Post Your Successes

i beat reading 8 nil with newcastle in 2nd game of season but then finsihed 5th but won play offs lol i feel like i shouldnt be in the prem as i wasnt even near auto promotion

---------- Post added at 07:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 AM ----------

how the **** u afford to spend £12m with newcastle :eek: lol i got taken over and promoted and only got 2mil transfer kitty :(
he probably got taken over as well. in fact, if you search 1 of the threads, there was a guy who got 462mil transfer budget

omg its fine i got an extra 12m i wasnt accusing the guy of cheating i was just tryin to anticipate my own singings i just bough roque santa cruz for 3mil and he scored a 90th minute debut winning goal against man u woooooooo check my sig :D goin betta now than it was in championship, its a **** hard league, alot of tricky teams

---------- Post added at 11:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 AM ----------

finished 8th in first season with sunderland. managing to bought deco (1,5 mil) and angel di maria (8 mil). darren bent finished 2nd in top league goalscorer. best result ever been, since fm08. ^_^

I started with Liverpool (as I always do in each version) to see just what I could do with this game. The tactics took me a few early games to learn so I started with a few draws in the League.

In the first transfer window I decided that with Agger, Skrtel and Aquilani out injured (and the departure of Alonso), I would need a centre-back and a couple of midfielders to shore things up.

I went looking for quality on the transfer list and targetted immediately targetted Gabriel Milito and Raphael Van der Vaart. After a protracted saga I got Milito for £4.6m (afer awaiting his injury to go from red to orange for him to pass the medical), Van der Vaart for £7.3m, Camacho for £5m and Balotelli for £21m. (last day of window and a panic buy as I felt I needed another striker! haha). Luckily the board had actually agreed for my request for more transfer funds straight away and this left me with £3m and change to buy in a couple of youngsters that hopefully will either make me a good profit or become a good player for me over the next few years.

- After a slow start I ended up with the Invincible! achievement (bought the dvd but installed over steam) for never getting beaten over the whole league season. There were some dodgy games where we rode our luck and some where I seemed to change tactics every 5-10 minutes just to get us back into games. After a lengthy tussle with Chelsea for the summit, I won the Premiership by 10 points (Chelsea and Man City gave me major problems though and all four games were draws as was my last minute equaliser from Agger's free-kick away to Burnley!).

- The League Cup final was us against Chelsea and I needed Benayoun to slot home penalty 7 to secure victory, FA Cup glory followed against Everton 1-0 (Balotelli after 2 minutes).

- Finally in the Champions League final against Lyon (who had beaten Real Madrid 6-2 in the semi-finals - we put out Chelsea again on away goals!) VDV and Gerrard scored either side of half-time to round off a near-perfect season.

With a lot of cash in the bank and the sale of many squad players behind me I am currently revamping the squad for the new year. I have signed Robert Enke on a bosman as back up to Reina and invested £13m in Ribery to replace/improve the departed Kuyt and Benayoun. I am switching from defensive 451 tactics to more offensive 343 ones for this season in an attempt to turn nervy draws into comfortable wins (Agger, Carragher and Milito chosen over Insua, Johnson and one of the three on the bench!).

I am hoping for some similar success this season coming and will try to check back in to let you all know where this game goes in the future!

Cheers,
Chris

Sorry you must have cheated. I've started as Liverpool manager and had virtually no funds available, brought in Van Nistelrooy and Van Der Vaart (on loan) and just won the league? £13m for Ribery sorry that's just not realistic if true.

In my game I've got just £14m to spend in the off season but over budget on wages so I will need to reduce my transfer fund and selling players is not worthwhile as I've only get 5% of their transfer fees to spend

tho it isnt much of an achievement, i m playing real madrid and i havent lost a game yet for the league but lost a CL game vs Chelsea (grrrrrr) 2-3 :( away match! gonna get my revenge on home game hopefully (they have a brilliant team).
Bought Di maria and both Veloso and moutinho for next season cuz Real is broke (9k :( ).
Btw jorge andrade is pretty awesome for a free player tbh, also dont get van der meyde and denilson, they both sux :(
i ll give u guys an update till the end of the season, have fun <3

Currently playing Arsenal. Just finished my first season.
1st season:
4th in Premier Leage
Europe Champions Cup Winner ... i won all my matches against barcelona, bayern and Manchester United.. Final was Lyon. Lyon won against Real in semi LOL
FA cup winner .

I didn't buy much only brought in a few youngsters and Ocha(goalkeeper)

Van Persie 2nd in goal Premier League with 31. Only topped by Tevez 33 goals =.=

10-0 against Villareal B with Floreinta. Not sucha big deal, but loadsa' goals.

Looking to finish in playoff positions with Lowly Hayes and Yeading

got the game last friday and completed my first season Monday evening with Everton.

Having only bought 2 players, a left back who I rarely used and Beckham (free in January) who didn't play that great I managed to win the Europa League.

I also finished 6th in the league, doesn't sound that great but the league was rediculously close and I was just 4 points off the top! with 2 games to go I could still win the league.

was pleased with 2 wins against Liverpool and 1 against Man Utd.

