Post Your Desktop

Gregor said:
Im using same as Lee now.

Sean how do you get al the icons on that sidebar etc? Ive seen some really technical XP tesktops where its got tonnes of stuff built in like music players etc

You're so cool Gregor:cool:

The sidebar that Sean uses is called ObjectDock.

Redders said:
Can i download a windows theme and have it just on my username?

and does anyone know a site which will not knacker my computer when i download a theme?

Redders I'm not sure about things like Windows Blinds and Style XP but the theme that me and Gregor are using is just a normal theme and it won't affect what anyone else is using, they will be able to select it but it won't be made their default theme. If you want it just do what this person did here.

OMG SOme of you have messy desktops ie Lloyd and Douy.

Sean your desktop is boring and ****.

I have gone for a new look. With that theme mixed with a perfectly customised object dock and a new wallpaper....jealous...douy?

Not really, a James Blunt fan can't like Arctic Monkeys :)

And Kris, this laptop only have one Logon name thing so it's all my brothers stuff, like yahoo and nintendo, on the desktop to

I know mines a mess but it doesn't really bother me, i only use it for when i turn my pc on to open up AOL and MSN, then next time i will go on it is if i go on FM which isn't really that much. I just use the start menu most of the time.

Gregor said:
Sean how do you get al the icons on that sidebar etc? Ive seen some really technical XP tesktops where its got tonnes of stuff built in like music players etc

Well I use ObjectDock like Lee said but I think the thing your thinking of is called DesktopX where you can download a million and one widgets and objects to shove on your desktop.

DesktopX | Wincustomize.com

Kris said:
Sean your desktop is boring and ****.

I hate you :mad:

Redders said:
I have gone for a new look. With that theme mixed with a perfectly customised object dock and a new wallpaper....jealous...douy?

Your such a copy cat. I hate you too :mad:

I sometimes used the Man Utd versions of that kind of background like Brum Boy. But ive decided to start having Lovely ladies on my desktop :D

why is this a sticky ?

funny kid sean...

i like ur desktop redders (yn)

It's a sticky because it's a thread that anyone can post in and most people are interested in :pleased:

Surely that applies for most threads ? :p

Well I felt like chaning the look of my desktop so here's what it is like at the moment. I have to say I love it, it's just nice and simple. :wub:

Last edited:
its a nice desktop but your other one is better, i think. where do you get all these new themes from? they are interestingly good

Well I've just started to use Style XP so I downloaded some themes that wouldn't normally be able to be used on Windows XP.

Style XP - Link
Themes - Link

Would StyleXP effect all users on a computer (i.e. wil it change all users themes?)

Lee Do you have any good background pics.I need a Origional background?

Nothing overly special, but it's new and refreshing. I've just taken the chance to give the desktop a good old fashioned clean up also, was long overdue.

I think you should delete all the setup icons because i doubt you need them anymore, also for programs you rarely use just delete the shortcuts and use the start menu or object dock that was mentioned a few posts back.