Powerless Extreme 4231 / 105 League Goals Scored! / 80 Goal Difference!

poweriess

Reaction score
Extreme 4-2-3-1

The Tactic:

View attachment 380803View attachment 380804

This is in no way a super tactic, its just a philosophy that works for me, plays attractive football and scores goals!

As you can see my 4-2-3-1 doesn`t consist of the regular 2 CM`s but instead 1 CM and 1 CDM the reason behind this is that i feel it adds stabability to the defence and allows other players on the field to be more adventures which helps goals to be scored. As the Inside Forwards are really attacking i felt it would be best to use a Poacher up top to score rebounds from the saved efforts of the Inside Forwards.

Ive gone with a Fluid stragergy as I want my more defensive players (CM & CDM) to be more attacking and contribute in attack as well as defence, with 7 defences players i felt that I would be solid enough to go attacking which results in more goals and we are still stable at the back. I didnt want to overcomplicate things so i left most of others default but i did change closing down and crosses as Poachers dont usually have good heading and are good with there feet so drill crosses will get to there feet instead of their head.

The tactic also contains counter attack and the offside trap so make sure your players have good pace and teamwork to make the most of this playstyle.

How goals are scored in this tactic:
  • Counter Attacks - When defending the whole team pushes up as a unit and try to win the ball back as high as possible and when they do they break with force often resulting in goals or CCC.
  • Corners - Ive used the best corner settings on this tactic as a result my defenders scored 21 goals and Zouma my DCL got 16!
  • High pressing and tackling - In this tactic alot of goals come from the teams high pressing and winning the ball high up the pich some times even as high as the oppossitions box!

GK: Your standard goalkeepr, a good shot stopper and good kicking and throwing to help with the speed of counter attacks.
[Aerial ability, Handling, One on ones, Reflexes, Bravery, Composure, Concentration, Decisions, Positioning and Agility. Kicking and Throwing are important to help with counter attacks]

Reccomended:
Ter Stegen, Leali, De Gea, Courtois, Koval, Ospina, Patricio, Bardi, Leno, Butland, Andrada, Areola, Ahamada etc.
View attachment 380828

CB: As both centre backs have the stop duty both must be excellent tacklers and pace, acceleration and teamwork is key to excecute the offside trap.
[Heading, Marking, Tackling, Composure, Concentration, Decisions, Positioning, Jumping, Strength, Pace, Acceleration and Teamwork]

Reccomended:
Zouma, Marquinhos, Benatia, Jones, Umiti, Jones, Papadopolous, Burdisso (Boca), Inigo Martinez, Matip, Varane, Caulker, Howedes etc.
View attachment 380837View attachment 380838View attachment 380841View attachment 381023

WB: The wing backs will help the offense and still be solid at back, they will also assist and contribute a few goals.
[Marking, Tackling, Decisions, Positioning, Teamwork, Work Rate, Acceleration, Pace, Stamina, Passing and Crossing]

Reccomended:
Santon, Balzaretti, Peruzzi, Faraoni, Rafael, Fabio, Corchia, Aurier, Montoya, Romario, Wallace, Alex Sandro, Danilo, Digne, Vrsaljko, Walker, Clyne, Carvajal, Alaba etc.
View attachment 380876View attachment 380878View attachment 380881View attachment 380885

CDM: They act more as a box to box midfielder running from deep and taking long shot oppertunities when they arrise.
[Marking, Tackling, Positioning, Teamwork, Work Rate, Stamina, Strength, Passing and Long Shots]

Reccomended:

De Rossi, Capoue, Sandro, Vidal, Martinez, Reyes, Fernando, Jorge Enriquez, Koke, Gundogan, Wilshere, Pogba, Bender, Garmash, Tachistdis etc.
View attachment 380894View attachment 380895View attachment 381024

BWM: The BWM will be more defensive than the CDM despite playing higher up the pitch, they will solidify the defence but also assist quite a few my main BWM assisted a goal every 3 games!
[Marking, Tackling, Aggression, Positioning, Teamwork, Work Rate, Stamina, Strength and Passing]

Reccomended:
Lucas Romero, Crisetig, De Rossi, Fellaini, Vidal, Sandro, Bender etc.
View attachment 380896View attachment 380899View attachment 381022

IF: The Inside Forwards will score loads and assist loads in your team they are main outlet when attacking they are set to long shot rarely and through ball often so they act more as attacking playmakers.
[Dribbling, Passing, Flair, Off The Ball, Pace, Acceleration, Finishing, Creativity, Crossing and Agility]

Reccomended:
AML: El Shaarawy, Bernard, Hazard, Reus, Isco, Ronaldo, Munian, Lacazette, Neymar, Draxler, Moura, Jese, Coutinho, Schurrle etc.
AMR: Lamela, Shaqiri, Rodrigo, Ben Arfa, Douglas Costa, Rodriguez, Deulofeu, Iturbe, Nem etc.
View attachment 380924View attachment 380926View attachment 381019

AMC: The playmaker of team but not only he will score goals too, he controls the game and everyone looks for him when attacking.
[Passing, Creativity, Dribbling, Flair, Teamwork, Technique, Decisions, Pace and Acceleration]

Reccomended:
Florenzi, Pjanic, Gotze, Maher, Kovacic, Isco, Coutinho, Belhanda, Holtby, Meyer, Leitner, Adryan, Wijnaldum, Oscar, Oliver etc.
View attachment 380928View attachment 380929View attachment 381020

ST: A real poacher, the man leading your line, sitting on the shoulder of the last defender looking to break the defensive line and run onto through balls from midfield.
[Finishing, Pace, Acceleration, Of The Ball, Heading, Composure, Agility and Anticipation]

Reccomended:
Maupay, Destro, Neymar, Rodrigo, Munian, Yesil, Niang, Fierro, Ademilson, Son Heung-Min, Lacazette, Borini, Abrl Hernandez, Benzia, Ocampos and Insigne etc
View attachment 380949View attachment 380952View attachment 381021

Tips:

Team talks:

Start of game:
Favourites: Aggressive i expect a win
Underdogs: Calm play natural game
and
Always say Assertive i have faith (2nd from top) to each individual player and when you sub someone on say i have faith.

