Portugal v Argentina - 9Feb 8PM

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
2-1 for Argentina.

IMO Argentina played well in the build up and all since they have Messi and all. Could've scored some more probably such as two Pastore chances.
Same goes for portugal with hugo almeida epic fail miss

Portugal on the ohter hand defend very well especially on Messi drifting him outside the danger area and effectively counter attack Argentina's weak and aging backline (especially Milito he sucked).

Prefer Di Maria's goal really. Cheeky chipping assist by Messi.
Ronaldo goal eventho he showed his scoring instinct but if Argen had a better keeper he would've get to the ball sooner or block the right way.

Deserved result for Argentina, for me at least. Draw probably would've been a more deserved for some portugal fans, not a win though

__

Is it me or was it a pretty physical game for a friendly?

For Argentina there are no friendlies. They always with great intensity. It doesnt matter if they play Portugal or Sri Lanka, they always try hard.

As per the game, maybe it was a fortunate result for Argentina. They did have more chances, but a draw would have been more realistic. Now, Batista is slowly trying to emulate Barcelona´s system as much as he can, and trying new players, like Rojo (fullback). He had many injuries (Pareja, Higuain and Milito among others). Some players are not playing regularly in their teams (Mascherano, G.Milito, Gago, Banega). Portugal has a proven system, and great players too. So having said this, I believe Argentina´s perfomance was good, not great, but good. I am just guessing that if Pastore plays from the start, the results could be better. In the few minutes he played, you could see how well he connected with Messi. And then again, Messi, is a beast. Not only he managed to be decisive in this game, but also others, like the last "friendly" against Brazil.

Status
Not open for further replies.