Premier League Chairman Game.... (If There's Enough Interest)

Tobey Mason

Reaction score

PREMIER LEAGUE CHAIRMAN GAME!

Hey guys... I've been championing for a Chairman game for a while now... One hasn't appeared and I understand people are busy... Well guess what... I'm going to attempt to do one myself. It will be a English Premier League Chairman Game and 19 slots will be available... (I intent to take part too).

You MUST Read the rules below before taking part...

THE RULES

1) To sign up you must have a copy of FM18. This is because I will be running my game on FM18 and so you need the same version to ensure that transfers are done correctly.

2) You must be able to regularly check the thread for updates and follow the rules of the game. Failure to be active or repeatedly violating the rules of the game will see you being removed from it.

3) Before joining, read ALL of the rules posted below and make sure you understand ALL of the rules.

4) Lastly, remember guys, it is only a game. Please be respectful to everybody who has just as much right to be here as anybody else.

General Rules

1) You may sack your manager, or any other member of staff, at any time. Doing so will require you pay the remainder of their contract in full.

2) If you are relegated you MAY take control of a promoted team.

3) Only realistic managerial appointments will be allowed, so it is not possible to being Zidane to Burnley. HOWEVER you may be unrealistic with other players managers(C2C -eg Mourinho to Burnley) IF you can agree a sum with the other player.

What is a realistic managerial appointment?: The reputation of the manager CANNOT be higher than the reputation of your team.

4) Signing a manager from another team will require you to pay a compensation value of the remainder of their contract. If it is a human controlled team you must agree a compensation fee.

5) You may set your transfer & wage budgets to whatever you like, (for your AI manager) but if you put them too high you run the risk of your club having financial problems in the future, so I advise against going too high.

6) Facilities may be upgraded at any time, however at a cost:
2,500,000 for a minor improvement to your youth system.
3,000,000 for a minor improvement to your training facilities.
2,500,000 for a minor improvement to your Junior Coaching.
2,500,000 for a minor improvement to your Youth recruitment.

I may allow stadiums to be upgraded in future seasons, but not initially (definitely not for the first season). Any upgrades done will come directly out of your bank balance.

7) I will be uploading the save game file every transfer window. The results/updates will be posted on the thread (monthly- game time).

Transfer rules

This part is very important!

First of all:
There are 5 different types of Signings:

-C2C (Chairman to Chairman): Basically signings within the EPL.
-DOM (domestic - Championship and lower)
-FGN (Foreign): Signing players from clubs not in England.
-FORu18 -(Foreign under 18 - youth signing)
-FREE (Free signings)

1) To sign a player from another team in your league you must contact the Chairman of that club and agree a value with them. You can then calculate their wage using one of the rules below.
Both Chairmen will then need to PM me with the agreed amount and quote the message showing you have agreed the transfer/loan, and once I have confirmed it then you can announce the transfer.

2) The number of players that you can sign is limited to the following:

C2C
Transfers between clubs in the league - Unlimited
Loans between clubs in the league - 3

DOM
Transfers from clubs in your nation, below your league - 2
Loans from Championship and lower - 2.

FGN
Transfers from foreign clubs - Maximum of 3 in the Summer, maximum of 2 in January.
Loans from foreign clubs - 2

FORu18
Transfers of youth players* from foreign clubs - Maximum of 2 in the Summer, maximum of 1 in January.
*A youth player is classified as a player aged 18 or under.

FREE
Free signings - 3 per season

Only 1 player can be loaned from any specific team. (for example you can't loan 3 Man City players. You can however sign 3 Man City players permanently). This rule is overridden by a parent/feeder club partnership which will be covered later.

3) The price of players is as follows:

Transfers between clubs in the league - Agreed between Chairmen
Transfers from clubs in your nation, below your league - 1.5 the players current value
Transfers from foreign clubs - 2 times the players current value!
Transfers of youth players from foreign clubs - Double the players current value IF they have not represented their nation.
3x times the players current value if they have represented their nation.

NOTE: If a player is transfer-listed for a particular value in game or has a release clause, it is possible to sign said player by paying the required amount. If both a transfer fee and release clause exist, the player can be signed by paying the lesser of the two amounts.

4) Loan signings

-C2C(chairman to chairman) Loans may be arranged between clubs for free, no loan fee is allowed to be demanded. Percentage of wage covered can be set at anywhere from 0% to 100% and is to be discussed and negotiated between clubs.

- DOM(championship and lower) loans are: £250k loan fee and 100% wages.

-FGN(foreign) loans are set at 100% wages £250k loan fee and 100% wages.

Note: To sign FGN/DOM/U18 players on loan, the player needs to either be unhappy at his current club or has a squad status of Rotation or below.

6)PM me the player that you want to sign on a free transfer. Then at the end of the transfer window I will put them all in the thread and there will be a blind auction. By that I mean every Chairman can submit contracts to the players, these offers will be sent to me via PM. After the auction has finished the players will join the team that offers him the highest wage.

7) You may release any players from their contract at any time, but will have to pay the remainder of their contract to do so.

8) If you wish to sell players then you need to post them in the thread as available. Other Chairmen can then make offers for them if they wish. If they are not sold to another Chairmen in the league then I will set them as transfer listed in the game, this does not guarantee that they will be sold however.

THE TEAMS AVAILABLE

Club
k

Arsenal
Disclaimer89
Bournemouth
ScottT
Brighton

Burnley
Hampus Silverholt
Chelsea
BallyC7
Crystal Palace

Everton
Leckuno
Huddersfield

Leicester
AW190
Liverpool
Coolmcool
Manchester City
Killeroo
Manchester United
Stonecold
Newcastle United
KLIPPYBO
Southampton
Ninjaskill
Stoke
RVP20
Swansea

Tottenham
Tobey Mason
Watford
Aklaos
West Brom

West Ham
LJW08

I want ALL teams to be filled in before starting the save... but once confirmed you can update your New Chairman appointment as soon as you like.

Goodluck and have fun...

Your advice is always welcome too!

Last edited:
I'm only seeing the table you drew out...It wasn't displaying on my phone last night...**** 'snow' internet.

I see Arsenal is free, so I'll take them.

Signed up to take part in this, if that's ok?

I'll take Bournemouth if so.

Looks like there's loads of interest in this so hopefully it goes ahead. 9 teams taken already

For all those who have signed up... You're IN!

Need more people so whip up some interest so we can get this started!