Pride of London: Dulwich Hamlet Youth Challenge

seanhrfc

Reaction score
View attachment 464972

Hi all, I wasn't planning on turning this into into a story but events in this save have made we want to! To set the scene, Dulwich Hamlet are currently in the 7th tier of English football in the Ryman Premier Division after being promoted. I decided to set all facilities, junior coaching etc to 10 (Average) and Youth Recruitment to 8 and start this as a Talent Factory challenge. My ultimate aim is to become the pride of London, fielding only players that have come through our academy. I used the 'Add players to playable teams' option in order to generate some regens for me to start with. I set off on my save with high hopes but little did I know the surprises in store. To set the scene, we had managed to get to the FA Cup First round proper, beating Harlow, Basingstoke and Weston-Super-Mare on the way.

First Round
View attachment 464979
An excellent result against a full strength Port Vale side who were struggling in league 1. Our two young strikers grab the goals in a 2-0 win.

Second Round
View attachment 464978
I definately thought our cup run was over as we drew one of the best teams left in the draw for the 2nd round. But we overcame all the odds in front of a capacity crowd. That man Kieran Martin bagged a brace showing his goalscoring qualities.

Third Round
View attachment 464977
I was looking forward to the prospect of getting an away draw against the Premier League sides to make us some money. Instead, we were drawn at Champion Hill to face a team just down the road called Brentford, who were having an impressive season in League 1. An outstanding centre back display from Callum Williams and clinical finishing left us with a magnificent underdog win. Pride of South London!

Fourth Round
View attachment 464976
With Leeds' priorities lying on their League campaign where they were sitting in the play-offs, it seems they came to the Fortress complacent, carrying just a few first teamers with the likes of Jamie Ashdown, Michael Tonge and Adam Drury alongside a sea of youngsters. On paper they should still be thrashing us, however the dynamic duo of Dobbs and Martin had other ideas as we slayed 3-0. What a cup run its turning out to be!

5th Round
View attachment 464975
Wow! We were able to knockout Premier League opposition firing us into the Quarter final, the first non league side to do so after the 2nd World War. It seemed West Brom hadn't learnt from Leeds' mistakes, coming with a squad with just a few first teamers (Myhill, Thorne, Ridgewell, Daniels, Anelka) and expecting to walk over us, which they still should have done. Martin & Dobbs continued their formidable partnership, getting a goal each and I daren't make any changes to the team. We were battered towards the end, but managed to hang onto a 2-1 win!

6th Round
View attachment 464974
Bristol City had been doing some Giant-Killing of their own, slaying Arsenal in the 5th round to meet us in the Quarter Final and they showed no intention of fielding a weaker side despite our lowly reputation. They must not have done their homework on us however, as Dobbs & Martin gave yet another superior team the run-around along with a corner goal from Williams. What a result at the Fortress and we have remarkably found ourselves on a trip to Wembley!!!

Semi Final
View attachment 464980
This was the most nail-biting game you could ever imagine! A full-strength Southampton side should have been giving us a tonking, but we have too much pride and guts to roll over and die. Our mental strength showed in a thrilling penalty shoot out, scoring all 4 despite Southampton having superior takers. OMFG, we are in the FA Cup Final! Insane!

Final
View attachment 464973
This game goes down as my biggest achievement on Football Manager ever and I don't think it will ever be topped. Insane. Incredible. Ecstatic! A full strength Man Utd side with the exception of a 15-year-old next Gazza, Jordan McKay, should be getting into double figures against us. I have trouble limiting Van Persie to just one goal when I am managing a top team! Oh my, this bunch of teenage lads are heroes - especially Martin, Williams and Dobbs who I'm sure will become club legends in years to come. We have won the FA Cup! And we will be competing in the Europa League whilst in the Skrill South!

View attachment 464971

The Team of Champions

View attachment 464970
View attachment 464961View attachment 464969View attachment 464968View attachment 464967View attachment 464966View attachment 464965View attachment 464964View attachment 464963View attachment 464962View attachment 464959View attachment 464960

Meet the team that managed to pull off this amazing achievement. As you can see from the screen shots they are far from world beaters, but these boys have heart, desire and potential. Dobbs is an outstanding striker who is destined for an amazing career, Martin who has a knack for a goal and Williams who is showing signs of becoming a classy defender. All of the players started with the club apart from McCoy, Behcet & Colbert who were the pick of our first youth intake. Stenning is the only real player, who joined Dulwich in real life after dropping out of Chelsea's system.

Ryman Premier League

View attachment 464955
In a less surprising fashion but still a great achievement, we took the league by storm setting the record for the League's point tally. It probably could have been more had I not been resting players for the FA Cup games.

Club Info
View attachment 464957
We are now in a terrific situation financially and our ticket prices have doubled. At the age of just 16, Rohan Dobbs has found himself as a club Icon, will probably be a legend before he reaches 20!

