potential new rule

Reaction score
hi guys i was wondering if you could start a new rule that if people start a new thread and there is something already similiar to it could you recieve a iferation or a warning from admin or mods but hey its only a suggestion

Why does that deserve a warning?

Why does it deserve a warning or an infraction, there's quite a few similar threads on this site.

its already in the rules, theres a points system regarding all types of misconduct, acquire enough points and you could get banned. but its such a hard job to enforce, the mods like kris, lee jp-woody etc usually just drop a sarky comment and then closed the thread lol

hi guys i was wondering if you could start a new rule that if people start a new thread and there is something already similiar to it could you recieve a iferation or a warning from admin or mods but hey its only a suggestion

Not a bad idea, but leniency would have to be applied to very new members.

Why does that deserve a warning?

To deter members from being lazy and not searching.

Yeah, this shouldn't happen. The newbie's will suffer the most - they'll join just to make a thread and ask a question, then get an infraction. Not gonna happen.

yh but if you get a inferaction or warning then you will remember to look before you post a new thread to see if there is a similiar thread

Wouldn't that bother newer members of the site, like mike_dale said?

Perhaps, I mean I see where you're coming from, but the new members wouldn't care if they're only on for one thing. Anyway, it's not up to me ^^)

I think it's an ok idea. However i think the newer members would then just pop off onto another site if they got an inferaction.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/misc.php?do=cfrules

ive only seen seriously bad spammers, guys requesting the games serial number to play for free and racial abusers punished using the rules that the site already has in place and we all signed up to.

the job of enforcing the rules is far too much for the mods imo.

so consequently (and its a feature of the site i rather like) the mebership of the site regularly band together to tell the dickheads and spammers exactly what we think of them....

dont punish newbies with infractions. abuse and report muppets who repost **** all the time. but for guys maybe making their first ever post i tihnk we should point them in the right direction in a friendly manner, maybe giving them abit of help as well, rather than just linking them to the appropriate thread.

This is an awful idea. Sometimes threads might have weird names and will be hard to find and if people can't find it at all, then they start a new one and get an infraction? How is that possibly fair? For example, a team got relegated so someone made a thread called "****** awful" so someone searches the name of the result or the names of the teams etc, and nothing comes up, how are they suppose to find it? Bad idea.

something similar to this thread already happens.
like below
its already in the rules, theres a points system regarding all types of misconduct, acquire enough points and you could get banned.

But mostly all the duplicate threads are made by member's who have 1 or 2 posts and never appear on here again,,,someone should make it clear that, when you are registering it should tell you to search before making a thread,,,,it would also help if the search box was made bigger

i agree with Max. this shouldn't happen and it is very harsh to newbies, who don't know about the site

Not sure if it's just your wording but am I mistaken in thinking that what you're asking for is that people who post duplicate threads receive an infraction? If so that is already a rule and numerous infractions/warnings have bee handed out.

Not sure if it's just your wording but am I mistaken in thinking that what you're asking for is that people who post duplicate threads receive an infraction? If so that is already a rule and numerous infractions/warnings have bee handed out.

i did try and say this. i think the thread creator wants every single mistake by a newbie to be punished. which is just impossible for you mods, not to mention a little unfair. i think the real muppets who spoil the site for everyone else are appropriately punished, and the rest of us (usually fairly politely) deal with anyone who has just made their first mistake