Possibly, The Best Spending Spree... EVER?

• Thread starter Thread starter Kylo
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 54
  • Views Views 11K

Kylo

MAAAATTT DAMMOONNNNNN
Reaction score
Fellow Managers,

I decided to manage Manchester City last week... I have already managed QPR, Sunderland, Leeds and Many more. None worked out.. So i decided to go back to the good ol' top fleight Premiership Teams...

The best thing about this save, is my huge squad of brilliant players.. I'm currently beginning my second season.. My first season, my team finished a respectful third.. Going 14 games unbeaten, somehow.. Due to our defence being terrible.. This suprised me..

But this thread is to reveal what signings i have made.. A few have been coups.. Others amazing deals.. but now.. I'm stuck with a World Class team that all want to play..

Heres My Signings in the first and second seaon..

FABREGAS => 53M
VAN NISTELROOY => 3M
GALLAS => 3M
DZEKO => 26M
RAFINHA => 10M
DECO => FREE
VARGAS => 9.25M
BELLETTI => FREE
MIGUEL VELOSO => 20M
FRANCK RIBERY => 22.5M
PASCAL VOGEL (regen wonderkid) => 2.5M
ZUCULINI => 16K
DOMINGUEZ => FREE

CURRENTLY BIDDING FOR:

REINA (20-30M)
MASCHERANO (15-27.5M)
BALOTELLI (20M)
MODRIC (26M)
CHIELLINI (30-40M)

Can anyone suggest anyone else i can sign?
I'm also looking for a great DMC. Possibly Viera, Mascherano, Kacar.

If anyone wants to know any tactics i'm playing to get me this far.. (As we are current favourites to win the English Premier League!)

I play 4-3-3.
Heres my sqaud:

GK - GIVEN (HART)
DR - RAFINHA (RICHARDS)
DC - TOURE (LESCOTT)
DC - GALLAS/LESCOTT/RICHARDS
DL - JUAN MANUEL VARGAS (BRIDGE)
DMC - MIGUEL VELOSO (DE JONG)
MC - FABREGAS (KROOS)
MC - BARRY (DECO)
AMR - RIBERY (IRELAND)
AML - ROBINHO (VARGAS)
ST - TEVEZ (DZEKO/ADEBAYOR/ROBINHO/VAN NISTELROOY)

I think this squad is amazing due to this only being my second season..

U dnt need a defensive mid u got veloso and de Jong be how the **** did u get the money

You are currently bidding on 100 million worth of players and have already spent 150 million, 250 million by start of your second season..???

Looks a great team.

I haven't played Adebayor in 25 games though.. oO)
1 Striker upfront is great with players like Tevez.. But no-one wants to buy Adebayor!

U dnt need a defensive mid u got veloso and de Jong be how the **** did u get the money

Yes, but i'm looking to sell De Jong and Kompany.. Veloso seems to get injured a lot with my teams.. But maybe i can get a good Free Transfer defensive mid. :)

And, the money was.. 75M to spend in first season.. 86M to spend in the next..

I also sold a great deal of players.. And got a lot of money from loans.. Heres a few sales i made..

Santa Cruz to Sunderland - 7.5M
Martin Petrov to Newcastle - 2.5M
Benjani to Portsmouth - 250K
Shaun Wright-Phillips had two loan deals in two seasons. Both notching up 2.5M up front.
Pablo Zabaleta on loan to Tottenham - A nice 1.8M upfront
Garrido to Osanuna - 250K up front

This gives me about an extra 10-20M to spend. As i have less wages to pay in terms of Wright Phillips and Santa Cruz. Extra money goes towards transfers. I currently have about 1.2M left.. Looking for another player. If i do sell De Jong and Kompany. I will make sure i sign Reina.

---------- Post added at 02:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 PM ----------

You are currently bidding on 100 million worth of players and have already spent 150 million, 250 million by start of your second season..???

Yes. Im a BIGGG spender. :$
But at times, i was confused how i had any money left.. Like when i took in Fabregas and still had a lot left. Then had enough the next season to sign brilliant players like Dzeko and Ribery!
I did adjust budgets a lot.. But i doubt that really made too much of a difference..

Ouch, 7.5 million for Santa Cruz??? Should of got bit more, they bought him for around 20 million i think.

Ouch, 7.5 million for Santa Cruz??? Should of got bit more, they bought him for around 20 million i think.

True, but that doesn't mean he is worth that much and therefore won't be sold for that much.

True, but that doesn't mean he is worth that much and therefore won't be sold for that much.

I played Santa Cruz once in my last season.. His value went down too about 6M-7M. So any deal was okay.. He's currenlty injured for Sunderland ^^) He has played 4 games and only scored one. (A)
Yeah.. I currently have about 5 great players that want games.. A total of 4 strikers when i only play one up front is difficult.. I still need to sell Bellamy and Adebayor. No offers yet.. :@

mate as a city fan i would not sell kompany or de jong, definitely two of our best players, anyway mate no offense they are some awful sales, petrov zabaleta santa cruz and wright phillips would make my team every week but its your game i guess

im the only one seeing you got ribery for 22.5million!!! ?
i need to see a screenshot please

mate as a city fan i would not sell kompany or de jong, definitely two of our best players, anyway mate no offense they are some awful sales, petrov zabaleta santa cruz and wright phillips would make my team every week but its your game i guess

Hey, i'm also a city fan my friend! :$
And, i sold Santa Cruz due to me having more faith in a striker like Dzeko, he performs better..
I have not yet made a permanent move towards Zabaleta and Wrighty. Both will probably stay. Zabaleta develops into a good player over time, Wrighty is also a very good AMR.
But can you reply back and tell me who is better to replace Ribery when he is injured? Then i could sell the other.. ;)

you have way too many strikers imo

And yes, i know. But there are NO offers for Adebayor or any one else, therfore i can't really do anything to the number of strikers, i do try to rotate as much as i can. But with Tevez being named a better striker than the likes of Torres on my save.. It's hard not to play Tevez when he can score 32 in the Premier League like he did in my last season. Any things you can suggest too sell these Strikers faster?

I suggest instead of bidding for reina go for Akinfeev and instead of mascherano,kacar.

Also I think you should buy Giuseppe rossi imo hes better then the strikers you have at the moment

Ribery 22.5M and Zuculini 16K???
Ribery I can somehow even understand but Zuculini for what? His one month salary? Or a bit of someones daily salary if you are Man C

wow selling adebayor is a little odd, hes class no matter what anyone says, anyway i understand about phillips and zab now, and id get jovetic to replace ribery

Forget about every centre mid you have except Kroos he is a beast guaranteed 15 assists in the league every season

I suggest instead of bidding for reina go for Akinfeev and instead of mascherano,kacar.

Also I think you should buy Giuseppe rossi imo hes better then the strikers you have at the moment

Man united beat me to Rossi. And yes, i could go for Akinfeev. I really want a sweeper keeper though.

Ribery 22.5M and Zuculini 16K???
Ribery I can somehow even understand but Zuculini for what? His one month salary? Or a bit of someones daily salary if you are Man C

Ribery for me, was a class signing. He's already performing well. And Zuculini was a pure gamble. Some websites and threads suggest he is a wonderkid, both him, and his brother. I signed him to see his stats. ^^)

Zuculini will turn out good,2nd season in my villa save and performing pretty good and hes attributes are increasing fast.

Vukcevic will be a good buy aswell,performing really well in every game I have played so far,Assist leader as a MC and if you play him as AMC he can even become topscorer

Back