Powerless Opponents / Atletico Madrid Inspired - La Liga Champions! - UCL Finalists!

• Thread starter Thread starter poweriess
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 146
  • Views Views 51K

poweriess

Reaction score
Powerless Opponents / Atletico Madrid Inspired

Hey guys, this is my first tactic I've released on FM14, I couldn't seem to get any tactic to work for me including other users tactic due to the match engine being so bad on the current patch (14.2.2) but I have create a tactic that is amazingly solid at the back (Only 19 goals conceded in La Liga) which is amazing considering the patch, It also scored well too (90 goals).

Inspiration:

My inspiration to create the tactic was Atletico?s amazing form this season and their beautiful counter attacking football with an amazing defence. As a result I have used a 442 formation with the Counter match strategy.

View attachment 417645View attachment 417644 View attachment 417643 View attachment 417640
As you can see from the above images Atletico like to attack down the left flank, my tactic has recreated this and this is where most of our assists came from, Atletico?s real life tactic also assists a lot of the times by passes and as you can see most of my assists have come from passes.

Tactic:

View attachment 417642 View attachment 417641
As you can see it is a standard 442 formation with the main instructions being Higher Tempo, Hassle Opponents & Exploit the Flanks all common in Madrid?s IRL tactic. For some reason the opponents often tend to create CCC?s but hardly ever manage to finish them, this maybe because the ME counts it as a CCC whereas in real life it may not be. We ourselves always manage to create CCC?s and goals (Around 3 goals a game average)

Results:

La Liga:
View attachment 417639 View attachment 417638
As you can see we had a fantastic season in La Liga and kept a total of 19 clean sheets all season! But as the season went on we started conceding more maybe due to the opposition figuring out our game plan. We also scored around 3 goals a game which is amazing, some of the biggest and best games were Home wins against Barca & Sevilla and away wins against Barca, Rayo & Getafe.

View attachment 417635 View attachment 417634 View attachment 417633 View attachment 417632 View attachment 417630

For some reason the opposition manage to create CCC?s against us but rarely finish them whereas us on the other we create CCC?s but finish them.

View attachment 417628

This was the final league table, personally I think this is an amazing achievement beating Barca and Madrid to the title by such a margin as it is seen as one of the hardest feats to do in La Liga. As you can see we only conceded 19 goals and scored 90 meaning we bettered both Barca and Madrid and Atletico in real life currently!

Champions League:
View attachment 417625

As you can see we had an amazing cup run and well surpassed our target of the season (Last 16) by getting to the final and we only lost on penalties to City (14-13 longest penalty shoot-out ever) We had some amazing results along the way and was very unlucky not to win the whole thing.

View attachment 417624 View attachment 417623 View attachment 417622 View attachment 417622 View attachment 417621 View attachment 417620

As you can the tactic counters amazingly resulting in a lot of CCC?s whereas the opposition gets minimal CCC?s. From the above images and other results I think the tactic works better when away from home as the opposition is more confident which gives us more space to attack and exploit!

Player and Team Stats:

View attachment 417619 View attachment 417617 View attachment 417616

From the above images you can see that the left striker the Advance Forward scores the most goals due to them being the main man up top they also chip in with a few assists, the second highest scorer is the right striker he comes up in big games and assists a bucket load to! The next highest scorers are the wingers as they are the main form of the counter attack from corners and space behind the oppositions marauding full back, they also assist to from crosses but more frequently passes and through balls. The final form of goals comes from the box to box midfielder as they run up and down the pitch and often find themselves in acres of space when countering and at the each of the box in set pieces.

Set Pieces and Training:

View attachment 417614 View attachment 417613

The only set pieces I tweaked were the corners, I used Jassars for the corners but left everything else default, using these setting I scored 17 goals from corners mainly from the RCB so make sure he is the best header of the ball.

View attachment 417609 View attachment 417608

Thorughout the season I used the 1st training image with Att Movement and Defending settings with a rest before the game to ensure my players are fit, the defence is solid enough that we can use Att Movement to get more goals. For Pre Season try to arrange as many friendlies as possible and use the training method above to speed up the process of the tactic becoming fluid.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post I hope you enjoy similar success to myself if you have any enquires just ask and please keep me updated with your testing.

Download:
View attachment 417607

Last edited:
Issit usable for underdog teams since its mentality is more of counter attack ?

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk
Im not to sure only tested with Atletico, but i assume it would work if you have good strikers, cb and ck

Love the look of this, with a Treq upfront , currently playing a 442 different tactic so will plug this in and get it fluid. will let you know how it goes

Love the look of this, with a Treq upfront , currently playing a 442 different tactic so will plug this in and get it fluid. will let you know how it goes
Cheers mate, what team are you? make sure you use the right training and make sure you keep me updated :)

tactic is great, thing I like the most is that I injure at least 1 opposition player per match :D I allways wanted that, how did you instruct players to be so agresive :) and I don't receive cards at all.

tactic is great, thing I like the most is that I injure at least 1 opposition player per match :D I allways wanted that, how did you instruct players to be so agresive :) and I don't receive cards at all.
Hahaha i noticed that a lot! my opposition always got red cards and injuries and i got barely any cards! who have you tested with? can i see some ss?

testing this with my fc utd save first season see how it goes

Back