flamindamon

Reaction score
My results are just getting worse now, i cant win any games now even against the easiest teams.

I was getting good results against teams now my position in the BSP is just falling.

These are my instructions and tactics, these are the chimney corner tactics, i cant remember who created them but I thank them because it is a well created tactic:

Get that DM arrow pointing backwards or dont have a arrow at all on it.

Vincenti seems like he's more comfortable in an AM role.

Personally i like a 5-3-2, with 2 Wing Backs. 3 Centre Backs. 3 Central Midfielders and 2 Up Top.

1 of the middle can bomb forward to support the front two.

But thats just me!

I think there is to big a hole in the middle of the park with your formation. the 3 CM would solve that, and the Wing Backs would still generate width.

As lower league teams I play 4-4-2 with a deep foward. It completely depends on your team though and how you utilise your tactics do your players skills. 5th is not bad at all, every team has a bad run of results but when you get one or two wins under your belt you'll be off like a rocket. Concentrate on morale if you want to keep these tactics, it makes a big difference.

Ok thanks, yer i was gettin wins now im just losing almost every game.

Be slightly less gung-ho attacking. JP is right about the DMC but also slow the play down a bit and spread it wider. You now need to develop a control tactic to use when teams are closing you out when playing your original tactic. What happens is that the longer you go without a goal, the more frustrated your players become, and the more likely you are to get hit on the counterattack. The game actually models that :) So you need a slightly less attacking version which is a little more patient to pull the defence out of shape.

Be slightly less gung-ho attacking. JP is right about the DMC but also slow the play down a bit and spread it wider. You now need to develop a control tactic to use when teams are closing you out when playing your original tactic. What happens is that the longer you go without a goal, the more frustrated your players become, and the more likely you are to get hit on the counterattack. The game actually models that :) So you need a slightly less attacking version which is a little more patient to pull the defence out of shape.

Alright, ok Thanks!;)

---------- Post added at 09:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 PM ----------

I drew to the worst team in the league.....:mad:

Last edited:
You haven't got enough creative mid going on.. let your DM just sit in the hole.. no going back or forward, just sit.. drop one striker the bench.. if they're both not getting any service, two upfront is asking for trouble.. push your wingers onto the wing. Wide and up there to get balls in to your front man. Gd luck.. let us know how it's going.

Agree with Hughwill. I'd also suggest turning off forward runs for your midfield (at least down the middle). You need to control the midfield a little more so that you can pull the opposition's defence out of shape.

I've just taken Billericay from BSS to L1. I found that in the Conference especially it was difficult to play with wide players because most of the pitch dimensions weren't very big. I started with a similiar tactic as yours with a defensive midfielder sat in the hole between midfield and defence but I found my midfield being overrun. I moved the DM into a central midfield role and played 4-4-2 but allowing the 3 other midfielders to push on. There's a Guadeloupe international called Jean-Cristophe ??? who is an awesome DM/CM. Also played with a strong CF and quick ST (ala Martin O'Neill) and that seemed to work. John Guidetti and Kayleden Brown are good loan/free's for lower league teams. Read the FM tactics bible it really helped me, Jean-Christophe ??? is a lower league Stephen Gerrard!!!!

You haven't got enough creative mid going on.. let your DM just sit in the hole.. no going back or forward, just sit.. drop one striker the bench.. if they're both not getting any service, two upfront is asking for trouble.. push your wingers onto the wing. Wide and up there to get balls in to your front man. Gd luck.. let us know how it's going.

If i take out a striker, which position shall i bring on?

---------- Post added at 07:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

Ok, i swapped striker for another cm and won my first game 2-1 with these tactics evryone is providing.

Thanks!;)

---------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 PM ----------

Last 3 game:

2-1 win
1-0 win
4-0 win;)

I do something similar, down the flanks and cross it in to my target man on his head. Put your Right and Left midfielders up one place to more attacking roles. You'll score a lot more that way, as they're nearer to the byline to cross the ball, but as there will be a gap behind them in midfield make sure your defence is good enough to cope with the pressure. That should get you more goals and better results.

With your corners, make them go to the near post then put your best header on for the near post flick on and 6/7 men standing on the far post. This is an incredibly easy source of goals and has got me 10-20 goals per season. Hope it helps

Rite, ok

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 PM ----------

How do you find out best header?

Put luke daley in for steve fisher but push him forward in to AML position. Do the same the other side with anthony thomas. Move vincenti into the central midfield position next to bostwick and take away arrows from both. When andy drury is fit, bring one of ur strikers off for him but play him behind a lone striker. Basicly ur formation will luk like an attackin 4-2-3-1. And it will work. Trust me !!!