Portugal 23 Man Squad Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Either way, no matter how many strikers they play, Queiroz is not fit for the Portugal job. I see them getting knocked out in the group stage, the major faller at the first hurdle

Either way, no matter how many strikers they play, Queiroz is not fit for the Portugal job. I see them getting knocked out in the group stage, the major faller at the first hurdle

I just hope he doesn't continue after the WC, he has been doing a really poor job, and took all the confidence we had. Fortunately the victory against Cameroon brought us some hope...

We are in the Group of Death so it wouldn't be too much of a surprise really..

Nuno Gomes, Pauleta, Paulo Futur(prob spelt wrong) Eusebio... Liedson, Hugo Almelda...
Yep Big Difference

To be fair, Pauleta is our highest goalscorer of all time, but he only ever scored 8 goals in Major Tournaments, all of his goals came against small teams.

i hope england get to play them and beat so i can see that winker cry! i still hate him for getting rooney sent off the little winker.

What happened to Ricardo Quaresma? Injury or something?

Oh, I just remember him being quite good.

Nani's goal against cameroon was pretty nice.(H) Pretty much a carbon copy of the goals vs spurs this season.^^)

Got a bet that Nani will score more than Ronaldo at the world cup. XD Think i've got a good chance.

Nani's goal against cameroon was pretty nice.(H) Pretty much a carbon copy of the goals vs spurs this season.^^)

Got a bet that Nani will score more than Ronaldo at the world cup. XD Think i've got a good chance.

That's highly probable, as it seems Ronaldo is playing for Portugal because he has to. Nani is, for me, our best player

That's highly probable, as it seems Ronaldo is playing for Portugal because he has to. Nani is, for me, our best player
I thought it was a good bet.:D
Ronaldo aint scored since the euro's right?oO)

2 strikers? Although Ronaldo and Danny can play up front, but 2 proper strikers seems risky. Good squad, although I don't fancy them getting past last 16.

I thought it was a good bet.:D
Ronaldo aint scored since the euro's right?oO)

exactly, since Portugal-Czech Rep, for the group stages

---------- Post added at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 AM ----------

PORTUGAL SQUAD
NUMBERS

1. Eduardo
2. Bruno Alves
3. Paulo Ferreira
4. Rolando
5. Duda
6. Ricardo Carvalho
7. Cristiano Ronaldo
8. Pedro Mendes
9. Liedson
10. Danny
11. Simao
12. Beto
13. Miguel
14. Miguel Veloso
15. Pepe
16. Raul Meireles
17. Nani
18. Hugo Almeida
19. Tiago
20. Deco
21. Ricardo Costa
22. Daniel Fernandes
23. Fabio Coentrao

quite surprised about Joao Moutinho not in the squad. Eliseu used to own League 2 in FIFA 05

Decent squad, don't know much about any of those keepers though? Who is the new number 1 since Ricardo has gone too old?

Status
Not open for further replies.