End of game:
Loss: Aggressive talk
Draw: Aggressive talk if favourite, Passionate if underdog
Win: Passionate.

Morale: This is what makes a good tactic a great tactic, throughout the season i almost always had superb morale, make sure you praise players when they play well and make your team talks count!

Pre season: Throughout pre season i set my general training as balanced and very high and I try to arrange alot of friendlies against hard opposition to strengthen my team also make sure you arrange them for home games so you have a better chance of winning and boosting morale.

League Start: Throughout the rest of the season set my general training on balanced and average and match training on Def Positioning as the tactic always scored goals so there is no worry of not scoring and it strengthens the defence.
View attachment 380960

OI´s: I never used any but you could try and post below if they help.

Set piece: Dont edit the set pieces they will get you around 30 extra goals a season make sure your best header defender is playing in the left central position and that the takers are inverted e.g For the right corner have a left footed taker.
View attachment 380817View attachment 380818View attachment 380996

Team: Ive only ever tried this tactic with Roma 3rd season so i dont know if it works with a team outside the top 5 but please test and tell me your results.

Results:

I won the league 8 games early, lost only 2 games, scored 105 goals and had a goal difference of 80 goals!

View attachment 380977View attachment 380979View attachment 380982View attachment 380984View attachment 380986View attachment 380988View attachment 380991View attachment 380994View attachment 381013View attachment 381014View attachment 381004View attachment 381005View attachment 381037View attachment 381038

Key Games:

View attachment 380997View attachment 380998View attachment 380999View attachment 381000View attachment 381001View attachment 381008 4-0 vs Barcelona Home, All of my players had over 75% successful pass completion, and 11 key passes, we also won the ball 3 times in there box resulting in CCC´s, Our team made loads of key interceptions in our own box to stop goals and 3 of the goals came from corners!

View attachment 381002View attachment 381006 4-0 away to Sampdoria
View attachment 381003View attachment 381007 4-0 away to Napoli
View attachment 381009View attachment 381010View attachment 381011View attachment 381012 1-1 away to Manchester United, we created a good number of CCC even though we were away from home which helped us get 1 point!
View attachment 381015View attachment 381016View attachment 381017View attachment 381018 2-1 away to Chelsea, we absolutley dominated the currect UCL holders away from home having 5 CCC´s! We also made some crucial blocks, tackles and interceptions in our own box to stop them from scoring.

Thank you looking at my tactic please test it and post results below, sorry for any spelling mistakes im on a Spanish laptop so I cant spell check also I spent about 5 hours creating this thread and tried to give you as much information possible to help you gain amazing results like i did, if you need any more screen shots ask below.

View attachment 381203

Other results!
this tactic is good. passwork and movement is awesome. thanks!

however, Could I ST position using like giroud ?

I don't know much of English, so please understand

I playing spurs 16 games, 14 wins 1 lost 1 draw, it's best start

I think it works with underdogs. Currently have bitten Roma in first season with Catania wo any transfers!

finished my fourth and the best season with Everton (thanks to poweriess)

View attachment 388553View attachment 388554View attachment 388555View attachment 388556

so, all I can say, it's really good tactic, and what I like the most - creates a lot of opportunities to score :)

Testing this tactic with and underdog team of the Argentinian's second division (Ferro, media predict 14th).

Half season and sitting on the second place of the league. Greats results despite the tactic isn't fluid.

Gonna post some images of the season's result when it is over.

Great tactic so far, lovely movements and wonderfull scoring!

Okay I got it, here:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

My team are about 95% fluid with the tactics and here's the screen shot of the results now. Finally a 4-2-3-1 that works for me! :)

Last edited:
I like the look of this. I'll definitely give it a try with my Napoli save tomorrow.

how did you do when you played the gods that are juv

Very nice looking presentation you got there. Seems that you have put in a lot of thought behind this tactic. I'm at work right now so i don't have the opportunity to try it out right now. Very well done however. :)

I'm trying this tactic for Arsenal right now and i have a small question. What pitch size do you recommend for this tactic?

Will not be trying the tactic right now but for the effort put in the thread you deserve a good degree of credit.

I'm trying this tactic for Arsenal right now and i have a small question. What pitch size do you recommend for this tactic?
it should work with any but I used the biggest to give my wingers more space an please post some results

Very nice looking presentation you got there. Seems that you have put in a lot of thought behind this tactic. I'm at work right now so i don't have the opportunity to try it out right now. Very well done however. :)
Thanks mate I would love for you to have a go when your back

Ive just updated the OP with ss´s of my team sorted by goals and assists to help you inderstand who scores and assists the most (Under how goals are scored section) also gonna start a new save with a new team and see how it goes

Last edited:
I think it works with underdogs. Currently have bitten Roma in first season with Catania wo any transfers!