Post Your Successes

• Thread starter Thread starter iamauser
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 555
  • Views Views 220K
After getting Southampton to the champions league (see earlier), I had a hard group with Olympic Lyonnais, Juventus and Olympiakos. Let's just say, this was a miracle:
1AA7219925747988E7F8C563FF9D71B3BDC6D044

I started a new season with Hamburger SV after being frustrated and bored with Arsenal and the English league in general.

Best fun I've had with FM14 so far. Really great first season with a team that not much was expected.

View attachment 392018 View attachment 391981 View attachment 392019 View attachment 392020

See Calhanoglu dominate the Bundesliga! :)

I bought Batshuayi, Stark and Kusk and signed Klasnic on a free transfer.

I sold Van Der Vaart, Jiracek, Rincon, Mancienne and a few others/released a few too.

My favourite players so far?
- Milan Badelj: God-like. Really. If you "understand" tactics you know why he's important.
- Hakan Calhanoglu: He's been my best player by miles. Had a little dip as you can see but bounced back well.
- Rene Adler: Great keeper. I might end up selling him if I get a big enough offer though.
- Kasper Kusk: Never heard of him before this save which is rare for me. But WOW. Great IF, inspired signing.
- Marcell Jansen: Never used him before. Will buy him again in future. Amazing CWB!

Special mentions? Tah and Arslan. Won 13 of my games with them and Adler in my squad. Dropped Arslan once. Got pumped 1-0 (0 CCC). Never again, ha!

Last edited:
And just to add to that... first time I ever won this award with any player/team! Wooooo (H)

View attachment 391971

So proud as a Turk myself... it's like watching my son grow before my eyes :'(:'(:$:$

And just to add to the story?

He won the award 10 years after it's initial birth of which Van Der Vaart, the player he has now replaced, won back then with Ajax.

There is a new king!

I started a new season with Hamburger SV after being frustrated and bored with Arsenal and the English league in general.

Best fun I've had with FM14 so far. Really great first season with a team that not much was expected.

View attachment 561890 View attachment 561967 View attachment 561887 View attachment 561885

I sold Van Der Vaart, Jiracek, Rincon, Mancienne and a few others/released a few too.

- Milan Badelj: God-like. Really. If you "understand" tactics you know why he's important.
- Hakan Calhanoglu: He's been my best player by miles. Had a little dip as you can see but bounced back well.
- Rene Adler: Great keeper. I might end up selling him if I get a big enough offer though.
- Kasper Kusk: Never heard of him before this save which is rare for me. But WOW. Great IF, inspired signing.
- Marcell Jansen: Never used him before. Will buy him again in future. Amazing CWB!

Special mentions? Tah and Arslan. Won 13 of my games with them and Adler in my squad. Dropped Arslan once. Got pumped 1-0 (0 CCC). Never again, ha!

HSV one of my favourite teams managed this year, although they have been nerfed in the 14.3 patch.

Heiko Westermann, BEAAAAAAASSSSSST! Played him as a LWB-att and he just couldn't stop scoring, won bundes player of the year etc. I think he finished with ~17 goals, winning 2 consecutive titles in the process :)

View attachment 561890 View attachment 561967 View attachment 561887 View attachment 561885

What skin is this mate? I'm looking at starting a HSV save myself.

HSV one of my favourite teams managed this year, although they have been nerfed in the 14.3 patch.

Heiko Westermann, BEAAAAAAASSSSSST! Played him as a LWB-att and he just couldn't stop scoring, won bundes player of the year etc. I think he finished with ~17 goals, winning 2 consecutive titles in the process :)
Haha, that's impressive. I realised he'd be a good option but I wanted to try play pretty football. As an Arsenal supporter I can solemnly say that media bias has RUINED that team on this game. They're bordering on "****". Almost every player is inaccurate in their depiction of them and therefor when I watch the games it feels "dirty". HSV was like "renewed" because players aren't subject to bullshit non-variables like injury prone, PPM, etc.

HSV have a really nice balanced team and therefor I used Westermann, who's now injured for 2 months, as a centre back to exploit his speed and pace so that my team can push way up the pitch.

