Possibly, The Best Spending Spree... EVER?

• Thread starter Thread starter Kylo
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 54
  • Views Views 11K
Fellow Managers,

I decided to manage Manchester City last week... I have already managed QPR, Sunderland, Leeds and Many more. None worked out.. So i decided to go back to the good ol' top fleight Premiership Teams...

The best thing about this save, is my huge squad of brilliant players.. I'm currently beginning my second season.. My first season, my team finished a respectful third.. Going 14 games unbeaten, somehow.. Due to our defence being terrible.. This suprised me..

But this thread is to reveal what signings i have made.. A few have been coups.. Others amazing deals.. but now.. I'm stuck with a World Class team that all want to play..

Heres My Signings in the first and second seaon..

FABREGAS => 53M
VAN NISTELROOY => 3M
GALLAS => 3M
DZEKO => 26M
RAFINHA => 10M
DECO => FREE
VARGAS => 9.25M
BELLETTI => FREE
MIGUEL VELOSO => 20M
FRANCK RIBERY => 22.5M
PASCAL VOGEL (regen wonderkid) => 2.5M
ZUCULINI => 16K
DOMINGUEZ => FREE

CURRENTLY BIDDING FOR:

REINA (20-30M)
MASCHERANO (15-27.5M)
BALOTELLI (20M)
MODRIC (26M)
CHIELLINI (30-40M)

Can anyone suggest anyone else i can sign?
I'm also looking for a great DMC. Possibly Viera, Mascherano, Kacar.

If anyone wants to know any tactics i'm playing to get me this far.. (As we are current favourites to win the English Premier League!)

I play 4-3-3.
Heres my sqaud:

GK - GIVEN (HART)
DR - RAFINHA (RICHARDS)
DC - TOURE (LESCOTT)
DC - GALLAS/LESCOTT/RICHARDS
DL - JUAN MANUEL VARGAS (BRIDGE)
DMC - MIGUEL VELOSO (DE JONG)
MC - FABREGAS (KROOS)
MC - BARRY (DECO)
AMR - RIBERY (IRELAND)
AML - ROBINHO (VARGAS)
ST - TEVEZ (DZEKO/ADEBAYOR/ROBINHO/VAN NISTELROOY)

I think this squad is amazing due to this only being my second season..

palombo is sick!

im the only one seeing you got ribery for 22.5million!!! ?
i need to see a screenshot please

I got him for £16m begining of the second season with Man Utd. Only had £20m to spend and randomly decided to bid his value, and they accepted :)

seems like man city is a definitely pleasure to manage for finances. im stuck with crappy finances with liverpool.

You will have problems when some of them dont play for weeks....and managing Man City should be classed as cheating.

You will have problems when some of them dont play for weeks....and managing Man City should be classed as cheating.

I've quit Manchester City after 2 great seasons.. And now i'm bidding for Championship teams. A lot of free transfers i'm looking foward to :D

Ribery 22.5M and Zuculini 16K???
Ribery I can somehow even understand but Zuculini for what? His one month salary? Or a bit of someones daily salary if you are Man C

i have no idea how you signed ribery for that little.

in my savegame the same bid and same price for Ribery was accepted from many clubs ..

and finally Ribery was signed by Real Madrid .. he did not like my Juventus .

The reason you can sign Ribery for so little is FC Bayern's financial problems.

I won with Man City first season and am currently winning second season as well as qualifying from my Champions League group.

The reason I could spend so much money on players was I paid over 48 months so only a fraction comes out of your transfer budget.

1st season signings:

Adler - $27m
Vargas - $8m
Mexes - $17m
Srna - $13m
De Rossi - $35m
David Silva - $37m
Mario Balotelli - $40m
Martin Galvan (Youngster) - $5m

2nd season signings:

Ibrahimovic - $57m
Fabregas - $53m
Ribery - $13m

Ribery for me, was a class signing. He's already performing well. And Zuculini was a pure gamble. Some websites and threads suggest he is a wonderkid, both him, and his brother. I signed him to see his stats. ^^)
Franco Zuculini turns out brilliant, really. His brother though, when I was Hoffenheim didn't have the same kind of potential unfortunately =/

If i was you i wouldnt buy viera anyway as hes not even good enough for the Inter squad, De Rossi is best DM on game though i think.

you could've saved 22.5million. Ribery ends up on a free after the 2nd season :P it's rare he signs a new contract at Bayern.

My Man City team would bet yours any day

Easy if you make bids with 40m over 48 months (only takes 10m out your budget) and 40m after 40 league games which takes none out of your budget. Got villa for 114m but only took 44m out of my budget easy.

Back