Possession 101 by Raikan007

• Thread starter Thread starter Raikan007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 56
  • Views Views 19K

Raikan007

Reaction score
I have been messing around with creating a new possession tactic using the modern tactic creator as my Short and Sweet was using the classic style and am having a bit of fun so far..

I am trying several different formations ranging for 2-8-0 and 3-7-0 with wingers/wingbacks, some even with one defender, some with 3 amc's and 3 cm's and one dm etc...

I have not yet decided on a tactic but I am in the process of getting a pass heavy tactic that will score goals as well.. I might make this my last project before Fm13

The reason why I am not going to use a striker is that I want that player to get passes as well, I might end up utilizing one though depending on how things develop :)

The reason for this is for one, I would like feedback and tips from anyone that is willing and discussions for this particular tactic, then once it has been developed enough to start getting feedback, we can all mess around with it and hopefully as a community, develop a monster possession/passing/scoring tactic which we then can all use etc..

Thought this might be a cool thing to do as it (to my knowledge) has never been attempted before!

Formations/Results/Analysis:

(I cannot remember which results was from which tactic though) I am still in the early development of creating this tactic so results may vary and to be honest, have not been that great, but it is a process and it takes a while to get right!

So let me know if you are keen and we can go ahead :) I have two main formations that produce the best passing results so far, will work on those as the template...

View attachment 267997View attachment 268011View attachment 268012View attachment 268013View attachment 268014View attachment 268015View attachment 268016View attachment 268017View attachment 268018View attachment 268019View attachment 268020View attachment 268021View attachment 268022View attachment 268023View attachment 268010View attachment 268009View attachment 268008View attachment 267998View attachment 267995View attachment 267994View attachment 267993View attachment 267999View attachment 268000View attachment 268001View attachment 268002View attachment 268003View attachment 268004View attachment 268005View attachment 268006View attachment 268007View attachment 268024

Good idea, since the other tactic that supposedly reached the aim perfectly went wrong because the owner wanted to make a quick buck. You've got a good tactic so it will be a good base for everyone to build on.

Good idea, since the other tactic that supposedly reached the aim perfectly went wrong because the owner wanted to make a quick buck. You've got a good tactic so it will be a good base for everyone to build on.

TBH, I and a few other mods determined that he had taken that Taktizz tactic that racks up like 1000 passes but has one key pass per game: LINK and just made one or two small changes.. if any :) or used FMRTE!

TBH, I and a few other mods determined that he had taken that Taktizz tactic that racks up like 1000 passes but has one key pass per game: LINK and just made one or two small changes.. if any :) or used FMRTE!
I have never seen that tactic before so I would have no idea but it does look very similar. He could've easily used FMRTE in some way or another but not sure how he would've used it. I hope you come up with something better. I'm going to make my own possession tactic though, it may or may not work but I'll use you Possession discussion centre for help.

Last edited:
like the look of the first 1 if any one can pull it off and have a poss tac that allso gets you a shed load of goals it you

I'd say it might be improved if all defensive minded midfielders and WBs/FBs are set to hard tackling if they aren't already as that seems to work quite well for me.

well seeing as im allway manu was going to try to make a 3-2-2-2-1 so i can use the wingers but it might not get the poss or pass u need or the goals for that matter so thats 3cb 2 wb 2cm one may have to be a dm to help out the cb 2wingers and 1st but dont have a clue of how to go about making it

I see that Tactikzz "Possession Break" tactic has been mentioned here. I have previously used the tactic, and found it to be fantastic in racking up possession and passes, but perhaps lacking slightly when it comes to creating CCC's. In fairness to Tactikzz he does say in the article that the tactic is designed purely for possession, and its up to the downloader to tweak it in order to create CCC's.

Moving on, and hopefully onto something that you'll find useful. After using Possession Break, i decided to make a tactic based on Possession Break, in which moved the lone striker to centre back, thus making a 4-6-0, and altering the 3 attacking midfielders settings in order to make them more attacking, thus creating more CCC's and scoring more goals!

Raikan007, this formation

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/atta...07-sl-benfica-tactics_-team-instructions-.png

Can I suggest moving the striker to centre back, as i said above, and setting the strategy to Counter, but setting counter attack to no? This will lower the teams mentality, making them hold onto the ball more, without counter attacking and risking losing the ball. Then perhaps set the outside 2 attacking midfielders to attacking midfielder(ATTACK) thus making them get forward more, onto the through balls from the centre attacking midfielder? These are just similar things I've done in the 4-6-0 i made.

I see that Tactikzz "Possession Break" tactic has been mentioned here. I have previously used the tactic, and found it to be fantastic in racking up possession and passes, but perhaps lacking slightly when it comes to creating CCC's. In fairness to Tactikzz he does say in the article that the tactic is designed purely for possession, and its up to the downloader to tweak it in order to create CCC's.

Moving on, and hopefully onto something that you'll find useful. After using Possession Break, i decided to make a tactic based on Possession Break, in which moved the lone striker to centre back, thus making a 4-6-0, and altering the 3 attacking midfielders settings in order to make them more attacking, thus creating more CCC's and scoring more goals!

Raikan007, this formation

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/atta...07-sl-benfica-tactics_-team-instructions-.png

Can I suggest moving the striker to centre back, as i said above, and setting the strategy to Counter, but setting counter attack to no? This will lower the teams mentality, making them hold onto the ball more, without counter attacking and risking losing the ball. Then perhaps set the outside 2 attacking midfielders to attacking midfielder(ATTACK) thus making them get forward more, onto the through balls from the centre attacking midfielder? These are just similar things I've done in the 4-6-0 i made.

that tactic linked above was from a member here, cannot remember his name, he called it Napoli 3-3-3-1 or something and he asked me to check it out, I since then made several changes to it, I just realized now that it its similar to the Tactizz one (formation wise) but of course, in the modern creator :)

I have now scrapped that one completely as it was not used in any of the above SS...

I am using my own creation (from scratch) which is a 433 narrow but with no strikers, I have set the counter thing you mentioned above to try it out ;)

Have you changed any player instructions Raikan007? Or can i just copy what i see in that image and have the same tactic?

Have you changed any player instructions Raikan007? Or can i just copy what i see in that image and have the same tactic?

yeah changed all of the player instructions mate :) well changed from my tactic yeah.

Back