Portsmouth to go into liquidation... or have they?

Status
Not open for further replies.
But administrator Andrew Andronikou insisted weekend talks could lead to a "satisfactory conclusion".
The club have been in a precarious position since the most recent plan to exit administration was vetoed on 14 October by the Football League.
The club initially went into administration in February with debts of about £120m and received a nine-point penalty that made their relegation to the Championship almost inevitable.
o.gif
606: DEBATE
The news looks bad, really bad and as a fan of this beautiful game I hope that this can be turned around
TheGreatestSportsman
Gaydamak was Portsmouth's owner between 2006 and 2009 before selling the club to Sulaiman Al Fahim.
"Despite the new owners fulfilling all the requirements of the Football League and the creditors, and agreeing and signing up to the required terms of the purchase of the club, at the 11th hour the goalposts have been moved by Gaydamak," said Pompey in a statement.
Andronikou added: "We've reached a serious impasse in our negotiations with Sacha Gaydamak and until we can reach agreement with him there is a significant risk that the club will have to be liquidated.
"We have agreed terms with every other party involved but there is now this new obstacle that must be cleared. We are trying to get Sacha Gaydamak to see sense.
"I'm hopeful that within the next 24 hours we can get the parties around the table and we can renegotiate to everyone's satisfaction."
o.gif

This could be the death knell of the club
Colin Farmery - Portsmouth Supporters Trust
As well as Barclays, Gaydamak and another former owner Balram Chainrai are the club's main secured creditors.
Gaydamak has claimed he has secured debt of more than £2.2m, of which he has asked for an unspecified amount upfront.
But lawyer Guy Thomas believes the latest development is likely to be a negotiating tactic.
"This looks more like a shot across Gaydamak bow," Thomas of SA Law told BBC Sport. "Andronikou might well be hoping that the kind of public pressure that emerged with Manchester United's spat with Wayne Rooney will bring a change of heart from Gaydamak.
"Other Championship clubs will also be very concerned by the effect of this development on the league."
The last Football League clubs to go out of business were Aldershot and Maidstone in 1992.
After a poor start to the season, Portsmouth are unbeaten in their last five games and have picked up 13 out of 15 points.
They are due to play away at Hull on Saturday and the game is expected to go ahead.
"The atmosphere, I mean it's been very good lately because we're on the up on the field," said Colin Farmery, from the Portsmouth Supporters Trust.
"It's been off the field that we've had all the problems and this is perhaps going to be the death knell of the club."

But administrator Andrew Andronikou insisted weekend talks could lead to a "satisfactory conclusion".
The club have been in a precarious position since the most recent plan to exit administration was vetoed on 14 October by the Football League.
The club initially went into administration in February with debts of about £120m and received a nine-point penalty that made their relegation to the Championship almost inevitable.
o.gif
606: DEBATE
The news looks bad, really bad and as a fan of this beautiful game I hope that this can be turned around
TheGreatestSportsman
Gaydamak was Portsmouth's owner between 2006 and 2009 before selling the club to Sulaiman Al Fahim.
"Despite the new owners fulfilling all the requirements of the Football League and the creditors, and agreeing and signing up to the required terms of the purchase of the club, at the 11th hour the goalposts have been moved by Gaydamak," said Pompey in a statement.
Andronikou added: "We've reached a serious impasse in our negotiations with Sacha Gaydamak and until we can reach agreement with him there is a significant risk that the club will have to be liquidated.
"We have agreed terms with every other party involved but there is now this new obstacle that must be cleared. We are trying to get Sacha Gaydamak to see sense.
"I'm hopeful that within the next 24 hours we can get the parties around the table and we can renegotiate to everyone's satisfaction."
o.gif

This could be the death knell of the club
Colin Farmery - Portsmouth Supporters Trust
As well as Barclays, Gaydamak and another former owner Balram Chainrai are the club's main secured creditors.
Gaydamak has claimed he has secured debt of more than £2.2m, of which he has asked for an unspecified amount upfront.
But lawyer Guy Thomas believes the latest development is likely to be a negotiating tactic.
"This looks more like a shot across Gaydamak bow," Thomas of SA Law told BBC Sport. "Andronikou might well be hoping that the kind of public pressure that emerged with Manchester United's spat with Wayne Rooney will bring a change of heart from Gaydamak.
"Other Championship clubs will also be very concerned by the effect of this development on the league."
The last Football League clubs to go out of business were Aldershot and Maidstone in 1992.
After a poor start to the season, Portsmouth are unbeaten in their last five games and have picked up 13 out of 15 points.
They are due to play away at Hull on Saturday and the game is expected to go ahead.
"The atmosphere, I mean it's been very good lately because we're on the up on the field," said Colin Farmery, from the Portsmouth Supporters Trust.
"It's been off the field that we've had all the problems and this is perhaps going to be the death knell of the club."
I wish it would just get all over and done with, I honestly do. This tension is killing me.