Also coming back from 3-0 down to Man City to 3-3 before going 4-3 down and finishing up 4-4. In no small part to Lescott who helped out the toffee's by giving away 2 penalties!

i got the game last friday too !

I'm managing FC Dinamo Bucharest because is my favourite team from my country! I'm in the 3rd season as the manager of this team and I'm very proud that I've made a really big team, with big names, from what used to be Dinamo.

I'v brought players like: Mantorras, Dusan Kuciak, Antonio Mirante, Juan Pablo Caffa, Ignazio Abate, Federico Laurito, Digao, Modibo Diakite, Cristian Molinaro, Johan Vonlanthen, Mame Biram Diouf, Lacina Traore, David N'Gog or Rodrigo Possebon from high-level clubs. I think that, for the level of the Romanian first league, those are big players!

I've won the championship twice and I've also won the cup twice in the first 2 seasons.

I've achieved victories against teams like Valencia, Villareal or FC Porto.
3-2 vs Valencia (Mantorras 2 goals, Cristian Pulhac 1goal)
2-0 vs Villareal (Mihai Costea and Johan Vonlanthen - the scorers)
1-0 vs FC Porto (Mantorras)

I use often the 4-2-4 formation:
2 full backs
2 central defenders
2 center midifielders
2 attacking midfielders (one wing on the right and one on the left side of the field)
and 2 strikers !!!
- attacking mentality and flanks develop
- quick tempo
- very fluid
And it proves to be a very good tactic.

And I've reached every year the second knockout round in Europe League coming from Uefa Champions League.
I've become an FM addicted and I like it !

Last edited:
I'm managing Man City in the first season and i finish 1st at the end of dec 2009 wich is good ^^)

On FM09 i managed to save Luton Town from relegation with the points deduction, went on to play until 2015, securing promotions from League 2, then League 1 befow making the Championship Playoffs loseing 3-0 to West Ham, was sacked the season after for failing to reach them kind of standards again.

On FM08 i fell victim to the Stadium bug on the issue of the game, managed to get my hometown club Chesterfield to the Championship but was sacked for financial problems arising from not being able to expand my Stadium.

Anyway on to FM10, just finsihed my first season with Chesterfield. 5th in League 2, lost in Playoff Final 3-2 vs Crewe after losing to Bournemouth (Relegated) on the last day of the season at home when a point would have sent me up. Scored 91 goals in the League but conceded 62. Signed 9 players on frees pre season, ***** Topp (ended up scoring 36 goals) Luka Senicanin (CF, scored 20 goals), Godwin Antwi (RB), Zoumana Bakayoko (LB), Gary Roberts (CM), Fabio Ferreira (RW), Gary Frewen (LW), Lars Stubhaug (GK) Daniel Ayala (CB 50% of next transfer due to Liverpool). Highly recommend all these players, some take some time to settle in and some looking to the future.

Best Win 6-1 Home vs Hereford Utd

Worst Defeat 0 - 8 Away vs Millwall (FA Cup 2nd Round)

Looking forward to next season, hopefully challange for title if we can work on the defense, and very excited about moving into the B2NET Stadium.

I got the game for a while now, but i had been playing FM since 2005 Version.

I also noticed there are many Newcastle fans here :)
I started my season with Newcastle cause i like that team + it was in Coca Cola Championship witch was a really motivating thing cause i like to build a team and make the success, not to jump directly in managing the best teams ever, where you have money and every player wants to join...

So i think i sold at least half of the team in order to buy Vela witch turned out to be a great peace of business !

Now i'm struggling to sign quality players cause i promoted... I's kind of hard but i hope i will be able to cope :)

Here i'm sharing my success with Newcastle with you. Anyone got so many points in CC Championship ? :)

Be back soon ! Now i have to go search for players :)

cocacolachampionship.png

newcastleunitedn.png

First season with Leeds made quite a few signins henri camara, sol campbell and so on managed to win the league with 107 points and scored 110 goals. not the biggest success but I was really pleased.

View attachment 15949

I've reached the final of CL with cfr cluj in my 5th season and lost it with Man Utd.And this croatian player Kramaric wast Top Scorer.He is ******* amazing.
And i have to mention that i did not CHEAT at all.

First season in the premier league with Leeds, beat Chelsea 1-0 at Stamford Bridge, and just knocked them out of the carling cup 4th round with a 3-0 win :D

I got the game for a while now, but i had been playing FM since 2005 Version.

I also noticed there are many Newcastle fans here :)
I started my season with Newcastle cause i like that team + it was in Coca Cola Championship witch was a really motivating thing cause i like to build a team and make the success, not to jump directly in managing the best teams ever, where you have money and every player wants to join...

So i think i sold at least half of the team in order to buy Vela witch turned out to be a great peace of business !

Now i'm struggling to sign quality players cause i promoted... I's kind of hard but i hope i will be able to cope :)

Here i'm sharing my success with Newcastle with you. Anyone got so many points in CC Championship ? :)

Be back soon ! Now i have to go search for players :)

cocacolachampionship.png

newcastleunitedn.png

Dude, how did you get Diaby and Vela?!