Facilities
View attachment 464956View attachment 464958

Our facilities are on the rise as I invested money to improve the Junior coaching from average to good and Recruitment from Adequate to A
verage.We are also spending 2.8m on improving the training facilities. Wembley, which became our 2nd home in the FA Cup, has literally become our 2nd home as it will be our stadium for Europe! I'm buzzing!

Best 11
View attachment 464953
View attachment 464954

Player performances have been of a great standard, you can see who the stars have been. In more recent news the club has turned Professional and I have tied all these young stars to long full time contracts.

Last edited:
OMG how well done mate how many storys have you got going?

Just this one and the Racing one, which will be re-visited. Wasn't planning on this game being a story but after this happening I thought I had to!

It died, my laptop crashed and I lost all of my save game files (and some uni work). Got my saves backed up on memory stick now, like my uni work was.

can you upload the database? I'd like to give this one a swing looks fun!

This is unbelievable mate! I started this challenge yesterday with Perugia in Serie C1 but there's no way i could repeat your success! Clearly the 4-4-2 is guarenteed success!

can you upload the database? I'd like to give this one a swing looks fun!

This is unbelievable mate! I started this challenge yesterday with Perugia in Serie C1 but there's no way i could repeat your success! Clearly the 4-4-2 is guarenteed success!

Faulky, i'm not entirely sure how I would upload the database, but it is just the merger of LFCMarshalls Update & the Level 9 Database found here: [Challenge] Extreme LLM Challenge - Football Manager 2013 Forum (FM 2013) - Neoseeker Forums

All you need to do is delete the FA Vase and it should run perfectly. Then I just edited Dulwich Hamlet to facility values of 10 (Youth Recruitment 8) and bob's your uncle.

Loving my 4-4-2 Sacchi atm, its been class for me since March! Just finished 2nd season, another top quality one, SS to follow.

how do you tinker with other db the only 1 i can tinker with is the si 1?

you have to load up one of them first, then choose merge database.

Load SI Database then load editor data (one of the two) then merge. Should be fine, it worked for me and I'm no editor wizard.

View attachment 464915

2013/14 Update

Youth Intake
View attachment 464916View attachment 464914View attachment 464913
View attachment 464912View attachment 464911

A very successful youth intake as we see 3 defenders come in that will instantly bolster our first teams back line. Two decent back ups, GK and MR, with potential too

FA Trophy
View attachment 464905

A disappointing season in the FA Trophy, a competition I would like to win as I want to win all the trophies available to win for an English side.

Europa League
View attachment 464907

Although we came away without a point, we can take heart in our performances as we were handed a very tough group and we kept it close in every game.

FA Cup
View attachment 464906
Another incredible performance in the FA Cup as we made it to Wembley again, this time narrowly missing out to eventual winners Arsenal. We were the kings of the replay as we played double fixtures from the first to the sixth round. This meant that we went 28 games unbeaten in the FA Cup, to put that into perspective it would take a Premier League team to win it consecutively 4 times and reach the final in the 5th year, replays excluded.

Skrill South
View attachment 464910
A very impressive season in the Skrill South and as we did last year we broke the record points, once held by Newport County. We had better depth this season so our team performed better when we were resting players for cup game. All in all, we played 69 games!

Best 11
View attachment 464909
View attachment 464908

Another good season of performances as expected by our results. Pick of the players, and supporters player of the year, is Rohan Dobbs who was in great goalscoring form leading the charts and average form. Last season's top scorer Kieran Martin scored a good amount of goals, but was not as prolific.

We managed to get out bank balance up to 10 million, of which now 8.5m has been spent on facility upgrades and stadium expansions, as well as increasing our Junior coaching from Good to Excellent.

View attachment 464880

This young lad is a legend in the making. Just tied him down on a big money 5 year contract, not risking losing him. With my Assistant saying he has potential to become a good Premier League striker, how far can this lad go?​

and i thought my tactic was good, but this is absolutely spectacular. Too bad you didn't want to start without improving your facilities ;)

and i thought my tactic was good, but this is absolutely spectacular. Too bad you didn't want to start without improving your facilities ;)

I wonder about this. Everything I have read about FM13 is not to improve facilities until you reach the Premier League because it will be of little affect. And you do not have the scouting knowledge to take advantage of the benefits. Money better spent on stadium expansions, players and payroll.

I wonder about this. Everything I have read about FM13 is not to improve facilities until you reach the Premier League because it will be of little affect. And you do not have the scouting knowledge to take advantage of the benefits. Money better spent on stadium expansions, players and payroll.
But surely it helps your players already at the club reach their potential? On my Limerick save a lot of my players come to me at 17 and become top notch by around 20 (then leave) but i always thought especially the youth facilities would help my players from the youth intake?