I'll post a few more screen shots below of how I finished the season. Quite disappointing as I had a great chance to win it. But wow... in my 2nd season? Wolfsburg look ******* amazing. I think there's more "focus" on a league that the user chooses too. For example when I play in England they have the better transfers that "make sense". Now that I'm in Germany? Woflsburg have just spent about 70m on players like Draxler, Tiote, Nani, GroBkruetz, Beister (I nicknamed him "Beast Mode", such a shame, but they offered 11m straight up after rejecting 4m in bits) and the overrated Buttner. They have ONE impressive squad. I'll show you all mine though ;)

More screen shots for anyone who's interested (H)

My beloved Calhanoglu was my player of the season. Batshuyai had a decent'ish start but a strong finish - then got a 4month injury so will miss the start of next season :(

2013/2014:

View attachment 391427View attachment 391426View attachment 391425

My Best results:

View attachment 391424

And here's the new season I started...

Squad for 2014/2015:

View attachment 391423

Transfers in/out:

View attachment 391422 View attachment 391421

I keep switching between Euro and GBP. I'd love to be able to keep Euro because I'm playing in Germany but it's hard to use my "FM experience" when using Euro because I don't know contracts as well in Euros :( one day I'll learn just like I had to learn "weekly wages" instead of "monthly" (I ALWAYS used to use monthly, had to swap to weekly when SkyNews, etc, started using it to be able to stay "relevant" or in "context" not that I think it's right).

Taking Luton to 6th place in the Premier League in 7 season is my most successful Football Manager save to date!

Haha, that's impressive. I realised he'd be a good option but I wanted to try play pretty football. As an Arsenal supporter I can solemnly say that media bias has RUINED that team on this game. They're bordering on "****". Almost every player is inaccurate in their depiction of them and therefor when I watch the games it feels "dirty". HSV was like "renewed" because players aren't subject to bullshit non-variables like injury prone, PPM, etc.

HSV have a really nice balanced team and therefor I used Westermann, who's now injured for 2 months, as a centre back to exploit his speed and pace so that my team can push way up the pitch.

I'll post a few more screen shots below of how I finished the season. Quite disappointing as I had a great chance to win it. But wow... in my 2nd season? Wolfsburg look ******* amazing. I think there's more "focus" on a league that the user chooses too. For example when I play in England they have the better transfers that "make sense". Now that I'm in Germany? Woflsburg have just spent about 70m on players like Draxler, Tiote, Nani, GroBkruetz, Beister (I nicknamed him "Beast Mode", such a shame, but they offered 11m straight up after rejecting 4m in bits) and the overrated Buttner. They have ONE impressive squad. I'll show you all mine though ;)

Exactly this, but on mine wolfsburg did this every year, didn't allow the squad time to gel and underperformed, sacking every manager within a year.

Some of my happy moments...

View attachment 391240View attachment 391239

Exactly this, but on mine wolfsburg did this every year, didn't allow the squad time to gel and underperformed, sacking every manager within a year.

Some of my happy moments...
Goetze!! Nice!

I don't think I'll stay at HSV for as long. I want to try my hand in Italy or Spain after maybe the 2nd or 3rd season depending on what I achieve. Maybe even do something left field like apply for Castilla and try get promoted to Real Manager that way, lol. As for Wolfsburg... yeah, major fail. They're just above the drop zone. Even funnier? I just beat Arsenal 2-0 after a shaky start to the season. Luckily though, Gladbach who are 10 wins 1 draw 0 losses, just lost their manager who moved to... Wolfsburg! HA! They're doing everyone else but themselves (and Gladbach no doubt) a huge favour.

View attachment 391008

First time I finished a season with a team besides Arsenal, Wolves or Fenerbahce. Needless to say it's been the best fun I've had on this game so far!

I can just go on for days about this team. Thank you SI (and LFC Marshall) for finally coming up with an update and a version I can get on with after what felt like forever as FM14 was by far my least favourite game in all the years I've bought the games stretching back to LMA manager in the 90s. :)

Back