent game aswell at the time. There also was a Pro Evo manager on ps2 was really good at the time aswell.