Premier League Survivor 2010/2011 - Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Billy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 56
  • Views Views 3K

Billy

#THFC
Reaction score
This thread is to accommodate your general chat regarding predictions, and for questioning other people's choices.

Please keep it all in here, rather than littering the main thread with your nonsense.

Much obliged. :wub:

That's a great idea Billy.

Will be tough to eliminate though, as most will go for Chelsea, Manchester United, Liverpool etc.

That's the beauty of upsets.

It wasn't my idea. Credit in the OP of the main thread was given to another forum, I just changed it a bit.

I've noticed everyone has gone with a 'safe' option this time. I wonder if/when people start taking risks.

Just to clarify, I will be adding a list of all of the participants (of which the cut-off time will be 12:45 on Saturday 28th) to the OP of the main thread.

Then, I will be monitoring those who make their predictions against the list to ensure nobody else slips through with a cheeky one.

I think the majority of people will pick Man Utd/ Chelsea for most weeks until they play reasonably tough teams, then it will start getting interesting :P

The majority of people will continue to pick Chelsea/United etc... One way to eliminate if we find that most people seem to be going through could be a week where you have the selection of games and you must pick one that you think will finish in a draw? Just a thought.

Or if you wanted a certain winner you could make it so that you could only select each team once. It would be quite a bit shorter that way but it could be interesting.

That's the beauty of upsets.

It wasn't my idea. Credit in the OP of the main thread was given to another forum, I just changed it a bit.

I've noticed everyone has gone with a 'safe' option this time. I wonder if/when people start taking risks.
Yeah, I've gone 'safe' because I don't want to be eliminated early. Anyway, there have been some upsets this season, like Blackpool 4-0 Wigan and Newcastle 6-0 Aston Villa. I hope there will be more to come, it will make the season more interesting.

Chris has been the first to take a punt on a team that aren't clear favourites... against his own team.

Yeah, I was very surprised that Chris went for Wolves, especially after Newcastle beat Villa 6-0.

I went safe this week, I cannot choose Liverpool next week so we shall see...

Lots of people out already thanks Totenham, including me :@, when there is a winner will it be restarted again?

How did that work out for you? :(
Would have worked well if yous had have played decent :P, i would now recommend picking any team that plays West Ham hoping it will have the same effect :D

I will wait until the rest of the games are played for this gameweek, then highlight those eliminated.

I won't be doing more than one survivor per season, so try and stay in. ;)

Glad Chelsea did the job for me against Stoke, good old Chelsea. I may go with a Manchester team next week, they have been impressing me.

---------- Post added at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 01:24 PM ----------

Chose Spurs this week, their fixture looked the easiest, never underestimate Wigan, they are very inconsistent! West Brom, on the other hand, have been poor, at least result wise, so far. Some tough fixtures this week, I wouldn't be surprised if many people went out ;).

I picked chelsea and instantly thought, **** should of picked arsenal, Oh well, i still think chelsea will win.

Back