Portsmouth to go into liquidation... or have they?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unlucky, shame for the fans.. But more importantly the people who will lose jobs, the small companys who will never recieve money they were owed..
I worry that we will go that way in the not too distant future..

Sacha Gaydamak has claimed that he did not sign a deal with Portsmouth after the terms of their agreement were fundamentally changed, according to Sky Sports News.

Pompey announced on Friday evening that the club was 'likely' to be closed down and liquidated after failing to agree a deal with former owner Gaydamak over unpaid debts.

Administrator Andrew Andronikou later tried to reassure supporters by saying that he was still hopeful of saving Portsmouth.

Andronikou insists the club could still come out of administration and is looking to resume negotiations with Gaydamak within the next 24 hours.

Portsmouth stated that Gaydamak demanded a very significant upfront cash payment which has put the club's future in jeopardy, but the Russian businessman has denied moving the goalposts.

He says the deal had fundamentally changed but instructed his solicitors to continue discussions.

Gaydamak also claims that Portsmouth's position shows unwillingness on their part to continue to try to resolve the situation.

If there is no resolution to the current impasse then the club could go out of business by Tuesday.

NO! I know this from the 1st minutes! I don't want POMPEY to "disappear", this means no more rival games vs Southampton and.... Poor POMPEY, imagine how the fans are fellin'...

---------- Post added at 12:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 AM ----------

BTW i heard that they'll be fine 2morrow

So touch and go at the moment, really really praying that Pompey pull through :wub:

Thank's for the edit as well Dunc ;)

I genuinely hope Portsmouth pull through this, i will donate £10 to any fund set up to save the club but only if Matt Ritchie can stay at Swindon until the end of season!

Seroiously do hope Portsmouth can come through this, will be a sad day if they dont.

So touch and go at the moment, really really praying that Pompey pull through :wub:

Thank's for the edit as well Dunc ;)
Me too :( :wub:

And LOL at your sig! :p

I genuinely hope Portsmouth pull through this, i will donate £10 to any fund set up to save the club but only if Matt Ritchie can stay at Swindon until the end of season!

Seroiously do hope Portsmouth can come through this, will be a sad day if they dont.
Thanks for the support,

and yeah, I still don't know why we let Ritchie go out on loan, he's quality..

Just when Pompey are hitting top form as well it is a shame, would prefer them in the prem rather than a few of the other teams. Hope it gets resolved as football would be losing a great club in general.

Pompey was a good team :(.... this is just stupid! Hope this ain't true at all..

Not being mean or meaning this as a joke.****.

Portsmouth fans, Thank you soooooooooo much for taking the news off Liverpool and Rooney.

Not being mean or meaning this as a joke.****.

Portsmouth fans, Thank you soooooooooo much for taking the news off Liverpool and Rooney.
Personally think you should return the favour and less us and few mill. ;)

Thats if you have any money at all lol.

Aw ****, I had a bet on Pompey getting promoted :O

Love to see Pompey stay in the league, even though they scored two last minute equalizers against us last year.

I just want them to play today, obviously the players will be under stress and if Pompey do fold, they will need to find new clubs. Let's just see them give in a fantastic performance tonight, and every fan in the country will be signing for them

They have survived long enough when they should have folded.

Won a trophy with players they couldn't afford.

Why anyone cares is beyond me. Sure it is bad for the fans, but as a FOOTBALL FAN, this is a disgrace to have gone on as long as it has.

Logic prevails, or at least, it better had do.

It just opens up the door to let every other football club fiddle with their finances and get away with it.

They have survived long enough when they should have folded.

Won a trophy with players they couldn't afford.

Why anyone cares is beyond me. Sure it is bad for the fans, but as a FOOTBALL FAN, this is a disgrace to have gone on as long as it has.

Logic prevails, or at least, it better had do.

It just opens up the door to let every other football club fiddle with their finances and get away with it.

I agree, Portsmouth deserve what they get, but you've gotta fell for the fans.

Prospective new Portsmouth owner Balu Chainrai has admitted the club are a hair's breadth away from going into liquidation.
The troubled Fratton Park club had been hoping to emerge from administration this week, with a deal agreed for Chainrai to return to the helm, before a last-minute hitch has placed their very existence in doubt.
Pompey had announced that former owner Sacha Gaydamak was demanding a significant upfront cash payment, a claim denied by the ex-South Coast supremo, and urgent talks are now required between all parties to resolve the impasse.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11688_6462549,00.html

Status
Not open for further replies.