In my eyes, Peter Storrie is the main one to blame, correct me if im wrong, but i think he spent money on players he simply didnt have, and sure that helped win a Fa cup, but I'm sure pompey fans would happily give that fa cup back if they could remain as a club. Harry Redknapp isnt entirely to blame, but he does spend a lot of money, whatever club he manages. I am sorry to see Portsmouth go, whenever West ham have played them, there has been an awesome atmosphere created by the loyal fans.

Im sorry as I am from the south of england it is a great sadness that one of the very few top clubs from the south may be going.

Max in my opinion you should stick to Pompey if they reform because even if they are under a different name the heart of pompey will remain.

And on a darker note this has to be a big warning to football league clubs as I believe Pompey may be the first of many due to the somewhat shocking state of the finances of english clubs

In my eyes, Peter Storrie is the main one to blame, correct me if im wrong, but i think he spent money on players he simply didnt have, and sure that helped win a Fa cup, but I'm sure pompey fans would happily give that fa cup back if they could remain as a club. Harry Redknapp isnt entirely to blame, but he does spend a lot of money, whatever club he manages. I am sorry to see Portsmouth go, whenever West ham have played them, there has been an awesome atmosphere created by the loyal fans.
I think you can blame Storrie to a degree, he is the one who should know what transfers will make us go bust and he should also have the backbone to say 'no' to Redknapp on transfers, which is what he never did. What Redknapp wanted, Redknapp got at Pompey. It's not the same at Spurs, Levy isn't like that, so it's highly unlikely he'll get to spend as much there. But, I don't blame Redknapp and never really have, if your given a budget as a manager your entitled to spend it without question because it's your job. This is now where the owner and Storrie come into it because they had no restrictions or limits with Redknapp, and what Redknapp wanted he got until it was actually not financially possible to do it and keep the club afloat. We sold players for cheap like Matty Taylor for about £3m, a player you could of easily gotten about £6-7m for. The main problem with us is that we were to desperate to sell to accomodate Redknapp's transfer targets. He wanted Diarra, we sold Taylor for a **** price and then gave him a little extra cash to fund the Diarra move, a deal we're still paying at this moment in time.

If an owner and chief executive run a football club, and have a manager who loves to splash the cash, you must have a backbone and the ability to tell someone 'no', otherwise it all goes wrong, and it all ends up like this.

Im sorry as I am from the south of england it is a great sadness that one of the very few top clubs from the south may be going.

Max in my opinion you should stick to Pompey if they reform because even if they are under a different name the heart of pompey will remain.

And on a darker note this has to be a big warning to football league clubs as I believe Pompey may be the first of many due to the somewhat shocking state of the finances of english clubs

And i got a feeling were going to go next :'(

Also if they do go dont be too down just look at AFC Wimbledon rising from the ashes, two more promotions and then its a case of MK Dons move over the real dons are back

If anyone of you guys do find out any updates on Pompey's situation, I'd really appreciate it if you let me know or posted it on this thread. I don't have Sky Sports News due to me having ****** freeview at the moment so I'm kinda lost in this whole thing, and I can't be bothered continually checking BBC and Sky Sports websites, thanks. x

This would be a true tragedy if it did happen. Portsmouth were still playing top flight football last year. To hit this radical low is seriously sad. Everyone knows they've got a great set of fans. Not sure if hes been mentioned but Mr Portsmouth, I dread to think what he'd do if the club liquadidated. Lets just pray for the best.

They just genuinely don't deserve it, great fans, great passion and no bad reputation to go by.. :( I hope they can bounce back.

Its a sad day for football when Wayne Rooney can sign a £150k a week contract and Portsmouth go out of buisness.
That`s life : You never get what you deserve ... you get what`s coming next !!!
Sad for those fans , they are cool.

really not happy at all about this, sorry to the brilliant fans, especially the crazy Pompey fan :p

defo were the best in the Premiership :(

Will the game be on tommorow?
Yeah it'll been on tomorrow, can't see us doing much at all though to be honest.

The players won't be able to concentrate properly, nor will the manager knowing that this could be the clubs last ever game and they could all be out of a job tomorrow. :S

Yeah it'll been on tomorrow, can't see us doing much at all though to be honest.

The players won't be able to concentrate properly, nor will the manager knowing that this could be the clubs last ever game and they could all be out of a job tomorrow. :S

Thank ****. I've bet againstt yous in my coupon tommorow

Status
Not open for further replies.