Portugal's provisional squad for WC

we aren't ranked 3rd in the World for no reason ;)

You are.

(A)

I sort of hope Portugal don't make it out of the group stages, I'd really like to see Ivory Coast do well and it's really unlikely that Brazil are going to drop out at group stage 8-|

So he decided to just leave Moutinho out. What a nutter.

So he decided to just leave Moutinho out. What a nutter.

Don't worry, he called Ze Castro... -.-'

You are.

(A)

I sort of hope Portugal don't make it out of the group stages, I'd really like to see Ivory Coast do well and it's really unlikely that Brazil are going to drop out at group stage 8-|

With the team he called, there's no need for you to be worried :p I wanted to believe we could go forward, but everytime we portuguese get hopeful, Queiroz does something that screws everything...

Can he call new players ?

No, those are the players who are going to be called if any of the final 23 get injured. After all, is just a way to give a role to those who should really have been called, such as Patricio, Moutinho and Ruben Amorim

According to the rules, he can but it is very unlikely that he will otherwise he would have named them in the provisional squad.

I'm also suprised that there is no Rui Patricio and also what about Ricardo Quaresma, well I can't say I'm suprised he's barely had a sniff at Inter this year.

Dont like the look of that team at all :S

Not up there with the other big teams at all

I'm also suprised that there is no Rui Patricio and also what about Ricardo Quaresma, well I can't say I'm suprised he's barely had a sniff at Inter this year.

Quaresma is too good for Queiroz to call. If he did that he would give the image of a decent manager... XD

was somewhat disappointed when this squad was announced, several players that never really impressed.
Daniel Fernandes wasn´t able to cope when he played in German league last season, Rui Patrício or Quim would´ve clearly been the better options. There would also be better alternatives for Zé Castro like Fernando Meira for example... Coentrão and Duda are in the squad to fill up the position of LB, both are fairly weak on that position. Coentrão, although a promising player as winger, commits way too many fouls when playing there same with Veloso, and Duda is just ****. Also would´ve liked to see Carlos Martins in the squad, someone who´s confident enough to try his luck from long range.