Possesion, goals and clean sheets - Tested with Barcelona and Boca Juniors

this work on the latest patch the bottom link? cheers
Yes. Not quite like in the first patch, i would say, but it was a champions league winning tactic for me, and still creates a lot of CCC and possession.

Unfortunately im using other tweaks than that one, so i have not testes the same tactic without tweaks for several seasons :(

Last edited:
If people are having results with this, please feel free to share... even if it's bad ones..... i can go into more detail if you would all like, or make my own thread as i do not want to interrupt or claim to steal this tactic who was genius in the first patch! Rodrigo4073 deserves all credit!

Results for me, as of 4th season is mixed, but a thing that joys me is that there are no feverishly rush in any place of the pitch, even the center backs are so comfortable on the ball and never kicks it under pressure... A real pleasure for a possession-passionate manager :D

Thanks fj2650! You can do what you want with the tactics, actually my intentions when i created this post was to help, i don't look for recognition or anything, so do whatever you want mate!

By the way, taking a break from exams i played almost half a season with an improved version of the first tactic i posted (of course, for 13.1.3 now) and i'm getting excelent results with Celtic, i post a screenshot, i will post the tactic today or tomorrow if i think is good enough!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Celtic are a pretty good team in the Scottish league,I personally think that if you really wanna test it, it needs to be average teams in their leagues, so not Celtic, Barcelona or Boca....!

Celtic are a pretty good team in the Scottish league,I personally think that if you really wanna test it, it needs to be average teams in their leagues, so not Celtic, Barcelona or Boca....!
Maybe you are right, but i didn't focus on the Scottish League, i holidayed those matches (and my assistant isn't good enough), but it was in the Champions where i wanted to have a real test, and i've already played the full season, and finished First in the Champions group with Zenit, PSG and Chelsea, we defeated Porto in 1st knockout round, and we lost next round against Arsenal after an unlucky second match. In the meantime, and "holidaying" we won the league and the cup, losing only one match in the league, i think it was a pretty good test honestly, and you can see the team in the screenshot in my last post, it's definitely mid/low for the English Premier League or Champions standards.

Last edited:
rodrigo, amazing results m8, is there an updated version? also what kind of training and match training do you use ? any other tricks? thanks

rodrigo, amazing results m8, is there an updated version? also what kind of training and match training do you use ? any other tricks? thanks

Yes, i'm just doing my last test of the updated tactic, but i will make a new post because besides the similarities in the style of playing, the man to man assigned marking is useless in this new version, so i think that is a huge difference between one and another tactic. And it will be better and simpler, because it's pure plug'n'play. I will specify training and all that stuff in the post. Cheers.

Looking forward to the new version had great success with this version took my side a while to get used to it but once they clicked was amazing, any news when you are putting it on the site??

Will this tactic be updated for v13.2?Because i am currently using it and i think it must be tweaked a bit. The defensive behavior is a bit unbalanced in 2 matches i concided 5 goals. Before the update i concided only 20 goals in the league and 7 on CL. Please could you make an update for this tactic?

Last edited:
Just a question, what's the advantage to setting this tactic to counterattack? I've been trying and failing to successfully implement a passing style to my Liverpool team and I've been using control, but that I often find that we don't create enough clear cut chances and just shoot on sight. Does counter solve that problem?

Just a question, what's the advantage to setting this tactic to counterattack? I've been trying and failing to successfully implement a passing style to my Liverpool team and I've been using control, but that I often find that we don't create enough clear cut chances and just shoot on sight. Does counter solve that problem?​
I used counter so my team had a better defensive behaviour and also a fast counter attack when needed, because i used a possession style of football but sometimes we need to push higher up and take advantage of the speed of my players.

Last edited:
Back