Premier League Chairman Game.... (If There's Enough Interest)

Despite all my years on this site I have never really understood how a chairman game works lol. What do you actually do? I take it someone has the save and an in game editor? How much time does it take up for each manager?

Sorry for being such a noob lol but I was considering going my beloved Newcastle but don't want to commit and then take the **** out of the rest of you (apart from Stonecold naturally lol) by not having a clue and basically ******* things up although my name is not Mike Ashley so the fans would love me lol.

Can someone give me an insight?

I'm the same as Klippybo. Would like to take Burnley but am scared of ruining them by not having a clue what to do.

I've jumped in hoping that I'll just learn on the go :O

I've never played so new to me as well. Sounds like a fun idea. From what I can gather, it's not massively time consuming for us....only for the guy running it. I think we basically manage all the player and staff transfers in and out of the club. Upgrade facilities if you want to. But the manager you employ as chairman does all the tactical side and team selections etc....so I imagine he sims all of that and we just get the updates on how "our club" is doing....and then make new appointments/transfers as necessary to improve.

Can someone give me an insight?

So the guy running the save Toby Mason will have it on his computer. He will run the save from there with the changes we make then post the save for us to download and put in our games file.

So the other players aka us would download that file see who we can buy/loan with the funds in our club balance do our deals by sending a PM to other in game players for premier league transfers and for the non premiership transfers we send them to Toby who sorts out who gets who

EG Burnely manager and arsenal manager both bid for Messi, Arsenal would get him since there the bigger rep team

Input for me its minimal. 30 to a hour minutes twice a season to pick out who i'm signing, if im keeping the manager. Then a quick 15-20 mins looking at the update when thats downloaded

I've never played so new to me as well. Sounds like a fun idea. From what I can gather, it's not massively time consuming for us....only for the guy running it. I think we basically manage all the player and staff transfers in and out of the club. Upgrade facilities if you want to. But the manager you employ as chairman does all the tactical side and team selections etc....so I imagine he sims all of that and we just get the updates on how "our club" is doing....and then make new appointments/transfers as necessary to improve.

Yeah that's basically it in a nutshell.

Also like you said the time consuming part will be down to the guy running the game. Trust me when I say that during the transfer season he will easily spend a full day using the editor to make the transfers, facility upgrades, manager appointments; take a lot of work so as always, massive respect to that guy!

I will go Newcastle then if its still free!!!! Stonecold I will see you at your work and pick your brains.

I actually think I could win a trophy in my first season which we haven't won in a while.................

th

I will go Newcastle then if its still free!!!! Stonecold I will see you at your work and pick your brains.

I actually think I could win a trophy in my first season which we haven't won in a while.................

th

Newcastle winning trophys?

So by my reckoning the teams left are...

BRIGHTON
BURNLEY
CRYSTAL PALACE
HUDDERSFIELD
SWANSEA
WATFORD
WEST BROM

​Let's try and get these teams a player so we can start this bad boy off.

Come on guys, there's gotta be 7 more out there so we can get started!

Tobey....what happens if we don't get a full quota....is the whole thing knocked on the head or can we run it with some simulated prem teams?

So by my reckoning the teams left are...

BRIGHTON
BURNLEY
CRYSTAL PALACE
HUDDERSFIELD
SWANSEA
WATFORD
WEST BROM

​Let's try and get these teams a player so we can start this bad boy off.
I said earlier i would take Watford if thats okay :)

Come on guys, there's gotta be 7 more out there so we can get started!

Tobey....what happens if we don't get a full quota....is the whole thing knocked on the head or can we run it with some simulated prem teams?

I will give it to tomorrow evening. Then Wednesday you can make your announcements who have taken over your clubs.