Zak_Everton

Reaction score
ive just been promoted as Leicester City and i finished the season with 105 points 115 goals but conceded 62 ! do i stick with my attacking formation or change it to stop the goals flooding in !

I would change it....Try Counter attacking football, and play very narrow, this will stop you from being streched by the oppoition..... I usally set my fullbacks to attack, but don't let them run with the ball......I also set one of my midfielders as defensive and let him do all the donkey work for you.....must have good stamia, Work rate, takling and passing....goodluck mate

Play with rigid, counter attacking football.
more disciplined.
shorter passing to keep possession.
play defensively to stop the amount of goals.
play with a stopper as a center back and also an anchor man.
i'd also recommend you buy a poacher or target man, also a box to box midfield, take a look at the relegated teams because some of their 'key players' may want to leave.
If Blackpool have been relegated, have a look at Charlie Adam. If Wigan have, have a look at N'Zogbia.

good luck mate.

I agree with mahrk.
Your team would be ripped apart if you use an attacking formation.

Just think about it logically, having a championship attacking set up against the likes of Rooney, Suarez, Torres and even Agbonlahor, they'd get the ball and just tear through your team on a counter attack, think defensively for your first couple of season to build a foundation.

irl life mayb not but its a game so i imagine try it out for first half of season

are you crazy ? Leicester City, Premier League, going all out attack ? he will be relegated by January if that happens.

bet he wont, i mean they seem far too good for the championship judginh by their points tally and with a few signings should be ok

Manchester United, Liverpool, Tottenham, Arsenal, Chelsea, Aston Villa, Manchester City, Blackburn, even Stoke, they are a few of probably 17+ teams that will shred him apart if he goes all out attack.

Counter attacking, defensive, disciplined football is the right way.

lets find out then shall we? op star out attack and change at xmas and see what you get more points with.

read what he's asking, he's asking about goals being conceded

irl life mayb not but its a game so i imagine try it out for first half of season

in the words of Keith Lemon.......Ur a ding bat!

There is no way his team would survive!!!!.......

I would consider using the tactic for home games......but playing away, he would get ripped apart with attacking tactics.

in the words of Keith Lemon.......Ur a ding bat!

There is no way his team would survive!!!!.......

how do you know? you dont know any of his signings or his transfer budget in summer to see who he could add to his squad. ive never ever seen a team in prem absolutely destroyed especially not one that got 105 points.

Standing in the shallow end, don't go in the deep end without arm bands.

you need to support your defense, you've just been promoted from a league that's ranked quite low, around 20th in all leagues going straight into a top flight, with the worlds most recognized players of the highest quality and you want to go all out attack, seriously.
that's like going into a lion pit wearing lady gaga's meat dress, you're going to get demolished.

i am leicester personally with a very attacking formation, i just made a few signings and stuck to what i had and am sitting 11th 14 games in and i didnt get not where near 105 points. i say stay attacking and go for the score more goals than the other team route mate

105 points in the championship is impressive, yes....but when did the championship get as good as the prem!!!??? its not like he is going to play the likes of Coventry, Watford, Cardiff, Norwich etc every week...who have the likes of Marlon King, Gary Deegan, Wes Hoolahan, Grant etc.....so take your head out your *** me mon!

105 points in the championship is impressive, yes....but when did the championship get as good as the prem!!!??? its not like he is going to play the likes of Coventry, Watford, Cardiff, Norwich etc every week...who have the likes of Marlon King, Gary Deegan, Wes Hoolahan, Grant etc.....so take your head out your *** me mon!

BOOM!

it's the best league in the world, attacking it with a wet fish isn't going to work, you need foundations and defense, but hey, you're game, you'll just have to try and get promoted again next season.